Allardyce: corruption from the top down

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
First of several investigative reports from the Telegraph revealing the rotten state of English Football and naming and shaming the crooks who I hope now have no future in the game, starting with Big Sam:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09 ... -for-sale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Red Duke
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:First of several investigative reports from the Telegraph revealing the rotten state of English Football and naming and shaming the crooks who I hope now have no future in the game, starting with Big Sam:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09 ... -for-sale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What's newsworthy about that? Football has always been corrupt. It just worse now with all the extra money and hangers on floating around the game.
asl
The funniest thing is that he's on tape referring to Woy as "Woy." It's okay for us fans to do that - but it's something the most high-profile of FA employees maybe ought to shy away from...
Shade
The only downside to this is that when Allardyce is sacked the FA will be even more inclined to employ 'good' boys that only say yes.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:The only downside to this is that when Allardyce is sacked the FA will be even more inclined to employ 'good' boys that only say yes.
At least they may want the job for footballing reasons, rather than for the chance to cream off £400k into their own pocket.

From FGR, to England, CTFC fight a lone battle for clean and fair football.
Ralph
Shade wrote:The only downside to this is that when Allardyce is sacked the FA will be even more inclined to employ 'good' boys that only say yes.
He's an idiot. He wanted that job for ages. Should of known people would be out to tempt him. Shame as i think he would have been good as mgr.
Is this is the shortest time for an England mgr in that job?
Shade
After Allardyce said "Rooney can play anywhere he wants, I can't tell him where to play or what to do as he has more experience playing for England than me", I totally disagree the claim that he might have been a good England manager...I had faith up until that moment, but he completely lost me with that ridiculousness. I mean, every player in the last squad has more experience playing for England than Allardyce, so should he just pick the 11 and let them run out without any tactics? That's some management style.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:After Allardyce said "Rooney can play anywhere he wants, I can't tell him where to play or what to do as he has more experience playing for England than me", I totally disagree the claim that he might have been a good England manager...I had faith up until that moment, but he completely lost me with that ridiculousness. I mean, every player in the last squad has more experience playing for England than Allardyce, so should he just pick the 11 and let them run out without any tactics? That's some management style.
Depends how big the bung was from Rooney's agent and PR team I guess. A free role as captain of England who can play where he wants, keeps his commercial stock high, gets a mega move to China with a load of marketing deals and puts another £200k in Sam's back pocket.

I wonder how long ago Big Sam sold out? Maybe even as far back as all the mad signings at Bolton (Campo, Djorkaef, etc).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09 ... ungs-clai/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Redknapp's gotta be one, hasn't he... Hopefully the rest will be foreign.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Redknapp's gotta be one, hasn't he... Hopefully the rest will be foreign.
Doubt it. You only have to look at the fashion sense and watch the interviews to make reasonable guesses.

We were making our own lists today. Obviously 'Arry is as bent as they come so was on all our lists. Pearson, Bruce, Pulis, and Brown were popular choices too.
Malabus
https://twitter.com/wee_kezza/status/781130319739097088" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
So the Telegraph is naming names in the Championship. Have they got the guts to name the PL ones? Doubt it
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:So the Telegraph is naming names in the Championship. Have they got the guts to name the PL ones? Doubt it
Well they already named the England manager which took more guts so I fully expect Prem names to be revealed in due course.
Shade
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink wouldn't be a surprise. He got the nickname "Juda$" for a reason when he left Leeds for Chelsea back in the day.
Shame, after Tony Yeboah he was the closest thing I had to a hero player when I was 12/13.
asl
"Ooo...ahh...Ye-bo-ah..." Still remember that screamer he scored against...Liverpool? Don't recall the opponents but the goal is still one of the best of all time.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:"Ooo...ahh...Ye-bo-ah..." Still remember that screamer he scored against...Liverpool? Don't recall the opponents but the goal is still one of the best of all time.
Liverpool, aye.
Shade
Yes, Liverpool in a Monday night match. Like the "where were you when you heard JFK was shot" or "where were you when you heard about 9/11", I remember sitting in the living room watching ITV News at 10. Must have been August because I was never allowed up that late at 11 or 12 on a school night. I remember it very vividly.

I actually always thought this one against Wimbledon was better, but the Liverpool one is the one that still gets the plaudits 21 years later https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBBnKu5bnCE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone hit the ball so hard with such accuracy, but have so much more to his game as well. Shearer is the only one I can think of that did it as regularly.

But anyway, gone ever so slightly off topic, there...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Back on topic via a Leeds link. Cellino popped up in the Telegraph articles today. He is like a moth to a flame when it comes to corruption. Like all the other crooks being revealed, let us hope his wings get burned and he no longer flies.

Greg Dyke moaning that the FA has no control. Simple Greg: ban everyone named from English football for life. Make a point that the FA are clamping down.
Shade
The video I saw of Cellino 2 nights ago, he was basically saying everyone in England is corrupt, people in Argentina and Spain and Italy, etc, are angels in comparison.
And he should know.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:The video I saw of Cellino 2 nights ago, he was basically saying everyone in England is corrupt, people in Argentina and Spain and Italy, etc, are angels in comparison.
And he should know.
True, after all, Italy are the country who keep charging him and taking him to court for fraud and illegal financial activity, and we are the country who say he is fit and proper to run a football club.
London Exile
I'm not sure English football is corrupt but it's sure as hell driven by greed especially at the top table.
The billions and billions of pounds washing around from the top flight television deals could be used to thoroughly develop and create something fantastic at grassroots football (more 4G pitches across towns and cities, coaches, MUGAs etc) but instead it's going largely to the pockets of players, agents and owners.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
London Exile wrote:I'm not sure English football is corrupt but it's sure as hell driven by greed especially at the top table.
The billions and billions of pounds washing around from the top flight television deals could be used to thoroughly develop and create something fantastic at grassroots football (more 4G pitches across towns and cities, coaches, MUGAs etc) but instead it's going largely to the pockets of players, agents and owners.
And the hangers on and slimey yes men. Just a shame that what is actually an enjoyable and passionate sport to watch is so morally repulsive.

I really got back into football much more last season. Not Just because we were winning, but going to places like Barrow and Guiseley was a pleasure with the fans, players, volunteers all working hard and honestly to achieve the best they could for the community.

Felt much more like a football club and genuine game rather than a business and money printing scheme, even if the sporting and athletic standards were a lot lower than the Prem.