FGR new stadium designs

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
http://socsi.in/rX6RY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are a couple that wouldn't look out of place in the Hobbit or Teletubbies :lol:
Shade
A couple look like they're on Tatooine! And the first one looks like it will hold about 60,000...
Malabus
Let's not jealously cloud our opinions.
Some of the designs are delightful to the eye.
Shade
Who's jealous. I'd much rather a proper ground like WR any day of the week. I've always been in the camp of not leaving WR.
London Exile
Dartford's is nice and original, why not just a larger and slightly different version of that?
All these complicated designs are going to cost a lot and whilst DV may have the money, for 1,800 is it really worth it?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If the stadium is being built on Gloucestershire countryside - God's own country - then every effort should be made to conceal the stadium and make it blend into the environment. Brighton's new stadium is the same. It is sunk into the ground with lots of green landscaping so when you are in the South Downs the impact of a stadium is minimised.
Ralph
London Exile wrote:Dartford's is nice and original, why not just a larger and slightly different version of that?
All these complicated designs are going to cost a lot and whilst DV may have the money, for 1,800 is it really worth it?
why doesn't he bolt on another service area like the one on the M5 at Gloucester. Nice place that, well hidden. He might get a few more on top of the 1800 on a Saturday then lol
Ralph
Well :lol: one of the people submitting designs to FGR is Glen Howells, the architect for Gloucester services.

On further inspection, have you seen how few car spaces there are? They want people to get to a new stadium off the M5 but where are all the parking spaces? On his Eco park maybe
Chris FGR
Ralph wrote: On further inspection, have you seen how few car spaces there are? They want people to get to a new stadium off the M5 but where are all the parking spaces? On his Eco park maybe
The modified site plan has a slightly bigger car park, plus a "public transport hub".

When they were doing the presentation of the site plan, displaying the scale model etc I asked the lady doing the q and a where the parking would be and she said the business park would be used, although there would probably not be a footbridge so fans would have to cross what will apparently be a dual carriageway by that point.

The Glen Howells plan looks by far the most realistic of those listed. Can see that being chosen.

Would much rather we stay at TNL though, it is clearly fit for purpose and it's where we're from.
asl
Are those houses right next to the motorway...? Mmm...lovely...
Ralph
People will not go using public transport and I don't think they will be too excited about park and ride either. He can only try to inflict his beliefs on so many people, so much of the time before they turn against him
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Are those houses right next to the motorway...? Mmm...lovely...
The business park I believe.