Paper rumours

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

andgarod
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ns-5027762" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... sdale.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suppose until he goes his name will be linked with every vacancy

I hope the chairman has another name or 2 up his sleeve

Let the suggestions flow
Si Robin
From what I've seen online, Joey Barton is pretty much nailed on for the job there now.

As JP reports - Rovers would have to pay some sort of compo for him and I don't see that happening given the current climate.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It comes down to three things in my view:

1. Is our financial position such that the Board will value guaranteed compensation now over potential but not guaranteed long term success with Duff?

2. Does Duff feel he has been instrumental in turning Cheltenham around, helping them reach their strongest position for years but can’t see how the Club or he will ‘kick on’ or progress his career and therefore a change is good for him, or...

3. Does Duff see this as the still the start of something special, with the Board giving him confidence and as much certainty as possible that he can achieve the next step (established League 1 side) here at Cheltenham and progress his career here.
Shade
Joey Barton confirmed at Bristol Rovers :lol:

What a combination. How long after fans are allowed back before he has a punch up with one of their delightful fans?
Horteng
Shade wrote:Joey Barton confirmed at Bristol Rovers :lol:

What a combination. How long after fans are allowed back before he has a punch up with one of their delightful fans?
Not long. He's awaiting a court visit already. It will end in tears I am sure
theidlerich
Ill disciplined on the pitch and very little better off it. Not the best appointment for Rovers!
longmover
Why would any board give this chap any time at their club? Pure PR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If you go by the bookies, it is pretty much odds on that both Cheltenham and FGR will be a division above Bristol Rovers next season.

The Gasheads will not like that!