Dirty Gloucester

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
In other news - GCAFC doing their bit to promote bad health/diet:

"All @GCAFCofficial fans, PLEASE get down to @burgerstarglos at 5.30pm today, buy your tea, and get your pic in the paper!! PLEASE RT!!!!!!!!"
asl
Burger Star....mmmmmm.... Just occasionally, I miss no longer living in the vicinity of Leckhampton....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Best by far
Pie
I know the owner, David, hope he isn't putting money on the sinking ship.
Pie
Oh dear;

http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/press- ... b-sponsor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well it seems that David hasn't put any money into the club, but the Gloucester shop owner has. Oh dear.
Malabus
Now the glorious Cheltenham fans will no doubt boycott this food chain, surely their profits will be down come April next year.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Now the glorious Cheltenham fans will no doubt boycott this food chain, surely their profits will be down come April next year.
McDonalds for me every time.
CTFC03
Burger Star in Bath Road has become quite expensive now!!
Pie
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:Now the glorious Cheltenham fans will no doubt boycott this food chain, surely their profits will be down come April next year.
sod that, McDonalds is awful.
Every time I have been to the ones in Cheltenham I have had to wait -the worst one was waiting 20 minutes for a quarter pounder with cheese meal!!
It's hardly "fast food" when you have to wait 5 minutes for a burger that's been sat on a shelf for 20 minutes.
At least with Burger star the food is decent, and its all cooked to order.

Like everything though, if you want quality then you have to pay for it, and thats why I would rather pay £15 and get 2 giant stars with cheese and bacon, large fries and the best milkshakes around, instead of paying £10 and getting 2 big macs that were made 20 minutes prior to you ordering them, some soggy cold fries and some soda with a bit of coke syrup in.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Pie wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
sod that, McDonalds is awful.
Every time I have been to the ones in Cheltenham I have had to wait -the worst one was waiting 20 minutes for a quarter pounder with cheese meal!!
It's hardly "fast food" when you have to wait 5 minutes for a burger that's been sat on a shelf for 20 minutes.
At least with Burger star the food is decent, and its all cooked to order.

Like everything though, if you want quality then you have to pay for it, and thats why I would rather pay £15 and get 2 giant stars with cheese and bacon, large fries and the best milkshakes around, instead of paying £10 and getting 2 big macs that were made 20 minutes prior to you ordering them, some soggy cold fries and some soda with a bit of coke syrup in.
It's like a foreign language.
Pie
Not really.

1 burger is a 1/4 pounder.
a Giant Star has 2 burgers, making it a 1/2 pounder.
The Mega Star has 3 burgers, 3/4 pounds of meat.

The most I have ever known is someone buying 8 burgers in a bun with no salad!!

PLUS, you can put whatever sauce you want on, and how much of each sauce. ;)
asl
Stop talking about Burger Star. Now. Please.
Pie
Why, are you hungry :lol:
asl
:cry:
Si Robin
I could bloody murder a Burger Star, I thought the one benefit of moving to Tewkesbury in 2010 was that they had one, except it closed before I moved in. Absolutely gutted.

Prontos just isn't the same.
Pie
Haven't been to prontos.
The reason Tewkesbury store was closed what the original franchisee left after the front window was smashed every weekend and there was always some clown trying to rob the place.
He left, and no one else was willing to take it on.
Shame a lot of them closed as there used to be 2 in Bristol, 1 in Malvern, Tewkesbury, Stroud, Ciren, Evesham Glos and of course the flagship shop on Bath Road.
Laurence
Always preferred Charles anyway.