Groundshare news

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/14 ... _Harriers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
If I was a Kiddy fan then I'd be pouring myself a large cognac tonight.
Shade
Malabus wrote:If I was a Kiddy fan then I'd be pouring myself a large cognac tonight.
Due to the despair of being relegated to National League North and losing another £20/30/40 grand?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
'Pay double or go' - simple message given by Kiddy which we have not been able to say ourselves.

Redditch, Evesham and Hereford would all be sensible options though I don't know if those grounds are up to Conference south feeder level?
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:'Pay double or go' - simple message given by Kiddy which we have not been able to say ourselves.
Worcester have called their bluff. As Shade says, be interesting to see what happens next...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:'Pay double or go' - simple message given by Kiddy which we have not been able to say ourselves.
Worcester have called their bluff. As Shade says, be interesting to see what happens next...
Kiddy regroup and get promoted next season and Worcester's ridiculous spending on players like Lee Hughes and Deon Burton will see them go into administration with no ground of their own.

Kiddy wouldn't have offered the deal as a bluff - they obviously worked out what rent they required to make the share worthwhile and that was too much for Worcester.
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Kiddy wouldn't have offered the deal as a bluff - they obviously worked out what rent they required to make the share worthwhile
And you believe we don't???????
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Kiddy wouldn't have offered the deal as a bluff - they obviously worked out what rent they required to make the share worthwhile
And you believe we don't???????

Yes.
London Exile
I think Worcester could well go to the wall in time. Only about £500k left from sale of ground and it's going to cost 5/6 times that to get a new ground.
As RCS says, spending big money on the players they have isn't the best approach IMO
Fuller
Until 1985 Worcester City were a bigger and better club than us, we swapped places with them in the SL/Gola League that year, they appear to have been struggling to reach that level again ever since, I don't think they have been promoted or relegated since that era, the ground sale and relocation has been going on for many years, shame really as it was a good local derby with some memorable games. Last time we played them would have been 1996/97 season when we were promoted under Cotts ?

I do hope they can get sorted with a new ground, similar size population to us and always been relatively well supported.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fuller wrote:Until 1985 Worcester City were a bigger and better club than us, we swapped places with them in the SL/Gola League that year, they appear to have been struggling to reach that level again ever since, I don't think they have been promoted or relegated since that era, the ground sale and relocation has been going on for many years, shame really as it was a good local derby with some memorable games. Last time we played them would have been 1996/97 season when we were promoted under Cotts ?

I do hope they can get sorted with a new ground, similar size population to us and always been relatively well supported.
Was there not a stabbing on WR once when we played Worcester?
Fuller
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Fuller wrote:Until 1985 Worcester City were a bigger and better club than us, we swapped places with them in the SL/Gola League that year, they appear to have been struggling to reach that level again ever since, I don't think they have been promoted or relegated since that era, the ground sale and relocation has been going on for many years, shame really as it was a good local derby with some memorable games. Last time we played them would have been 1996/97 season when we were promoted under Cotts ?

Was there not a stabbing on WR once when we played Worcester?
Indeed there was, February 1977. All kicked off in the PRE, happened about 20 feet away from me.
Worcester went the whole season unbeaten until the very last game when they lost. We were runners up to them, current Director John Murphy was in that team, along with record goalscorer Dave Lewis. Dennis Allen, Martin's Dad was the Manager, great fun those times, still see lots of faces from those days at Whaddon Road.
Daveangel

Redditch, Evesham and Hereford would all be sensible options though I don't know if those grounds are up to Conference south feeder level?
I don't know where to start with that posts inaccuracies, so I won't bother. :?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Daveangel wrote:

I don't know where to start with that posts inaccuracies, so I won't bother. :?
I was talking about Worcester, not Gloucester.
Daveangel
Yes, I know.

Kiddy didn't say pay double or go. They found a tenant on similar terms with less games so offered WC a silly deal.

Hereford play at Edgar street, which would obviously satisfy Conference South grading, and more importantly North, where they play.

As do Bromsgrove, where Worcester are heading.

Apart from that, finger on the button.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Daveangel wrote:Yes, I know.

Kiddy didn't say pay double or go. They found a tenant on similar terms with less games so offered WC a silly deal.

Hereford play at Edgar street, which would obviously satisfy Conference South grading, and more importantly North, where they play.

As do Bromsgrove, where Worcester are heading.

Apart from that, finger on the button.
Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't sure how much of Edgar Street was allowed to be open these days etc. Wish them well at Bromsgrove.

As for mixing up North and South - an error and wishful thinking by me, much rather see Gloucester and Worcester in the South than North.

Don't know which you would prefer?
Daveangel
North every time. Have got used to the M5/6 rather than the M4 and M25.

We've even got used to chips and gravy.

Personally I draw the line at pre-chewed peas.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Daveangel wrote:North every time. Have got used to the M5/6 rather than the M4 and M25.

We've even got used to chips and gravy.

Personally I draw the line at pre-chewed peas.
Fair enough. Interesting to hear.

I will endeavour to ensure no-one in Blyth nibbles on peas in the run up to your match there next season.