FGR v Lincoln. Imps score 2 in 3min at end to win

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not diversion at all - just responding to the need to call out your delusion. Glad you think overspending and underachieving is a success. Millions of pounds of losses well worth it for a couple of thousand fans to visit Wembley as compensation for choking the title.
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:3rd means play offs and another failure.
Research your history.
Grimsby 4th last season and now just outside Div 2 play off zone.
(And weren't Grimsby in play-offs for five or six consecutive seasons)
Bristol Rovers 2nd season before last and now doing well in Div 1.

RCS, you write your wishful thinking as fact and even if FGR don't get promoted it will still be another successful season - 3rd in row while in same time period CTFC have only had one.
WTF? Seriously? :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't think your vegan sugar daddy will think that with the millions he's lost so far
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: The one without the grasp of fact is you: anything but promotion is failure for FGR. Last season was a failure, as was the season before - not a success as you claim.
RCS,
You are adopting the same diversion tactics as I would if my team were fighting 2nd relegation in 3 years and that is cast a wide net around the alleged failings of another club.

Yes the FGR supporters were disappointed at missing promotion but we enjoyed a day out at the new Wembley stadium which most of us have not previously visited.
But I will tell you that nobody at FGR is looking backwards and on Tuesday FGR could easily score 5 goals and go top of table.
COYR
:lol: Proves my point. Plastic fans just in it for a day out (just like the annies were)
The Old TomCat
RCS & Ralph,
Your obsession with FGR is mind boggling.

Plastic fans indeed.
Look towards your own teams attendance figures - they've gone down the drain this season.
CTFC have a bigger attendance problem than FGR.

In one respect not being promoted has had one benefit in that FGR are the best known non-league team in world.
If we had got promoted FGR would have just been one of 92 and unfairly compared to the likes of Man U or Man City. The publicity for the best known non league team in the world has been phenomenal with visits of TV crews from Germany, France, USA, SKY and feature articles in the middle pages of the Times.
Dale Vince would have had to pay much more than he has ploughed into FGR for that amount of publicity for club and Ecotricity.

On the other thread you damn Ady Pennock, but he has never been manager of a relegated club unlike your own GJ who looks to be taking CTFC down for a second time.

I'll make a friendly suggestion to you both. Don't gob off FGR when CTFC's fortunes are so precarious because you are both on the back foot. You will lose every debate and are both doing a dis-service to CTFC
I enjoy going to WR and will continue to attend matches and stand amongst genuine Cheltenham supporters, away from a couple of web warriors that are full of angst.
Shade
:lol: someone's getting touchy
Ralph
Shade wrote::lol: someone's getting touchy

Old TurnCoats been hooked good and proper :lol:
We'll still be in L2 next season (yes we will, no doubt) and FGR will still be in the "Park League" with another season of failure. OTC will be happy though as he'll get to go to another new ground at AFC Fylde .

At some point, vegan guy will pull the plug and go to his next idea for his brand. Good bye FGR :lol:
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:3rd means play offs and another failure.
Research your history.
Grimsby 4th last season and now just outside Div 2 play off zone.
(And weren't Grimsby in play-offs for five or six consecutive seasons)
Bristol Rovers 2nd season before last and now doing well in Div 1.

RCS, you write your wishful thinking as fact and even if FGR don't get promoted it will still be another successful season - 3rd in row while in same time period CTFC have only had one.
And yet in all three we will have finished higher in the league than FGR.
The Old TomCat wrote:If we had got promoted FGR would have just been one of 92 and unfairly compared to the likes of Man U or Man City.
Are you for real? :lol: The only way you might get prepared to Man Utd or Man City would be if we were discussing frivolous spending.
The Old TomCat wrote:On the other thread you damn Ady Pennock, but he has never been manager of a relegated club unlike your own GJ who looks to be taking CTFC down for a second time.
Does the Pennock have any promotions as a manager? Saw he was competent with a lawn mower last season so that's something I suppose.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I think I am safe to say that this is how we all feel in response to OTC's myopic defence of the underachievers at The New Lawn and his tirade against anyone who does not hold their solar panel beneath Vince's backside:

The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I think I am safe to say that this is how we all feel in response to OTC's myopic defence of the underachievers at The New Lawn and his tirade against anyone who does not hold their solar panel beneath Vince's backside:

Love it.
But look to who started thread!!!
People living in Glass Houses :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Indeed OTC, Ralph started the thread with a valid comment on a match FGR lost, and I simply added it is symptomatic of their failure to get promotion despite blowing millions of pounds.

Nothing controversial, trolling or straw grasping about our comments; that all came from you.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Daggers beat FGR this week. So without playing, Lincoln are a game closer to the title.

Gateshead bang on form and moving into the play-offs now. 'The Fulham of the Conference' and will do FGR over two legs if they face each other.
Ralph
almost half time and 0-0 still lol.
Seriously if Arsenal lose, Wenger needs to resign right after the game lol
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:almost half time and 0-0 still lol.
Seriously if Arsenal lose, Wenger needs to resign right after the game lol
If they had not fluked the goal I'd have sacked him at half-time!!
asl
Showboating now, mind.
everyman
asl wrote:Showboating now, mind.
Pleased to see that twat Bradley Wood making a tit of himself !
The Old TomCat
Big game tomorrow for both Lincoln & FGR.
FGR top of table by three points although Lincoln have three games in hand.
Game to be televised live at lunchtime on BT so every chance to watch the two best teams in Non League before CTFCs 3pm kick-off. .
COYR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If FGR win it I think the Imps will crack and only Tranmere will stop FGR.

Fully expect Lincoln to win though.
Shade
After the highs of Arsenal and their other Cup games, this should be the game to get Lincoln back into the mood of NL football. If they play near their best then Lincoln should win comfortably.
Ralph
decent stream here http://cricbox.net/bt-sport-1-live-streaming-uk-online" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lincoln fans making great noise. Put those plastics at FGR to the sword!
Robin
FGR playing very well to be fair, but jeez their support is terrible, it makes Accrington/Morecambe etc look reasonable!
Ralph
Thought the same. Embarrassing
Ralph
2-1 Imps.. keep it going

zero sound from FGR "fans".. nothing at all
Robin
I only watched the first half, thought FGR were miles better than Lincoln amazed they have bottled it again.
Ralph
FGR never came out for the 2nd half.. should of been 4-1
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Should have*.

That is six goals Lincoln have put past the FGR bottlers this season.

Will Cooper survive the summer?
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:decent stream here http://cricbox.net/bt-sport-1-live-streaming-uk-online" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At time of your post it was only FGR who were making noise.
FGR totally silenced Lincoln crowd for practically all of first half.
(I was there)

Second half I admit different game.
I agree fair result and Lincoln fans also rediscovered their voices.
But there were over 6,000 of them.
1st goal scored while our key defender was laid out prone from elbow to head.
2nd goal - own goal
3rd goal - brilliant free kick that really Russell could perhaps have saved.

I also watched recording of game after returning home. Perhaps different commentator to one you have in the US, but throughout he stated he was impressed with FGR's passing game.

BTW decent away crowd number.
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:
Ralph wrote:decent stream here http://cricbox.net/bt-sport-1-live-streaming-uk-online" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At time of your post it was only FGR who were making noise.
FGR totally silenced Lincoln crowd for practically all of first half.
(I was there)

Second half I admit different game.
I agree fair result and Lincoln fans also rediscovered their voices.
But there were over 6,000 of them.
1st goal scored while our key defender was laid out prone from elbow to head.
2nd goal - own goal
3rd goal - brilliant free kick that really Russell could perhaps have saved.

I also watched recording of game after returning home. Perhaps different commentator to one you have in the US, but throughout he stated he was impressed with FGR's passing game.

BTW decent away crowd number.
BT Sport Old Turn Coat.

Lincoln made the noise, FGR did not.

"decent away crowd number"? A max of 345. I have seen that and 160 this morning.
When we went to Rushden in 99 for a game of the same magnitude, we took in excess of 2000 i believe..
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:
BT Sport Old Turn Coat.
(Please don't be so unpleasantly obnoxious. I have only ever supported FGR in non-league football and The Mighty Arsenal in the Football League so cannot ever being accused of being turncoat. I attend occasional CTFC games because I'm a proper football fan)

(Please re-read my post. I was at game so can categorically state that FGR silenced the home crowd during 1st half)

"decent away crowd number"? A max of 345. I have seen that and 160 this morning.
When we went to Rushden in 99 for a game of the same magnitude, we took in excess of 2000 i believe..
(Impressive figures.
But of course Rushton is only 86 miles away from CTFC (less than 2 hours travel).
And did the game have a luchtime kick-off?

FGR to Lincoln is 154 miles away (over three hours travelling) which meant a 6.30 am departure.
Many FGRs fans watched game live on TV in local pubs.)
ctfc-fan
The Old TomCat wrote:
Ralph wrote:
BT Sport Old Turn Coat.
(Please don't be so unpleasantly obnoxious. I have only ever supported FGR in non-league football and The Mighty Arsenal in the Football League so cannot ever being accused of being turncoat. I attend occasional CTFC games because I'm a proper football fan)

(Please re-read my post. I was at game so can categorically state that FGR silenced the home crowd during 1st half)

(Impressive figures.
But of course Rushton is only 86 miles away from CTFC (less than 2 hours travel).
And did the game have a luchtime kick-off?

FGR to Lincoln is 154 miles away (over three hours travelling) which meant a 6.30 am departure.
Many FGRs fans watched game live on TV in local pubs.)
And how far is Rushden?!
Ralph
Exactly, it is Rushden Old Turn Coat :lol:

And re an early kick off being some reason for non-attendance of FGR fans.. Sorry not buying it. Proper real football fans travel to away games no matter the start time. Plastics not so much obviously
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
OTC should know all about Rushden: as fake a team as FGR and a team whose fate FGR are sure to emulate in the future.
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:Exactly, it is Rushden Old Turn Coat :lol:

And re an early kick off being some reason for non-attendance of FGR fans.. Sorry not buying it. Proper real football fans travel to away games no matter the start time. Plastics not so much obviously
I looked up the name 'Ralph' and came up with following:

"Ralph - "(Ralphed, Ralphage) - To puke. eg "I am gonna ralph", "I drank so much I ralphed everywhere", "I produced some mad ralphage last nite""

http://www.boredatuni.com/words.php?letter=R" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Absolutely appropriate, Ralphed

I find it absolutely hilarious that on a CHELTENHAM TOWN FC forum, there is so much interest in another club that is not even in the same league.
Suppose it takes your minds off your own woes.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
We are football fans who enjoy the game at all levels, locally, nationally and globally. This is why we have an Other Footy section.

I know on your forum the censorship restricts content to FGR propaganda, however on here discussion of the game is encouraged.

Of course, with FGR being a fellow Shire side, who gave it large when mucking CTFC and our fans about, who want to build a new complex in our County, there is bound to be a lot of interest. Also, if FGR's attitude to CTFC during the last two seasons had not been so antagonising and obnoxious we would not enjoy revelling in the latest failure at TNL.
Daveangel
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:We are football fans who enjoy the game at all levels, locally, nationally and globally. This is why we have an Other Footy section.

I know on your forum the censorship restricts content to FGR propaganda, however on here discussion of the game is encouraged.
They even let me post! :)

Up the Imps! :lol:
Shade
Out of curiosity, how many did we take to Dover for a Sunday lunchtime kick off in January last season?