Liam Sercombe

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
...on his way perhaps?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foo ... ng-4362093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hubert Parry
Would be a good addition if true.
Robin
Experienced lower league player, would be a good addition if we can get it over the line.
paperboy
Deleted!
Last edited by paperboy on 26 Jul 2020, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
Si Robin
It was a fake account that tweeted that. Nothing from the club yet.
paperboy
Si Robin wrote:It was a fake account that tweeted that. Nothing from the club yet.
Yes,just spotted that- I got too excited!
RedRobin32
Looked up Liam Sercombe on Wikipedia yesterday. End of first para says he plays as a midfielder for Cheltenham Town!

We can live in hope!
andgarod
I get a bit unhappy when we are told that CTFc is in the lead to sign a player and a week later we still have not signed him
I know training has just started but is the player holding out for a better deal or a better offer from us or someone else
I am sure the manager knows what he wants to pay and to whom.
At what point does he say lets move on to our next target
Equally the manager may be holding things up as there are perhaps others that he may be do a deal with
Get it done one one way or another
ctfc-fan
andgarod wrote:I get a bit unhappy when we are told that CTFc is in the lead to sign a player and a week later we still have not signed him
I know training has just started but is the player holding out for a better deal or a better offer from us or someone else
I am sure the manager knows what he wants to pay and to whom.
At what point does he say lets move on to our next target
Equally the manager may be holding things up as there are perhaps others that he may be do a deal with
Get it done one one way or another
It’s a non local newspaper that has suggested this, not the club, so not their fault. Could be total BS.
paperboy
Well according to Twitter there was an unconfirmed sighting of him in Hatherley Asda wearing Cheltenham kit.last night.!

Such intrigue.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote:Well according to Twitter there was an unconfirmed sighting of him in Hatherley Asda wearing Cheltenham kit.last night.!

Such intrigue.
My cousin’s friend’s dog sitter’s postman saw him Starbucks with Yates and Johnson, so who knows.
Shade
New signing to be announced shortly
Robin
Sercombe has signed:
https://www.ctfc.com/news/2020/august/t ... s-stadium/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Need a keeper and defensive midfielder now to complete the squad I'd say.
joes dad
That's a great signing, could be one of our best.
Malabus
What a fantastic signing. Got to be happy to sign a player of that quality and experience. Signing of the summer so-far.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Artemis
Robin wrote:Sercombe has signed:
https://www.ctfc.com/news/2020/august/t ... s-stadium/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Could be two keepers if Flinders is not fit to enough to start the season. I wonder what Owen Evans is up to this season?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:
Robin wrote:Sercombe has signed:

Could be two keepers if Flinders is not fit to enough to start the season. I wonder what Owen Evans is up to this season?
Yeah, interesting. Really we should have been in the same division as Wigan in the coming season making a switch for Evans much more likely. As it is, we have to rely on players being prepared to drop to L2 which is less likely for Evans now after last season. Like JDH, I think he will play in L1 this coming season and it should have been for us.

Back on topic. Sercombe is a tremendous signing. Such experience and pedigree. May, Reid and Williams are going to be pleased with this as well. We are going to put plenty of goals past most sides.

One-year contract, which I guess is a sign of the times. Hopefully if most games are played with fans and we do well we can renew.
Shade
There's an appearance clause in his contract for a second year, so if he stays injury free (a problem last season, I read) and plays well then he should be here for at least 2 seasons.