Parklands

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Andy
With the main car park closed, does anyone know for definite if Parklands will be open for parking for today’s game.

I know the turnstiles that end are shut.

Thanks in advance.
Leckyfan
Andy wrote:With the main car park closed, does anyone know for definite if Parklands will be open for parking for today’s game.

I know the turnstiles that end are shut.

Thanks in advance.
I tried to park there, but with only one gate open, and nobody taking money, I decided against. Was slightly concerned they might have locked the gate with fans’ cars trapped inside. In the event, the one gate was still open at the end of the game, so I might have got away with it.

More annoying (for me) were the ticket collection arrangements. Forced to walk all the way round to the main car park, then back to the Wymans Road turnstiles to enter the Colin Farmer Stand.

Hoping this will be more convenient arrangements after Monday’s relaxations. Inability to park/enter the ground from Parklands is a real nuisance - hoping this not a permanent thing.

Cash-free turnstiles is fine, but we need downloadable tickets/bar codes on our phones, not this antiquated process of collecting physical tickets.
horlickfanclub
Parklands gound entrance being closed means that those who rely on parking there but cannot walk as far as the Wymans entrance cannot access the ground. If you are in a wheelchair or similar it means joining the crowd entering via the Wymans. Not a good plan. The club needs to think again .
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It is a marginal cost to open all turnstiles, but it improves the visitor experience considerably. It should be seen as in investment in encouraging more fans to come more often, rather than a cost to be cut.

Insufficient turnstiles leading to queues are frustrations can be interpreted by fans as the club showing it does not care about the fan experience. This can set the tone for the whole afternoon.

Granted this was only a friendly where not many people are interested in going and the ticket revenue is minimal and I hope it is better for league games.
paperboy
With plans for a fan zone in the car park one would think that a more direct route to The Colin Farmer Stand should be part of the plan.
The lack of one has always encouraged those fans to patronise Parklands.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote:With plans for a fan zone in the car park one would think that a more direct route to The Colin Farmer Stand should be part of the plan.
The lack of one has always encouraged those fans to patronise Parklands.
Apart from allowing fans to walk across the pitch (unlikely) or walk through the C&G or Hazlewoods (recipe for chaos) I do not know how such access will be facilitated.

As I had relatives who lived on Cromwell Road backing on to Parklands and the patch of green space behind the C&G and Parklands my understanding is that the Council own that land. The Council also own Cakebridge Place.

If a slice of land for a dedicated walkway from our car park, through the end of Cakebridge and through that green space round to the Colin Farmer in to a new entrance then that would be a solution.