Bales signed for Real so what exciting moves will happen now

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
on monday.. it could start a chain reaction

but 300k a week? ridiculous.. although him and and Ronaldo in the same team could be special

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23538218" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
At least it's finally done so only a few games/weeks and it won't be all over the sodding sports news all the time.
leohoenig
Sorry, what do you want in the Sports news - actual reports of what is going on?
Ralph
its the biggest move all year. These deals always take time but now its done the cards will start to fall in place elsewhere maybe
Shade
leohoenig wrote:Sorry, what do you want in the Sports news - actual reports of what is going on?
Not my point - I'm just glad the deal is done as they've been dragging it out all summer. But yes, I would like them to report actual happenings rather than "A source has said Bale is moving to Real for £100m", and then "Another source has told us he's moving for £90m, but it might be to Barcelona - or somebody might have just thought this up so we have got something to say about Gareth Bale". Sky Sports News even sent a reporter out to Madrid 2 weeks ago ready for the big unveiling. I think he's come home again before the deal was done.
Shade
Would you go and sit in the stands on a Monday lunchtime to see a player do a few keepy-uppies? Seems bizarre that the entire lower tier is packed at the Bernabeu just to see him walk round the pitch a bit. A whole other level of fanatics.
leohoenig
You seen pictures of Newcastle, when Shrearer and/or Keegan arrived?
Shade
Well the Toon are well known fanatics as well. I just can't imagine, no matter how big CTFC were to ever get, that we'd have even a couple thousand people out to sit in the stand and wait for our new record signing to do a lap of the pitch.