Spartak Nazis

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... n-football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mattyboi
This sort of behavior ended with British clubs being banned from Europe, about time fifa took action, not just partial stadium closures. With all the racism coming out of the country should they lose the right to host the 2022 world cup?
Ralph
mattyboi wrote:
This sort of behavior ended with British clubs being banned from Europe, about time fifa took action, not just partial stadium closures. With all the racism coming out of the country should they lose the right to host the 2022 world cup?
Its 2018

you could say the same about Brazil and all the gang violence and the fact that football fans will be mugged, attacked and possibly shot or stabbed next year. I'd say its 50/50 as to whether a fan gets killed there. But the event has to happen .. you can't give into these factions

Take the winter Olympics in Sochi (sp) and what happened to that Russian guy that came on our forum, he was from there.. see how close to Chechnya it is,, You just know that those militants there will try and cause a spectacular
baggy89
mattyboi wrote:
Not really, though. Violence resulting in seventy odd arrests is not the same as violence resulting in 39 dead.

As for the WC, I'll bet it goes off without incident, as usual. English media always whip up an anti foreigner agenda. Wasn't everyone going to be gang raped and robbed before France '98 due to the he socio-economic situation in the part of Paris where the final was to be played. The stories about Brazil although increasing in regularity will only be ramped up in the next few months.
Si Robin
Everyone was going to be mugged and shot in South Africa in 2010 as well I do believe.
Shade
Si Robin wrote:Everyone was going to be mugged and shot in South Africa in 2010 as well I do believe.
It ended up just being the poor locals that got mugged by FIFA
Robin
Exactly you also need to consider the media agenda here!
leohoenig
Ralph wrote: Take the winter Olympics in Sochi (sp) and what happened to that Russian guy that came on our forum, he was from there.. see how close to Chechnya it is,, You just know that those militants there will try and cause a spectacular
Sochi is close to Chechnya in the same way as Cheltenham is close to Frankfurt.
Actually, motorways (and the lack of a mountain range) mean the travel time to Frankfurt is less, although the distance is more

Did anything happen to our Sochi poster, other than stopping posting?
asl
leohoenig wrote:Did anything happen to our Sochi poster, other than stopping posting?
I think we lost him when we changed host, a few years back.