***EL GLOSICO***

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Get a couple much needed players in, show a solid performance and it will be another victory for the best team in Cheltenhamshire.

3-1 Cheltenham....blood on the hill.
Joey
Bigger match than last Saturday.

If we let the slugs go up and we end up stuck in League 2 it would be a disaster.
Hubert Parry
Too early in the season for that. We could easily lose and still finish above them and vice versa. Would be nice to beat them on aggregate though. I'm feeling a draw from this one.
Ben3
Yes it's a big game and made much harder now they've lost their dead wood which had been holding them back (if they sacked cooper we'd really be in trouble as with their resources they should have won this league by miles years ago!).

I think this is tough and a point would be a VERY good result
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Gloucester’s co-Chair and gobshite-in-chief seems to be supporting FGR for this one...here he is wishing Dale Vince good luck in the game.

Hubert Parry
I don't even understand the tweet! A bit embarrassing really.
Ihearye
El Glosico
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASvYzbI ... unnyquot3s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Robin
I wonder if he's a Liverpool fan, hence the 2nd again comment about Man City.

Either way, I suspect most Gloucester fans hate FGR just as much as Cheltenham, if not more in some cases given they're looking to dip into the same area for fans when they move to next to the motorway.

As for El Glosico - that phrase is easily the most painful thing about this game. Especially as it was originally used for a game between FGR and Gloucester City in an FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round game a few years back
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Gloucester’s co-Chair and gobshite-in-chief seems to be supporting FGR for this one...here he is wishing Dale Vince good luck in the game.

Think somebody should pass on the word to him that Man City are a premiership team and do not play in our league. Seems to be a bit out of touch with football
Shade
Ihearye wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Gloucester’s co-Chair and gobshite-in-chief seems to be supporting FGR for this one...here he is wishing Dale Vince good luck in the game.

Think somebody should pass on the word to him that Man City are a premiership team and do not play in our league. Seems to be a bit out of touch with football
That's what I was gonna say. I think it's more of a problem reading... I mean, when you have anything to do with Gloucester it's understandable that you can't figure out a big complicated word like "league". What a twat.
Si Robin
He is actually dyslexic.
Shade
He should know better than to try and be funny on twitter then.
Chris FGR
Draw written all over it, again.
Ihearye
Si Robin wrote:He is actually dyslexic.
At his age I am sure he has got 'round' it. Just trying to be a smart @ss and ends up looking like a vvanker
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I have family members with bad dyslexia so I am not going to be critical of the effects of that.

However, regardless of those issues it is just a weird Tweet to be engaging with and an odd thing to be Tweeting. Why tag Dale Vince rather than FGR etc? Just seems a desperate attempt to get some support for a financial bail out.
steveinblack
I have family members with even worst dyiexxxiia including me.
Hold on. The weather's got warmer. I'm not a snowflake anymore!
paperboy
Well I know lots of people cringe at the name "El Glosico", but here is another contender.

Aylesbury V Aylesbury United

El Quackico.
Ihearye
paperboy wrote:Well I know lots of people cringe at the name "El Glosico", but here is another contender.

Aylesbury V Aylesbury United

El Quackico.
Just as cringeworthly as the el shitico
Si Robin
Tbf, that's at least semi-humorous. El Glosico is just tragic.
Ben3
Si Robin wrote:Tbf, that's at least semi-humorous. El Glosico is just tragic.
Potentially that depends on how seriously one takes oneself, Si :roll:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Will the CTFC commentary team be able to travel to TNL seeing as they all work for R Glos, or will they be confined to the studio?

If no away commentary teams are allowed, then I hope R Glos have one FGR and one Chelt in their team so that we don’t have to listen to purely home commentary.
Ihearye
Can hardly be deemed essential travel?
Si Robin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Will the CTFC commentary team be able to travel to TNL seeing as they all work for R Glos, or will they be confined to the studio?

If no away commentary teams are allowed, then I hope R Glos have one FGR and one Chelt in their team so that we don’t have to listen to purely home commentary.
Isn't the main FGR commentator Ian Randall these days? He used to be the main Cheltenham one some time back so you'd expect him to be impartial even if dullard Billy Hunt isn't.
Fuller
Ian has supported the Robins all his life, he stood on the terraces with his Father at Whaddon Road for years, but he’s always been professional and impartial in his commentaries.

I see the weather isn’t looking particularly great for Saturday. Boggy pitch probably.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fuller wrote:Ian has supported the Robins all his life, he stood on the terraces with his Father at Whaddon Road for years, but he’s always been professional and impartial in his commentaries.

I see the weather isn’t looking particularly great for Saturday. Boggy pitch probably.
Writing Cooper’s excuses for him.
Red Duke
Fuller wrote:Ian has supported the Robins all his life, he stood on the terraces with his Father at Whaddon Road for years, but he’s always been professional and impartial in his commentaries.

I have always been impressed with Ian Randall and his commentaries. One time, I listened to him covering a game for Cheltenham for the away team. You wouldn't have known that he was a CTFC fan.

In the early days of commentary on the internet, you actually got the direct feed from the ground and not the radio output. Therefore you could hear what was being said in the background and it always made interesting listening.

When there was Studio was broadcasting, he had to remain silent and once or twice CTFC actually scored and you could hear the sound of crowd but no commentary. I once complained to Radio Glos about this and he rang me up personally to explain why this happened.

It doesn't happen now as you get the radio feed on the internet.
Shade

Possible snow so good chance the game will be off, given the location.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:

Possible snow so good chance the game will be off, given the location.
If it is then it might mean we have a few more bodies recovered from injury before the rearranged game.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
This gets even more embarrassing and cringeworthy.

Dale Vince responds and starts a love in. Surprising as culturally and socially I cannot believe the two would have anything in common, and politically they will certainly be on opposite sides....amazing how mutual jealousy can unite two people!

Shade
:lol:

It's quite bizarre. And sad. As always, thank God we don't have an owner/chairman/board member like either of them.
SHANDY VOR
Guys, not sure what the issue is here - 2 chaps exchanging pleasantries over Twitter is hardly controversial - not sure why it is of such interest to some of you?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:Guys, not sure what the issue is here - 2 chaps exchanging pleasantries over Twitter is hardly controversial - not sure why it is of such interest to some of you?
No one said it was controversial...just embarrassing/sad/cringe etc.
SHANDY VOR
Why?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:Why?
All been discussed above..started with the bizarre Tweet from AP prior to DV responding. That Tweet was a bit odd and the type thing you see from weirdos online when scrolling through comments.
Ihearye
don't give a feck, its the same 3 points as any other saturday