JonJo Shelvy hero and villan tonight back at Anfield

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
scores for the Swans to put them one up v Liverpool and then is responsible for 2 lousy balls gifting Liverpool 2 goals so far :lol:
taxidave
I think you will find that the match was played at the Liberty Stadium, Swansea.
I suppose these sort of errors can happen when you are watching in a country that doesn't even understand football and calls it soccer.
PS it is VILLAIN or is that just another US bastardisation of the English language.
Ralph
taxidave wrote:I think you will find that the match was played at the Liberty Stadium, Swansea.
I suppose these sort of errors can happen when you are watching in a country that doesn't even understand football and calls it soccer.
PS it is VILLAIN or is that just another US bastardisation of the English language.
who cares.. i don't.. :lol: i was talking about the player not all that you wrote :P
taxidave
Ralph wrote:
taxidave wrote:I think you will find that the match was played at the Liberty Stadium, Swansea.
who cares.. i don't.. :lol: i was talking about the player not all that you wrote :P
But you wrote that he was "back at Anfield", if the headline is not correct why should anyone believe the rest of what you wrote, after all you couldn't even spell the bloke's name correctly. :roll:
So that's 3 errors in one headline, p!ss poor effort if you ask me. :!:
ctfc-fan
taxidave wrote:
Ralph wrote:
But you wrote that he was "back at Anfield", if the headline is not correct why should anyone believe the rest of what you wrote, after all you couldn't even spell the bloke's name correctly. :roll:
So that's 3 errors in one headline, p!ss poor effort if you ask me. :!:
So Dave, where are your question marks after the questions you answered? Everyone can make simple errors.

It's so sad, can we give this whole grammar bitching a rest please?
asl
Surely, grammatically, the headline could indicate that he was a hero and a villain to those people who were at Anfield last night? Therefore, it's irrelevant where Shelvy, himself, happened to be. There could well have been cleaners and admin staff still back in Liverpool - to say nothing of corporate events that may be taking place (non-matchday revenue, and all that.) Many of those people could well have been Liverpool fans - or even Everton, Man U or Swansea fans - who could thus view Shelvy as both hero and villain.

So - as you were, Ralph!
Ralph
TD where do i mention at all that the game was being played at Anfield.. I don't :)
As for the spelling of his name, i pulled it off the tv broadcast. Blame them lol

asl .. my point exactly! Thank you for confirming :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
taxidave wrote:
p!ss poor effort if you ask me. :!:
Correct.

Next he'll be saying the goal-line technology was at fault for all the goals.