good to see these fans locked up

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013 ... ong-jailed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
I'm not condoning what they did, but it doesn't seem any worse than hate preachers stood on the streets telling people they should blow up us infidels and praising the likes of Bin Laden for masterminding the deaths of thousands of innocent people, and yet the preachers aren't locked up as there is supposedly nothing the police can do against freedom of speech?

Is this double standards?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I'd lock them up as well.

The crime incitement of racial/religious hatred/violence exists - it's the implementation of the law which is poorly executed.

My post was merely to praise an example of where it has been applied.

Main reason is because I believe that religion holds too much sway over policy and the law, so you can do something illegal but can wriggle out of it because it's your "religious right", which makes a mockery of our justice system.
Shade
I wasn't criticising your post, and abhorrent behaviour like that should be punishable by jail. I was just wondering what was so different that they end up in jail but the hate preachers don't, other than it wasn't to do with "religion", as you say.
asl
But they're the guys who go to every match and lead the singing and ensure there's a great atmosphere, some on here will doubtlessly claim.