Have I Got News For You

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
If you've not seen Friday's episode, hunt it out. Why in Other Footy, you ask? Well, because they showed the clip of the Leicester City players going absolutely mental in Jamie Vardy's kitchen after Chelsea equalised to give them the title. By way of contrast, they then showed the same scene in Lee Chapman's living room as Leeds secured the 1992 old-Division 1 title. Oh, my days...hysterical. Chappers, Cantona and Batty all sat on the couch with a glass of champers toasting their monumental victory.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Shade
I haven't seen HIGNFY, but I remember that exact clip on the TV in 1992 (as I was a Leeds fan from ages 6-17...then I started working and could afford to buy CTFC tickets!) and it actually came to mind when I saw the Leicester celebrations.

To be fair, it was the years before the megabucks Premier League and Man Utd and the other billionaire clubs monopolising the title, so it wasn't such a huge achivement back then, imo. Pretty sure they had a quick telephone chat with Howard Wilkinson as well. My, how times have changed.