Rangers, again...

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-21326039

What I don't understand is, if HMRC win this case, who is liable for the bill seeing as the old Glasgow Rangers club is no more?
baggy89
I think it's more about the amount of time and money HMRC have spent on this case. It was really a test case to begin with as there are several EPL clubs who have operated this type of scheme in a similar way to rangers, and if HMRC can get the result they want it will mean the loophole is closed and they can go after a lot more people for a lot more money.

Won't be long before their dealing with their b#!#%#d offspring THE rangers if what I have been hearing is correct.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I hope this really is the start of hmrc going after more clubs. Funny how everyone gets heated up by starbucks and amazon and banks but don't care when dodgy football clubs are just as bad. Time to get the winding up orders out and post it out!
asl
What? Is this referring to the *new* club that plays under the same name??? http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-gla ... t-21370477
baggy89
It refers to the new club who play under a different name, but as BBC Scotland have so many of "them" on their payroll and because their "fans", if the BBC dare to refer to the rangers
in the correct terms, will create all kinds of merry hell.

"Old Co." are "RFC2012"??? = lies to keep the terminally stupid Huns onside.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I heard that the battered heroin with buckfast sauce sales at third division grounds have rocketed since rangers have been in that league.
baggy89
Revenue of £9.5m
· Operating expenses of £16.6m
· Loss before non-recurring items and finance costs of £7.0m
· Profit before tax £9.5m driven by non-recurring release of negative goodwill of £20.5m
· Investment in football personnel of £1.6m in line with strategy
· Finance leases of £1.9m at 31 December 2012
· Cash of £21.2m as at 31 December 2012
· Undertaking of debts of former Rangers Football Club plc of £2.8m (£251,000 remains to be paid in accordance with the terms agreed)

New club, same old huns, same old cheating.
baggy89
Things are about to go boom, down Govan way again it would seem.

Only 8000 at Iprix last night for the first ever Hunathon against their Northern Irish cousins Linfield.
Then you take the game at the weekend against QotS being 11k down on the corresponding fixture from earlier in the season.
It would appear the rats are leaving the sinking ship in their droves.

They've sacked various backroom staff, and Sandaza, attempted to sack McDowall and Durrrant most likely in an attempt to force McCoist to quit, culminating in the alleged punch up between fat Sally and Chucky Green.

It appears that Green is Whyte's front and he seems to be drip feeding phone conversations and text messages to the press in preparation for his court case over the ownership of the assets. Speculation rife that the raids on Whytes properties are an attempt by the huns masonic friends, to recover the incriminating tapes.

Green appears to be unraveling presumably because of the backlash HE will face from the unwashed hordes if it comes out that he is a front for Whyte. The rest don't care as they're faceless institutional investors.

Now there are rumours that there will be another administration or Memebers Voluntary Liquidation, in the next week or so.
leohoenig
I won't commemnt on the word Hunathon!
However, Lingfield v Rangers is a frequent fixture, and I doubt that this is the first meeting at Ibrox.
baggy89
This is definitely the first time they have met at Ibrox. Just as the Third Division Trophy will be their first trophy. The previous club may have played Linfield at Ibrox previously but not this incarnation.
leohoenig
Now tell them that they are a different club. Wear a hard hat.
baggy89
Think the FACT that they are a new club is the least of their worries...
I have no knowledge of the ins and outs of laws regarding liquidation etc. but surely a director of a company cannot set up a new company to buy the assets of their previous company for a greatly undervalued price, and not break any laws.

At a guess this would null and void the existence of the new club?? Rendering their results null and void and still liable for all the debt of the old club. Whatever at this moment in time this is my favourite week and I'm away to buy a lottery ticket Hood luck comes in threes after all!!
ctfc-fan
baggy89 wrote:Think the FACT that they are a new club is the least of their worries...
I have no knowledge of the ins and outs of laws regarding liquidation etc. but surely a director of a company cannot set up a new company to buy the assets of their previous company for a greatly undervalued price, and not break any laws.

At a guess this would null and void the existence of the new club?? Rendering their results null and void and still liable for all the debt of the old club. Whatever at this moment in time this is my favourite week and I'm away to buy a lottery ticket Hood luck comes in threes after all!!
I believe they can and do buy the assets of their old company. Certainly from my experience.

The main issue is if there is believed to be fraud or issues that caused the company to go down which were caused by the directors. Then if they are banned they cannot hold a directorship for x years.
baggy89
I'm assuming the "highlights" of their loss to Peterhead at the weekend were uploaded to the BBC site by a bitter hun, none of the goals shown!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/22240185
ctfc-fan
baggy89 wrote:Think the FACT that they are a new club is the least of their worries...

That form is fake
baggy89
Sooooo....

In May, Uncle Walter gets made no-executive director, Huns are delighted.

During close season, Sevco "sign" players on pre-contract agreements.

Friday, Chuckie Green gets reinstated (just as the last of the season tickets get sold)

Saturday, Sevco lose to Forfar (whose total weekly wage budget is equivalent to what Lee McCullough earns in a day) in the league cup. Sally McMoist has an eppie during post match interviews, blaming Chuckie for him being a shite manager.

Monday Uncle Walter walks away (again). Rumours that the better players are being offered around Championship clubs and that the pre-contracts might not be honoured.