Michael Duff after the win at Charlton

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Interview here: https://bit.ly/DuffAfterCharlton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jerry St Clair
Increasingly, Duff is reminding me of Steve Coppell. The similarities in their approaches to management are uncanny: Thoughtful, articulate, calm, progressive, never too up, never too down. Placing as much emphasis on a player's character and attitude as his football ability. It's extraordinary and bodes well.

I do remember Coppell complained about getting bored with journalists asking the same old questions game after game, so JP needs to keep on his toes and keep it fresh!
plymrob
Please snap out of what... Lot of borderline balls above. But we know where we are. It's a team going in the right direction... AGAIN
longmover
Jerry St Clair wrote:Increasingly, Duff is reminding me of Steve Coppell. The similarities in their approaches to management are uncanny: Thoughtful, articulate, calm, progressive, never too up, never too down. Placing as much emphasis on a player's character and attitude as his football ability. It's extraordinary and bodes well.

I do remember Coppell complained about getting bored with journalists asking the same old questions game after game, so JP needs to keep on his toes and keep it fresh!
I don't know how he retains his patients with PF? Sometimes you can see him take a breath / eye roll before answering one of his questions that a 7yr old would ask.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:
Jerry St Clair wrote:Increasingly, Duff is reminding me of Steve Coppell. The similarities in their approaches to management are uncanny: Thoughtful, articulate, calm, progressive, never too up, never too down. Placing as much emphasis on a player's character and attitude as his football ability. It's extraordinary and bodes well.

I don't know how he retains his patients with PF? Sometimes you can see him take a breath / eye roll before answering one of his questions that a 7yr old would ask.
Indeed. Those silly comments a few weeks ago about “Duff not being happy” were more to do with boredom/frustration of answering questions than they were about off-the-pitch comings and goings.