Email from the trust

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

andgarod
To the moderators ( in particular Ralph)

Are we allowed to discuss on this forum the trust email about the pitch or is that going to get moved to other football
Horteng
We're sharing again. Get over it
Malabus
Ralph has become ridiculous over this important situation regarding the ground share. It concerns people greatly and should be discussed in the CTFC section. He's someone that don't see the pitch as much as we do and should stay out of discussions, or remove/edit posts.
andgarod
For those who have not seen /received the email from our trust director. he explains his thoughts behind it and why he did what he did Here is the link http://robinstrust.org/trustwp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
as they say discuss
Ralph
I'm just following the rules of the forum. Look where its says what the sections are. "Other footy talk about the groundshare" And just so you know, it's admin that put that, not us mods. 1 thread becomes 2 becomes 4 becomes... but i did leave you a link in the main section until it drops to the bottom and updated the sticky :)
Ralph
Good notes from Clive. Realistic thoughts and the only thing that could happen given our push for promotion
little mo
Horteng wrote:We're sharing again. Get over it
Outrageous comment. This matter affects the club a lot, both on and off the pitch. It should therefore be discussed.
Ralph
it has been, by the board that look after the club. There is nothing fans can do
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
There is nothing fans can do about squad selection, match incidents, performances, referees or injuries. So I assume any discussion of these topics is also banned in the main section?
asl
I'm in two minds about this. I can see why the decision has been taken by the board but when I read the email last night, I found myself maybe a little disappointed that the Fan's Representative toe'd the line on this one - however, I respect the decision taken because Clive and the board are privy to financial information that the rest of us simply are not.

After thinking about it overnight, it occurred to me that the decision taken last week will not affect our attempt to get promoted this season. It may or may not affect our performances next season; however, the state of the pitch was not a factor - let alone a major factor - in our relegation last season (that was entirely down to sh1te playing personnel and some embarrassing managerial decisions, first retaining Yatesy then appointing Buckle) and I find it difficult to imagine that it could be such a factor next season, as a result. Reluctantly, if the unknown financial aspects dictate so, I would have to agree that we need to take the money on offer - I just hope the promise of greater investment towards the pitch is followed through.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
True asl. On reflection the jury is out until we see if the additional rent and investment in the pitch matetialises. If in a year Clive is still just as embarrassed by the pitch then it will prove to be the wrong decision.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:True asl. On reflection the jury is out until we see if the additional rent and investment in the pitch matetialises. If in a year Clive is still just as embarrassed by the pitch then it will prove to be the wrong decision.
Not if the money they have paid is keeping us afloat.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:True asl. On reflection the jury is out until we see if the additional rent and investment in the pitch matetialises. If in a year Clive is still just as embarrassed by the pitch then it will prove to be the wrong decision.
My opinion is Shade that from next season onwards there should not be any additional pitch wear or damage than would normally be seen with 23 league games plus cups and the usual British weather. I hope that the following very simple sum has been made:

(1) What is the minimum quality of pitch we want in a normal?

(2) How much extra does it cost to have (1) with the additional Gloucester games on?

(3) GCFC rent must be >(2).
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:
My opinion is Shade that from next season onwards there should not be any additional pitch wear or damage than would normally be seen with 23 league games plus cups and the usual British weather. I hope that the following very simple sum has been made:

(1) What is the minimum quality of pitch we want in a normal?

(2) How much extra does it cost to have (1) with the additional Gloucester games on?

(3) GCFC rent must be >(2).
I don't think Paul Baker needs to be taking business lessons from you RCS...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not giving lessons, just saying what I hope has been considered. From the recent statement about higher rent and pitch investment it sounds like it has.

I will add however not to make assumptions about other posters' lives. You, like I know very little about what posters do in the real world. You don't know what my job is or how old I am anymore than I do you.

And some (not necessarily I) may argue that a good business person would not go anywhere near a football club which lost money in recent years!
Horteng
little mo wrote:
Horteng wrote:We're sharing again. Get over it
Outrageous comment. This matter affects the club a lot, both on and off the pitch. It should therefore be discussed.
Watch FL72 on sky. There's far worst pitched out there in the league....... And clubs that don't ground share.

Don't get me wrong I hate seeing the pitch in a s#!t state but it's the chairmans decision at the end of the day
Ralph
anyone seen Wigans pitch? Makes ours look like a bowling green
London Exile
I think today's financial result posting gives us a big reason as to why the groundshare has been extended.

Whilst having a pristine pitch is great, having the funds to put players out there is also important and so far GJ hasn't done a bad job and the players have coped with the surface.