FGR LOL

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
14 new players was it? :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
LOL indeed. Until they get players who are there to work as a team rather than pick up a big salary they are not going anywhere.
ctfc-fan
No big shakes really....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:No big shakes really....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where is the Old Tom Cat?
little mo
In Cooper they trust. :roll: :roll:
Ralph
can't believe what a bunch of cry babies some of them are on the FG forum. Someone said Cooper will be gone by Mid Oct lol
Shade
After 9 wins at the start of last season and them failing to win the title, it's nice to see they're trying a different approach.
asl
Shade wrote:After 9 wins at the start of last season and them failing to win the title, it's nice to see they're trying a different approach.
Worked for us.
Robin
I still fancy them to win that league this season.
Shade
asl wrote:
Shade wrote:After 9 wins at the start of last season and them failing to win the title, it's nice to see they're trying a different approach.
Worked for us.
Didn't lose 'til September though. We were all about the draws at the start of the season. FGR already playing catch up..
Ralph
Robin wrote:I still fancy them to win that league this season.
no chance. Daggers or Tranmere. They'll make playoffs... Again
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
More chance of Tubbs going on a diet than FGR winning the league.

This is why I like Jennings. By leaving them to join us he showed desire to be part of an organised successful team where all players are determined to battle.

Whereas the quality players who are happy to jog around non-league for a big pay packet just don't have the required hunger. This is why they will not win the division.
little mo
They should be close again Robin, but Lincoln for me.
little mo
After getting a point tonight they have moved away from the relegation zone on goal difference. :D :D
Ralph
They have Gateshead on Sat at home but who are unbeaten. If Gateshead win, that might make it interesting for the next few weeks lol
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
F*ck Forest Green.
Shade
Cooper cracking under the 'big-money' pressure already? :lol:
http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/fo ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also an oddly defensive piece from Rob Iles.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Bumper production at the FGR bottle factory!
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 10 Aug 2016, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.
Malabus
Lincoln look pretty strong.
Shade
Lincoln are rheaping the rhewards of not playing the champions in their first game of the season, immediately damaging their momentum. They'll tail off as they usually do when Rhead goes through a lean spell in front of goal.
Ralph
Shade wrote:Cooper cracking under the 'big-money' pressure already? :lol:
http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/fo ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also an oddly defensive piece from Rob Iles.
:lol: looks like he is wobbling and only the 2nd game of the season. There is no need to attack a journo like that at the start of the season. Compare how he talks to our Gary in interviews, major differences. Glad we have Gary.

I really do think that FGR are going to be having some big issues this season. Should be fun to watch
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Mark Cooper? More like Tommy Cooper.
little mo
Shade wrote:Lincoln are rheaping the rhewards of not playing the champions in their first game of the season, immediately damaging their momentum. They'll tail off as they usually do when Rhead goes through a lean spell in front of goal.
Not so sure they will this season. They have made some good signings ,especially getting the Crowley brothers as their management team. Then when they signed Nathan Arnold last week from Grimsby, that has really strengthened them.
Chris FGR
Not ideal for our manager to be falling out with the local press.... after 2 games. Some of our fans booed at the end, which was also wrong I thought. Not sure who people think we are.

I miss the old days, when we used to feel like a proper united club. Struggling to recognise it these days.

We do have lots of skilful players now, but these French lads in particular are very lightweight. Doesn't feel like a title challenging season at the moment, things aren't feeling quite right so far. Long way to go, but confidence is fading slightly.

I must add I do like Coops, he was a great player for us and is a good manager (I think). Hope the pressure isn't starting to tell already though, as he's the best manager we've had in years so theoretically we should do well if we can hold things together this time.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good manager, but he has a tough job turning players who will be out-battled by opponents who care more into Champions.

Mr Vince should change the wage structure. Rather than handing out fat contracts to fat ex-pros, it might be more successful if players are given moderate (by Conference standards) weekly sums but with very large win and promotion bonuses.

Then those players who want to work and succeed for their money will do so, and those who would rather jog around against pub sides will soon leave, to Eastleigh, Worcester, FC United, Salford or which other next non-league side is giving blank cheques out.

Only then will you have the squad capable of promotion.
Chris FGR
Makes sense. Difficult once you've got a reputation for paying out big money though, pushes up every players demands.

Vince's ego trip where he wanted to make a statement by making it obvious we were ambitious and splashing out on 3 year deals whilst Hockaday was here has done us no good at all in the time since. Players/agents are seeing us as a gravy train, and other teams are finding extra motivation thanks to our perceived arrogance and budget.

Statements like "We will win the League" by DV have been and will be picked up and used as motivation by other teams, he's piled the pressure on our new management and that could make things tough this year. Hockaday and Pennock cracked under the pressure and lost it, Cooper needs to make sure last night's rant was a one off or things are going to get difficult very quickly.
Ralph
Chris FGR wrote:Makes sense. Difficult once you've got a reputation for paying out big money though, pushes up every players demands.

Vince's ego trip where he wanted to make a statement by making it obvious we were ambitious and splashing out on 3 year deals whilst Hockaday was here has done us no good at all in the time since. Players/agents are seeing us as a gravy train, and other teams are finding extra motivation thanks to our perceived arrogance and budget.

Statements like "We will win the League" by DV have been and will be picked up and used as motivation by other teams, he's piled the pressure on our new management and that could make things tough this year. Hockaday and Pennock cracked under the pressure and lost it, Cooper needs to make sure last night's rant was a one off or things are going to get difficult very quickly.
Cooper may need the support of the press at some point. He won't get it after turning on that one guy just after 2 games. Like it or not, you everyones cup final.
everyman
Mark Cooper must be on a raw meat diet ?????
Malabus
Anyone thought it was quite distasteful the way Mark Cooper spoke to a young journalist in that manner. I know it was just after the game, but managers must be cool and professional.
Malabus
Players are like chess pieces : expensive pieces like the King but can't hardly move anywhere. Then you have the knight a piece you can sacrifice but a great attacking tool. FGR have a lot of King pieces.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
They a 'king laughing stock and 'king useless.
London Exile
Chris FGR wrote:Makes sense. Difficult once you've got a reputation for paying out big money though, pushes up every players demands.

Im hearing that Matt Tubbs is on £4k a week :o
everyman
London Exile wrote:

That`s how he can afford all those Pies !
Shade
He only went for the vegan Greggs trips.
Malabus
London Exile wrote:

4K ... Jeez