I am fuming. Groundshare news

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
So must be GJ...squatters here again next season.
Ralph
http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Ch ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even more tight conditions? Not sure what they could be. Pretty poor decision though
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Three things of note from this shameful announcement:

1. Mr Baker says the increased rent will allow us to invest in the pitch. By definition this an admission that the previous rent being charged was not sufficient to cover the pitch costs - something which has been questioned by fans time and time again.

2. Saying if we were in the football league we wouldn't sign the deal and that the financial risk is too great is a sorry excuse; it is clear to everyone we will be football league next season so essentially the Chairman is saying he doesn't have 100% confidence in the team to secure promotion.

3. We are soon to start negotiating contracts for next season to take this group of players into L2 with us. The continued ground share is scant reward for the manager and players who have performed marvellously this season - we couldn't complain if they any decided to walk away.
Alf
Fortunately Mr. Baker knows that you cannot take anything for granted in football and he would be very foolish, at this stage of the season, to make a statement such as " it is clear to everyone that we will be in the football league next season".
You can make such statements because you don't have to be held responsible.
I'm not saying we won't, I am saying that it cannot be taken for granted.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alf wrote:Fortunately Mr. Baker knows that you cannot take anything for granted in football and he would be very foolish, at this stage of the season, to make a statement such as " it is clear to everyone that we will be in the football league next season".
He didn't need to say anything about the football league is the point - he could have said no to Gloucester without bringing league position or status into it.

This is why I said it is a sorry excuse.
Alf
Surely he is entitled to fully explain the reasons behind his decisions?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alf wrote:Surely he is entitled to fully explain the reasons behind his decisions?
I wish he would - we have been asking for a bit more detail on the profit made from the ground share but no information is ever forthcoming apart from when he offers them another year.
Shade
FFS...

...another year of moaning.
Malabus
Now we know the filth are on it again I will not renewing my ST. Clearly the messages of concern from GJ and from the fans have fallen on deaf ears in the boardroom.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk
Ralph
Shade wrote:FFS...

...another year of moaning.
Yep..

Thing is the moaners don't do anything about it. Just a couple of WUM's
Artemis
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Alf wrote:Fortunately Mr. Baker knows that you cannot take anything for granted in football and he would be very foolish, at this stage of the season, to make a statement such as " it is clear to everyone that we will be in the football league next season".
He didn't need to say anything about the football league is the point - he could have said no to Gloucester without bringing league position or status into it.

This is why I said it is a sorry excuse.
But its important - no Football League, then we need the money. We don't know the outcome of this season, so can't turn down the cash - simple, really.
Reliant Robin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: ... of note from this shameful announcement:

1. Mr Baker says the increased rent will allow us to invest in the pitch. By definition this an admission that the previous rent being charged was not sufficient to cover the pitch costs - something which has been questioned by fans time and time again....
It may not be the case that there was insufficient money to cover the pitch costs, it could for example be the case that CTFC decided to use the money from GCFC in other ways. The rent money is just another source of revenue to the club and how it is used is part of the balancing act required to run it.

If we had an artificial pitch none of this would be an issue.
London Exile
Did anyone really actually believe the groundshare wouldn't be renewed?
I think the agreement runs for as long as Gloucester need it
Oldun
Think it's a wise decision as it will bring a stream of money in that we may desperately need. To me it's a pragmatic shrewd business decision and as I see it the Board have little option than to take the offer of the money. Maybe it is also worth adding that we are top of the league so all the moaning and groaning doesn't seem to be having too much of a detrimental effect on this season.
Obviously if we had to manage without the money then we would. As it is we continue to milk the cash cow that is Gloucester City. Thank you Tigers!
everyman
London Exile wrote:Did anyone really actually believe the groundshare wouldn't be renewed?
I think the agreement runs for as long as Gloucester need it
We all knew the club would continue with agreement and will never relinqiush the chance to save their own money,as long as glos.wish to rent our football league facility for a pittance,.Here for many more seasons despite the pr.coming from Whaddon rd.
everyman
Ralph wrote:http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Ch ... story.html

Even more tight conditions? Not sure what they could be. Pretty poor decision though
Tail wagging dog !
Oldun
For the life of me I cannot see what all the endless fuss and belly aching is about! We are in ground share now and we are top of league! It has not affected us one jot! (Unless we would have beaten Tranmere had we not been in a ground share. It is sound business sense to use our assets to make money. It's income we need and it has been useful cash this season, presumably helping us to afford the playing and management staff that we have. So, it is muddy, wet, churned up! That happens at football grounds! Get over it and admin can we please relegate this thread to a completely new and single subject area where hopefully we never have to see or hear anymore about it!
Ralph
Oldun wrote:For the life of me I cannot see what all the endless fuss and belly aching is about! We are in ground share now and we are top of league! It has not affected us one jot! (Unless we would have beaten Tranmere had we not been in a ground share. It is sound business sense to use our assets to make money. It's income we need and it has been useful cash this season, presumably helping us to afford the playing and management staff that we have. So, it is muddy, wet, churned up! That happens at football grounds! Get over it and admin can we please relegate this thread to a completely new and single subject area where hopefully we never have to see or hear anymore about it!
Yes!
Sprout Picker
This was a nailed on certainty the moment the article was published the other week with PB.

I can see why the club have done it - we were never going to have won the division by March so henceforth by default there was no guarantee of being in the Football League again to cover the monies lost elsewhere.

But I cannot help but feel disappointed. We've got the best manager we've had for years and a talented side who would relish the playing surface SC fought for and JW/KD were rightly proud of.

We're top of the league because our manager and players are so good they've managed to adapt to this shambles of a pitch - what would we be like if we were able to play the one-touch quick passing we're capable of? More chances? More goals? More entertainment? Bigger crowds? More subsequent revenue for GJ to expertly invest for the future?

A poor decision, our manager and players deserve better.
little mo
Sprout Picker wrote:This was a nailed on certainty the moment the article was published the other week with PB.

I can see why the club have done it - we were never going to have won the division by March so henceforth by default there was no guarantee of being in the Football League again to cover the monies lost elsewhere.

But I cannot help but feel disappointed. We've got the best manager we've had for years and a talented side who would relish the playing surface SC fought for and JW/KD were rightly proud of.

We're top of the league because our manager and players are so good they've managed to adapt to this shambles of a pitch - what would we be like if we were able to play the one-touch quick passing we're capable of? More chances? More goals? More entertainment? Bigger crowds? More subsequent revenue for GJ to expertly invest for the future?

A poor decision, our manager and players deserve better.
Great post.
confused.com
What's the point of arguing when views of fans, manager and players are ignored. Would like to make a couple of points 1) how can anyone on here argue it is a good decision when they have totally no idea what the nett income is? 2) how on earth do mods have the b@lls to bury this in other footy. If this is not about ctfc then what is. So get over your self importance. Just received a message from capernicus and the sun doesn't revolve around you. Not a chance of me purchasing another st when we only get a few months of entertaining football. We may have won on Saturday but it wasn't long before passing was a distant mrmory
little mo
confused.com wrote:What's the point of arguing when views of fans, manager and players are ignored. Would like to make a couple of points 1) how can anyone on here argue it is a good decision when they have totally no idea what the nett income is? 2) how on earth do mods have the b@lls to bury this in other footy. If this is not about ctfc then what is. So get over your self importance. Just received a message from capernicus and the sun doesn't revolve around you. Not a chance of me purchasing another st when we only get a few months of entertaining football. We may have won on Saturday but it wasn't long before passing was a distant mrmory
Great post. No season ticket for me either whilst those ungrateful turds run around our pitch f#!$ it up.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:For anyone who is not happy I totally agree with your sentiments. I would like to support your decision to not get a season ticket. I suggest if you want to follow another football team for the year you follow...oh, hang on a minute....Gloucester City seem to be the most local.

But seriously, Mal and RCS you are making monkeys of yourselves. I can see you've invested a fair bit of time and effort in trying to create a "movement" but it has not worked. RCS, you should know better, whilst Mal is always slightly "off-piste" on here you should not let yourself get associated with him as you know more than that. Your opinion is your opinion but by keep going on and on and on you are putting yourself in the "nutjob" boat.

I would respectfully suggest to the admin of this board that if your effort to limit their mindless nonsense to certain pages and threads is not successful you simply ban them. It has happened before on here with posters such as Koz where their level of persistence, consistence and commenting on EVERY thread the same old nonsense has got out of control. Normal supporters will be driven away if this level of posting continues. We cannot post anything without it getting taken over by these two. They obviously hate the admin on here so I am sure a bit of cold turkey will do them the world of good
It would - in fact I have asked the mods to ban if they want in the past, but as per my post in the main section I shall attempt to self-regulate!
art vandalay
The quality of football has been affected from December onwards during each year of the groundshare, and I'd argue that a previously excellent pitch has been getting worse each season. This may not seem relevant to regulars who are only concerned with how many points we get, but part-timers and new fans are going to struggle to justify their £20 on a relatively poor product. It's a short-sighted decision by the board, but then they seem to know of little else, and I'd be amazed if I'm the only person who's changed their attendance at WR with this being a factor.
Ralph
We are top of the league. How is that a poor product?
Malabus
A valid point Art. I'm thinking myself about my options as a season ticket holder for decades.
Si Robin
You think every year. Your worse than the boy who cried wolf.
Ralph
Si Robin wrote:You think every year. Your worse than the boy who cried wolf.
I was typing that pretty much word for word :lol:

No one cares Mal...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:We are top of the league. How is that a poor product?
Quality of the football and quality of the results are not necessarily the same thing.

Art may be over the moon we are top of the league and delighted to be heading to the title whilst equally not wanting to pay £20 to watch a game on a pitch which cuts up, bobbles and encourages hoof ball and sees players slipping over and stumbling.
Malabus
You're getting worse licking Gloucester arse.

Ralph
Malabus wrote:
You're getting worse licking Gloucester arse.

Truth hurts Mal.. You feeling a bit sore? :lol:
Coops
He is the boy who cried "Wolves" ;-)
art vandalay
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ralph wrote:We are top of the league. How is that a poor product?
Quality of the football and quality of the results are not necessarily the same thing.

Art may be over the moon we are top of the league and delighted to be heading to the title whilst equally not wanting to pay £20 to watch a game on a pitch which cuts up, bobbles and encourages hoof ball and sees players slipping over and stumbling.
Exactly, it's great to see us win but I just don't feel like I'm watching good football. In my case, the damage re pitch affecting the quality of football was done over the previous 3 years, together with me simply losing respect for the players who represented us due to the ridiculous number of loans and non-triers and my spectating habits have now changed as a result.