Register    Login    Search    FAQ

CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » OTHER FOOTY

Page 2 of 2 [ 45 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: FGR v Lincoln. Imps score 2 in 3min at end to win
 Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017, 17:19 

Not diversion at all - just responding to the need to call out your delusion. Glad you think overspending and underachieving is a success. Millions of pounds of losses well worth it for a couple of thousand fans to visit Wembley as compensation for choking the title.

Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017, 18:33 

The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
3rd means play offs and another failure.

Research your history.
Grimsby 4th last season and now just outside Div 2 play off zone.
(And weren't Grimsby in play-offs for five or six consecutive seasons)
Bristol Rovers 2nd season before last and now doing well in Div 1.

RCS, you write your wishful thinking as fact and even if FGR don't get promoted it will still be another successful season - 3rd in row while in same time period CTFC have only had one.

WTF? Seriously? :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't think your vegan sugar daddy will think that with the millions he's lost so far

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017, 18:35 

The Old TomCat wrote:
The one without the grasp of fact is you: anything but promotion is failure for FGR. Last season was a failure, as was the season before - not a success as you claim.

RCS,
You are adopting the same diversion tactics as I would if my team were fighting 2nd relegation in 3 years and that is cast a wide net around the alleged failings of another club.

Yes the FGR supporters were disappointed at missing promotion but we enjoyed a day out at the new Wembley stadium which most of us have not previously visited.
But I will tell you that nobody at FGR is looking backwards and on Tuesday FGR could easily score 5 goals and go top of table.
COYR

:lol: Proves my point. Plastic fans just in it for a day out (just like the annies were)

Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017, 01:30 

RCS & Ralph,
Your obsession with FGR is mind boggling.

Plastic fans indeed.
Look towards your own teams attendance figures - they've gone down the drain this season.
CTFC have a bigger attendance problem than FGR.

In one respect not being promoted has had one benefit in that FGR are the best known non-league team in world.
If we had got promoted FGR would have just been one of 92 and unfairly compared to the likes of Man U or Man City. The publicity for the best known non league team in the world has been phenomenal with visits of TV crews from Germany, France, USA, SKY and feature articles in the middle pages of the Times.
Dale Vince would have had to pay much more than he has ploughed into FGR for that amount of publicity for club and Ecotricity.

On the other thread you damn Ady Pennock, but he has never been manager of a relegated club unlike your own GJ who looks to be taking CTFC down for a second time.

I'll make a friendly suggestion to you both. Don't gob off FGR when CTFC's fortunes are so precarious because you are both on the back foot. You will lose every debate and are both doing a dis-service to CTFC
I enjoy going to WR and will continue to attend matches and stand amongst genuine Cheltenham supporters, away from a couple of web warriors that are full of angst.

Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017, 12:17 

:lol: someone's getting touchy

Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017, 13:35 

Shade wrote:
:lol: someone's getting touchy

Old TurnCoats been hooked good and proper :lol:
We'll still be in L2 next season (yes we will, no doubt) and FGR will still be in the "Park League" with another season of failure. OTC will be happy though as he'll get to go to another new ground at AFC Fylde .

At some point, vegan guy will pull the plug and go to his next idea for his brand. Good bye FGR :lol:

Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017, 15:55 

The Old TomCat wrote:
3rd means play offs and another failure.

Research your history.
Grimsby 4th last season and now just outside Div 2 play off zone.
(And weren't Grimsby in play-offs for five or six consecutive seasons)
Bristol Rovers 2nd season before last and now doing well in Div 1.

RCS, you write your wishful thinking as fact and even if FGR don't get promoted it will still be another successful season - 3rd in row while in same time period CTFC have only had one.

And yet in all three we will have finished higher in the league than FGR.

The Old TomCat wrote:
If we had got promoted FGR would have just been one of 92 and unfairly compared to the likes of Man U or Man City.

Are you for real? :lol: The only way you might get prepared to Man Utd or Man City would be if we were discussing frivolous spending.

The Old TomCat wrote:
On the other thread you damn Ady Pennock, but he has never been manager of a relegated club unlike your own GJ who looks to be taking CTFC down for a second time.

Does the Pennock have any promotions as a manager? Saw he was competent with a lawn mower last season so that's something I suppose.

Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017, 19:06 

I think I am safe to say that this is how we all feel in response to OTC's myopic defence of the underachievers at The New Lawn and his tirade against anyone who does not hold their solar panel beneath Vince's backside:

Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017, 09:11 

I think I am safe to say that this is how we all feel in response to OTC's myopic defence of the underachievers at The New Lawn and his tirade against anyone who does not hold their solar panel beneath Vince's backside:

Love it.
But look to who started thread!!!
People living in Glass Houses :lol:

Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017, 10:05 

Indeed OTC, Ralph started the thread with a valid comment on a match FGR lost, and I simply added it is symptomatic of their failure to get promotion despite blowing millions of pounds.

Nothing controversial, trolling or straw grasping about our comments; that all came from you.

Page 2 of 2 [ 45 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » THE NEST » OTHER FOOTY