Bury them?

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

leohoenig
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... league-one" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, Bury, the serial overspenders are in trouble again?
So, £2.5 million losses for the season (2015/16) is good, as they lost £3 million the year before?
How much of the total debt is related to the £7 million the current owner has "invested" to keep the club running?
How much of this is a non-story, is the club allowing winding up orders to be applied, then paying the debt in order to spread the idea that the sale of Gigg Lane and movement to a new ground needs to be pushed through?
If they move, what other projects are incorporated into the deal? Who owns these, Bury FC or Stewart ("kassam?") Day?

I have admired David Conn's journalism in the past, especially on this subject, but I feel that he has only asked half the questions here
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yes, not as thorough or investigative by DC as his past work, especially on Leeds, Pompey and, most tremendously, Notts County.

Still, shows what a shady and unsavoury business property and football has become. We need to get these robber barons, who drain and don't create, out of football.
Ralph
just looking at the owner would not fill me with confidence. Way too sly looking.