is CTFC a "factory of sadness"?

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You should watch this like more than a million have.. yes its football and yes season ticket holders go through the same pain everywhere :)
leohoenig
I love the last line "I'll see you Sunday".
Despite everything, he is still going to the game.
Ralph
Absolutely, its that line right at the end that hits home for me too. No matter what you get put through each and every season, and in the nfl you have to buy the pre season tickets to get a season ticket (imagine the uproar if ctfc did that lol) you'll still be there the very next home game :)

As a side note also on the Browns, there was a story this year that made the press about a guy that was a season ticket holder with them that apparently died and in his last wishes he wrote that he wanted 6 Browns players to lower his coffin into the ground just so they could... let him down one more time :lol:

The guy that owns Villa (Randy Lerner) used to own them till he sold to some big guy in truck stops over here who now is being investigated for a whole load of criminal stuff... and they're still not very good
Malabus
How does the league structure work regarding NFL and how do teams make to it the superbowl, is it knock out rounds?
Ralph
2 conferences NFC and AFC.. National and American. Its when the 2 separate entities got together in the early 60's and then you have 4 div's in each conf. Teams play all their opponents in their div and others in each conference, 16 games regular season and then the play offs which have a total of 12 teams that get in. Each conference has four division champs and two wild-card teams making 12.. its all about who has the best records at the end of the regular season. Its knock out once you reach the playoffs. The team with the best record in NFC and AFC have home field advantage right thru the playoffs

http://www.nfl.com/standings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

in the AFC if the play offs were to start today you have the 4 div winners NE, Cincy Kansas and Indy and then the 2 after with the best record who would be Denver and the NY Jets and the same in the NFC

Its the only US sport i like to watch. Basketball is boring, Baseball is terrible, hockeys ok
Malabus
Ralph wrote:2 conferences NFC and AFC.. National and American. Its when the 2 separate entities got together in the early 60's and then you have 4 div's in each conf. Teams play all their opponents in their div and others in each conference, 16 games regular season and then the play offs which have a total of 12 teams that get in. Each conference has four division champs and two wild-card teams making 12.. its all about who has the best records at the end of the regular season. Its knock out once you reach the playoffs. The team with the best record in NFC and AFC have home field advantage right thru the playoffs

http://www.nfl.com/standings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

in the AFC if the play offs were to start today you have the 4 div winners NE, Cincy Kansas and Indy and then the 2 after with the best record who would be Denver and the NY Jets and the same in the NFC

Its the only US sport i like to watch. Basketball is boring, Baseball is terrible, hockeys ok

Seems a very complexed system.
Ralph
it is.. i always complain to people that they should have promotion and relegation over here for sports like the rest of the world. The one good thing is how soon not so good teams get better with both the salary cap and most important the college draft that brings the kids from college into the nfl once a year in april. The worst team in the league gets the first pick ( the best kid) and then the next worst takes the next best and they do it over 7 rounds.. the college game is massive. My team Alabama get 107k to every home game.
asl
Is there still the little chubby kid left at the very end of the process that someone says "okay...we'll have you...but you'll have to go in goal"?
Ralph
strange you mention that :)
Theres an award for the last player picked "Mr Irrelevant" the 254'th and last player picked http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1621 ... -nfl-draft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

watch the video at 1min in :lol: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap ... Irrelevant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.irrelevantweek.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

don't think he's chubby though http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1621 ... aft/page/4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and yes he made it to the team proper. After the draft and before pre season, each team has around 80 players. By the end of pre season i thinks its down to 54 total
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I've watched two super bowls. Once you know the tacctics it isn't too bad as it's very tactically technical. If you don't know what's going on it's awful to watch as play stops every ten seconds and there are more ad breaks than play.

I like the stats and tactics of baseball. One of the most tense moments in sport is when a team needs four to win and has the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth.

Alabama.....explains some of your extreme views. Though I suspect you come across as liberal there...
asl
I've always thought that American Football is simply about who can execute rehersed set-plays the best (while the opposition try to stop them doing that.) Imagine a proper football match comprised of only free-kicks and corners, and you've got the American game.
Shade
asl wrote:I've always thought that American Football is simply about who can execute rehersed set-plays the best (while the opposition try to stop them doing that.) Imagine a proper football match comprised of only free-kicks and corners, and you've got the American game.
Spot on. 60 playing minutes, stretched out to about 3 hours, of training ground moves with an engorged break every 15 minutes of play.
Ralph
its like a violent game of chess.. still not as good as proper football though
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:its like a violent game of chess.. still not as good as proper football though
Or rugby, which it is more like.