DULWICH HAMLET NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

DHFC1893
I am a fan of Dulwich Hamlet Football Club. Our owners have submitted a planning application to build housing on our current ground, relocating us next door onto the area known as Greendale. Please read through all of this message, we really do need your help.
I believe this is the only way to safeguard the future of DHFC, as the current ground will cost almost £600,000 to make it fit for purpose at the level we play at, never mind moving up the non-league pyramid. If this does not go through I believe it will be the start of a slow death for Dulwich Hamlet, as we stagnate & decline.
The proposed ground, right next door to our current one will safeguard our future: The Club will be handed over to supporter-ownership, debt-free, in a purpose-built modern community stadium that has an all-weather 3G pitch. It will be built up to National League National standards, two divisions above where we currently play, with a larger capacity of 4,000. Please can you take a few moments to click on the link below, and state that you support our development, and why a non-league club is so important to its community.
Thank you all…and please encourage your friends to sign too…at:

http://planbuild.southwark.gov.uk:8190/ ... PR_9565663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please don't take it personally that we knocked you out the trophy in the 90's ;-)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Whilst a shame of course and I wish you luck a cynical devil's advocate say it is a bit cheeky that a club who have carved out a fashionable niche and feature in Guardian articles and the hipster football press and thus get crowds with a tens or even hundreds of multiples of other teams in their leagues asks for financial assistance when most of their fellow clubs at that level are in much a more dire state.