For anyone who travels to matches....

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

away day travel
Hello, fellow football fans!

I am here as part of my research into a new project, looking at ways to help supporters reduce the cost off attending modern day football.

Would you mind taking a moment to complete the attached simple survey.

We are looking at potential ways to help football supporters reduce theirs costs of attending football matches and your responces would give us valuable feeback on what is important to fans who do travel to games, home and away, however often.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/R96C736" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Many thanks.
Neil
The Mighty Tigers broke new ground as far as making travelling away cheaper earlier this season, if you've got anything about you you'll know what we did.
Judge_Dreddful
Neil wrote:The Mighty Tigers broke new ground as far as making travelling away cheaper earlier this season, if you've got anything about you you'll know what we did.

You bought a tandem so all your fans can travel together...?
Malabus
Neil wrote:The Mighty Tigers broke new ground as far as making travelling away cheaper earlier this season, if you've got anything about you you'll know what we did.
The same "mighty tiggers" languishing 2nd from bottom in the noddy league.
chris25
if your a fan of a league 2 side don't be expecting a cheap day out at whaddon road, to watch a game of so called football, and get yourself a nice rubber burger with stale bun's and a cold drink, your looking at close to £30, you can even get yourself a half time bottle of beer for close to £4. if you can really push the boat out and buy yourself a programme before you know it your £40 less off!
Neil
Judge_Dreddful wrote:

Whilst I don't have time for football fans who wank themselves into a frenzy over crowds, remember, you can only take yourself to the game unless you're daft enough to pay for someone else, your effort at lame humour was close to the correct answer.

I doubt the OP will be back to check these threads but, like I said, what we did was a perfect and feasable way of reducing travel costs.
Malabus
Neil wrote:Whilst I don't have time for football fans who wank themselves into a frenzy over crowds
That very fortunate then..as you get 150 fans.
Neil
Yep, and Cheltenham get you.
taxidave
Bloody hell neil you only got 420 last night when they could get in free of charge, I hate to think how many it would have been if you had charged your usual £12.00. :!:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:
Judge_Dreddful wrote:

Whilst I don't have time for football fans who wank themselves into a frenzy over crowds, remember, you can only take yourself to the game unless you're daft enough to pay for someone else, your effort at lame humour was close to the correct answer.

I doubt the OP will be back to check these threads but, like I said, what we did was a perfect and feasable way of reducing travel costs.
What was it? Unfortunately those of us who live outside of the Citizen distribution area don't get to here about such low-key stories.

If it was so special what you did then you'd publicise it here - if not I can only assume it was pathetic.
ctfc-fan
taxidave wrote:Bloody hell neil you only got 420 last night when they could get in free of charge, I hate to think how many it would have been if you had charged your usual £12.00. :!:
But Dave, that shows us something both clubs need to look at.

If ticket prices are reduced, would it actually make any difference to the attendance or are you just losing money?

Same as if they went up slightly, how many people does that actually deter from going?
Judge_Dreddful
Neil wrote:
Judge_Dreddful wrote:

So, not a tandem then. One of those 3 seater bikes that the Goodies used to use perhaps?
leohoenig
Looked at the survey - refused to send them my e-mail address.
Neil
Judge_Dreddful wrote:So, not a tandem then. One of those 3 seater bikes that the Goodies used to use perhaps?
Another who types with one hand while flogging his horace looking at attendance columns with the other.

What we did was brilliant, yet ludicrous at the same time yet provided away travel at an affordable price for everyone involved.
taxidave
I will let you all into neil's little secret, they shared a minibus to an away game in Kent with FGR. What neil fails to understand is that we are quite capable of filling a 73 seater bus on our own and do not need to beg assistance from any other club.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
taxidave wrote:I will let you all into neil's little secret, they shared a minibus to an away game in Kent with FGR. What neil fails to understand is that we are quite capable of filling a 73 seater bus on our own and do not need to beg assistance from any other club.
Thanks for clarifying what Neil was alluding to Dave - seems odd he expected people to be impressed by a good idea but refused to say what it was.
Coops
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
taxidave wrote:I will let you all into neil's little secret, they shared a minibus to an away game in Kent with FGR. What neil fails to understand is that we are quite capable of filling a 73 seater bus on our own and do not need to beg assistance from any other club.
Thanks for clarifying what Neil was alluding to Dave - seems odd he expected people to be impressed by a good idea but refused to say what it was.
But it wasn't our business ;) RCS
taxidave
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: Thanks for clarifying what Neil was alluding to Dave - seems odd he expected people to be impressed by a good idea but refused to say what it was.
Actually I think that after posting his original message he realised how embarrassing it was that neither his club or more so FGR could not fill a coach with their own fans for an important cup tie so he refrained from giving any more details.
Neil
Always got to have a dig don't you.

It was a coach, a deal done with KB Coaches.

It was mutually beneficial. Neither would have run a coach had it not happened.
taxidave
Neil wrote:
Always got to have a dig don't you.

It was a coach, a deal done with KB Coaches.

Wow my apologies neil, so it was a coach not a minibus, but even then did you two big clubs manage to fill it ?
So neither club could raise enough enthusiasm amongst their fans to fill a coach on their own, doesn't say much for either set of fans does it.
Malabus
Neil wrote:It was a coach, a deal done with KB Coaches.

I heard the coach still wasn't fully filled.
hand_shandy
"What we did was brilliant, yet ludicrous at the same time yet provided away travel at an affordable price for everyone involved".

The saddest thing is that, in Gloucester, that really does qualify as brilliant - although they did have to pool all their braincells to come up with the idea.
taxidave
Malabus wrote:

And KB say it still hasn't been paid for. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
taxidave wrote:
Malabus wrote:

And KB say it still hasn't been paid for. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D :mrgreen:
Neil
taxidave wrote:Wow my apologies neil, so it was a coach not a minibus, but even then did you two big clubs manage to fill it ?
So neither club could raise enough enthusiasm amongst their fans to fill a coach on their own, doesn't say much for either set of fans does it.
I imagine it was the same kind of situation that happened when Cheltenham Town were trying to arrange away travel to Bashley in the early 90's.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:
taxidave wrote:Wow my apologies neil, so it was a coach not a minibus, but even then did you two big clubs manage to fill it ?
I imagine it was the same kind of situation that happened when Cheltenham Town were trying to arrange away travel to Bashley in the early 90's.
Thanks for the reminder of how far we have come and the success we have had. A few promotions and two new stands - must be nice for you to see such a success story which won't ever be repeated by any of the park sides in the county?
Neil
It's a reminder how none of you wanted to know when Cheltenham were shitter than they are now :)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:It's a reminder how none of you wanted to know when Cheltenham were shitter than they are now :)
And we're meant to care about that because?

Try moving your focus from history the and looking at the present and future and you might realise your club needs to do something pronto to stop it being anything but history.