Big Sam

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. What he manages to achieve with misfiring, under-performing teams with virtually no money is quite remarkable. When you look at it like that, maybe he's a good fit for the job.

I just cannot bring myself to be excited about it. All we have to look forward to is turgid hoof-ball. We're as likely to be grounding out 1-0 wins against Albania as we are against Germany. Zzzz.....
Malabus
Excellent appointment. Very happy.
Shade
Well, there's no point in having managers that like to try and play the game in the right way if we end up not playing it in the right way and losing. We might as well be a boring long ball team and have a chance of winning. The thing I'm interested in seeing is how he deals with the type of players he will never have managed before, ie, English ones that are at clubs he would never have a hope in hell of managing.

At the very least he shouldn't be playing players in stupid positions or formations that don't suit his squad like his predecessor. Be interesting to see his first squad, mind. He certainly won't put up with anymore of the c!#p we saw this summer and would have a Plan B/big lump striker to hit the ball into if we can't pass our way through.

Carroll and Defoe up front in September, with Noble in midfield...