Rent dodgers could destroy the pitch as early as October.

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Daveangel wrote:Was nice to see a few CTFC fans there last night taking advantage of the £10 entry fee.

They haven't found the Parklands hole yet then...
Neil
Malabus wrote:
Daveangel wrote:Was nice to see a few CTFC fans there last night taking advantage of the £10 entry fee.

They haven't found the Parklands hole yet then...
Is that the gloryhole that you earn your pocket money from?
bobcarolgees
As a so called supporter I'll have my 10 pence worth. The owners are not football men, they rarely if ever go. that's not a detrimental pop, thats a fact. They were not at Yate for a game 30 minutes down the road in the oldest cup competition in the world. Apparently they were at the rugby, a game that didn't even kick off till 6pm. Were they at the 7-0 game? Not sure. From what I understand, no.

Meadow Park is a seperate limited company to the football club. The ground is derelict. It's been left to rot. The entire area looks like something out of the Balkans War (Sorry Dave Angel had to get a Arkan reference in somewhere ;) Flood proofing a piece of land currently worthless once planning approval is gained would see the price of that land increase massively (especially seen as the Quays development, Sainsbury’s and the Hempsted Quays housing development is all up there now plus of course the South West bypass). The clubs planning consultant also happens to be EMG’s best mate and also the 2nd highest share holder, the cynical perspective could be that they therefore have an incredibly vested interest in only returning the club to Meadow Park. Regardless what was said at the last meeting, the fact that the football ground did not meet ground regulations for the divison shows the attention to detail spent on the 1 thing they should have been focussing on.

The City Council and the politicans can only do so much, the club is a private holding. It's not council owned or fan owned. They can have an opinion but basically hold no sway in a decision. (Other than saying no to returning to Sudmeadow Rd of course)

From my gloomy outlook, I cannot see us ever returning to the City. Why would anything change that's been different from the last fruitless 7 seasons? The stadium update list is a piece of comedy. "Home by 2010....Home by 2011...Home by 2013..Home by 2015... Home by erm..."

What the alternative is, I have no idea. Some fans are pissed off and frankly after 6 years and 7 seasons of false promises have every right to display that, well the ones that actually go to games now of course. Their view is swept under the table and the fans, loyal home and away supporters who have followed the club for decades, are instead branded as "moaners" and "trouble makers". But the fact that the some of our consistent support seem content to not rock the boat or ask probing questions tells me hope is lost. They are worried that if the current owners decide to go, then the club goes with it. I'm not so sure.

Now if you don't mind I wish to return to self harming. Thanks
Malabus
Arkan the Serb Warlord. I thought I was the only person on this forum intelligent enough to have knowledge of this war criminal.
bobcarolgees
Apparently not. The Hampton & Richmond game is slowly turning into the Lazio Curva with all the Serbian flags...
taxidave
Thank you very much bobcarolgees for your informative insight into the workings of GCFC. What I do not understand is why it is possible for you to come onto this forum and post such a clear picture of what is going on within your club and yet others, like Neil and daveangel, appear to know nothing at all or possibly are too afraid to put their heads above the parapet and speak the truth.
The only problem I have with your post is that it looks as though you might be lodgers here at Whaddon Road for many years to come, as it really does appear as though your owner will not invest any money into building a new stadium for the football club until he gets planning permission for the rest of his proposed developments.
Malabus
Bobcarolgees a breath of fresh air.
Daveangel
"What I do not understand is why it is possible for you to come onto this forum and post such a clear picture of what is going on within your club and yet others, like Neil and daveangel, appear to know nothing at all or possibly are too afraid to put their heads above the parapet and speak the truth."

It could maybe because that much of it is Bobs opinion, and whilst I totally respect it, it does not mean that everyone shares it.

Just a thought.
taxidave
Daveangel wrote:"What I do not understand is why it is possible for you to come onto this forum and post such a clear picture of what is going on within your club and yet others, like Neil and daveangel, appear to know nothing at all or possibly are too afraid to put their heads above the parapet and speak the truth."
It could maybe because that much of it is Bobs opinion, and whilst I totally respect it, it does not mean that everyone shares it.
Just a thought.
At least he has the guts to come on to this forum and express his "opinion" which is more than you or Neil are prepared to do.
So which parts of his message do you consider to be be just "opinion" and not fact.
Daveangel
Right. Here goes!

The facts Bob states cannot be denied, and make pretty depressing reading. 7 years away from Gloucester is quite frankly embarrassing, and it, in my opinion, has been caused by a combination of trying to solve a very tricky problem (it floods you know), and a series of actions by the owners that vary between amateur and downright incompetent. Undoubtably, if the origional plans had gone through the land would have been worth a mint, and you'd be pretty naive if you thought that wasn't a motivating factor to go down that route. But it wasn't approved, and quite frankly I don't believe it ever had a cat in hells chance. Again, just my opinion.
It seems we're in a very different place now. That application was resubmitted so it could be formerly turned down (it had been sent away with a list of impossible tasks previously). That allows the owners to submit a scaled down application at less financial cost. Now I can understand why people think they only threw money at the club (down the drain?) when there was a chance of a large and profitable industrial area, but that is no longer the case. All that is being proposed now is a football ground, yet I know that thousands of pounds of their own money is still being spent on making that happen. Is it being done well? Not a bloody clue. I can't say I'm overly optimistic, BUT, I'm not seeing anyone else stepping forward to take the baton. A new ground will take a lot of money to build. Will the council pay? No. Redrow homes on the Civil Service site? No.
It obviously can't go on forever, but at this juncture I personally don't see ANY other option but to stretch our wafer thin patience a bit further. We could drop three leagues and play Sunday football at Tuffley Rovers (we do actually play on Saturdays currently, despite what some of the more hilarious posters on here think :) ) but I'm sure you can understand that would be hugely gutting for those who do so much for no reward.
And the trouble with all the anti EMG feelings shown at games, is in my opinion, that the people who it's aimed at, and arguably deserve it, are indeed more likely at Kingsholm, or are thick skinned enough to let it wash over them, and the people who get disheartened by it are the people in the middle, who keep the ship afloat by giving up many hours doing unpaid work.
There is no easy answer to our clubs problems, but on the plus side, at least it gives some chaps on here a good laugh. Just thank your lucky stars you have Paul Baker. They don't grow on trees.

Well I'm off to self harm with Bob, but nothing too severe I'm afraid as I've a team to support tomorrow in Stockport.
Malabus
Daveangel a breath of fresh air.
taxidave
Thanks for your reply Dave, but you really could have posted that some time ago without waiting for bobcarolgees post.! So all we need now is for Neil to post his observations.
I hope you have a good day at Stockport, make sure you get there nice and early as there are some smashing pubs with really good, cheap real ales.
Is Shandy travelling up with you because he was living in Stockport when I first met him at Macclesfield.
Si Robin
What's happened to Shandy, not seen him on here of COF for quite a while.
C.V
Si Robin wrote:What's happened to Shandy, not seen him on here of COF for quite a while.

Wandsworth Scrubs
Daveangel
To be honest, it wasn't a retisence to post what I thought, more just a lack of really ever having collated my thoughts on the matter. I love my football team (I wouldn't travel home and away if I didn't), but I have a family and more important things to do than worry about things I have no real control over (and that's certainly not a dig at Bob, as his new family is far more demanding that mine I'm sure!) I just go to football to enjoy it, and if it reached the stage where I found myself so pissed off that I felt the need to protest at a game, I don't think I'd be there. I may have a degree, but I've never been much of a deep thinker. I only drive a white van after all, eh Mal :)
Daveangel
C.V wrote:
Si Robin wrote:What's happened to Shandy, not seen him on here of COF for quite a while.

Wandsworth Scrubs
He's been moved to Layhill now.
Malabus
Daveangel wrote:To be honest, it wasn't a retisence to post what I thought, more just a lack of really ever having collated my thoughts on the matter. I love my football team (I wouldn't travel home and away if I didn't), but I have a family and more important things to do than worry about things I have no real control over (and that's certainly not a dig at Bob, as his new family is far more demanding that mine I'm sure!) I just go to football to enjoy it, and if it reached the stage where I found myself so pissed off that I felt the need to protest at a game, I don't think I'd be there. I may have a degree, but I've never been much of a deep thinker. I only drive a white van after all, eh Mal :)
As long as you are happy that's the main thing, I don't judge anyone.
Daveangel
Blissfully. £30 an hour helps :D
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If we're relying on the cringe-bag Peake then god save us. Ultimatum time. Up the rent to £75k next season then they can like it or lump it. Might force them into action as it seems as long as they get on our pitch for charity rates they have no incentive to do anything for themselves.

Ultimately, if Gloucester City cannot survive and are not wanted in Gloucester, then what is the point in them carrying on?
Daveangel
Yeah, nobody wants Gloucester City playing in Gloucester :roll:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Daveangel wrote:Yeah, nobody wants Gloucester City playing in Gloucester :roll:
Lack of planning permission for the sunk site and lack of interest to build anywhere suggests to me those with the power can take it or leave it. I'd have thought if enough of the public cared then the council would do what they could to help as it would be politically sensible. The fact they rejected your preferred option suggests they don't consider public sentiment to be great enough to care about. So yes a couple of hundred want the club back in the city for footballing reasons but if no one else does then they will have to do it alone. Seven years and no change. I bet if you dropped a couple of leagues, played in the city with a big fan influence, you would rise up the leagues again and be in a better state in five years than you would be after five more years of the current farce.
C.V
Can only say a big thankyou to Neil,Dave Angel and the rest for contributing to our club funds to keep the best football club in Gloucestershire at the top of the pyrimid.The generosity of there fans must be appreciated.I think as they clearly have no real plans to move back to Gloscester perhaps we should try and screw a bit more money out there bulging pockets and up the rent a bit more.DaveAngel earns £30 per hour and Neil has just had a nice little pay day from the Post Office sell off, so come on cough up a bit more rent.
Neil
See, there's someone else who doesn't have the slightest idea but forms an opinion on it.

No Postal Worker will get shares for three years.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
£40k a year is as under priced as the share sell off anyway. And as witnessed, if WR were to be rented out on the open market the cost for GCFC would go up over 50% in a few days. Baker must demand £70k next season.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Baker must demand £70k next season.
80k and that is still cheap.
Neil
Has this thread been bumped from last year?
C.V
The only thing that want's bumping is your rabble of our pitch
Neil
Why does it affect your life so much?
asl
It's because we're a bit sh1t at the moment. Talking about you lot reminds us that things aren't as bad as they could be.
taxidave
Neil wrote:Why does it affect your life so much?
I thought you were supposed to be a loyal supporter, why didn't you go to Stockport.
Daveangel
C.V wrote:Can only say a big thankyou to Neil,Dave Angel and the rest for contributing to our club funds to keep the best football club in Gloucestershire at the top of the pyrimid.The generosity of there fans must be appreciated.I think as they clearly have no real plans to move back to Gloscester perhaps we should try and screw a bit more money out there bulging pockets and up the rent a bit more.DaveAngel earns £30 per hour and Neil has just had a nice little pay day from the Post Office sell off, so come on cough up a bit more rent.
I only work 15 hours a week mind :)
Neil
taxidave wrote:
I thought you were supposed to be a loyal supporter, why didn't you go to Stockport.
Work.
taxidave
Neil wrote:
taxidave wrote:
Work.
I thought all you postmen were on strike because you don't like being given shares in the company you now own.
Neil
You thought wrong.