Elliott Frear spits out his dummy. More goings on at FGR

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/fo ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knows he will never see promotion at FGR :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
A Football League club just down the A46 Elliott, where Gary Johnson is starting to rebuild a team ready to mount a challenge for promotion to L1 next season. Do the business for CTFC in L2 this season and next and you'll get a move to a better level than the SPL.
Malabus
Vince blocked his move to Cheltenham and now refused Yeovil to talk to the player.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Vince and FGR are a joke.

Wonder what OTC thinks of Frear wanting to get a chance at the FL.

Also, no mention of it on the FGR forum. I assume the Forum Stasi make sure it does not get discussed.

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewforum.php?f=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
Now that's interesting, isn't it...
little mo
Keiffer Moore gone to Ipswich, Elliot Frear "not exactly keen on going forward with FGR", Mark Coopers own words in the NLP.
Chris FGR
Frear's off, we rejected 3 offers last week from an unnamed SPL club but it seems his head's been turned. We're apparently replacing him with Jake Gosling from Bristol Rovers.
Ralph
Whats your chances now Chris for the season do you think.. Rather hear from you than that Old TurnCoat
Chris FGR
Can't see us winning the title tbh, have got a tough run including 4 of the top 6 away having failed to beat any of them at home. Lincoln could well be 8 points clear if they win their 2 games in hand as well.

We have looked a bit more solid in the last 3 games, but there's been so many comings and goings plus constant personnel and tactical changes that it's been tough to get much consistency going. We've got a lot of good midfielders, but only 1 striker who looks up to it in Doidge, so we look a bit unbalanced squad wise atm.

Think we'll finish 3rd, behind Lincoln and Tranmere Play-offs are a bit of a lottery, but to win them we'll need to beat 2 other top sides which we haven't done yet.

I do like Cooper, was a great player and he's got us playing some lovely stuff, so I'm hoping he gets it right. Hopefully he's finished experimenting and decided on his best team and formation now.
baggy89
Wonder if the un-named SPFL club is the Don's. I'd imagine one of only two clubs in a position to pay a fee, the other being Celtic. We have one winger entering last 6 months of his contract and another subject to a bid from Cardiff, which might make sense of the "un-named" part (AFC don't want to make fans aware that one or the other is definitely leaving).

If so can understand why his heads been turned, chance to play European football next season would be tempting.

Suppose it could be Sevco5088, as Warburton seems to like a lower league signing, and might explain why the "bids" have been rejected (on the basis FFG will never see the money).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good honest appraisal Chris, a lot more realistic than OTC. Thanks.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Good honest appraisal Chris, a lot more realistic than OTC. Thanks.
Excuse me but I've said nowt on this thread so far.
Frear on form is probably one of best in non-league. Motherwell will have done well to secure his services.
His replacement, Jake Goslin from Bristol Rovers, is apparently a better player. :D
FGR Chris's accessment is fairly accurate and one that I will not overly argue with.

BTW Congrats on that 3-0 win against 10 man Accrington S that moves CTFC out of automatic relegation spot. Your team are trying hard to ensure that there is an El Glosico match next season.
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Good honest appraisal Chris, a lot more realistic than OTC. Thanks.
FGR Chris's accessment is fairly accurate and one that I will not overly argue with.

BTW Congrats on that 3-0 win against 10 man Accrington S that moves CTFC out of automatic relegation spot. Your team are trying hard to ensure that there is an El Glosico match next season.
Who gave you the role of being mouthpiece for the thoughts of FGR fans OTC? You are way too full of your own make believe self importance.

As for you playing us next season. In your dreams sunshine. You will still be park league next season. You don't have the players with the desire to win. They are just picking up an easy pay cheque
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

Who gave you the role of being mouthpiece for the thoughts of FGR fans OTC? You are way too full of your own make believe self importance.

As for you playing us next season. In your dreams sunshine. You will still be park league next season. You don't have the players with the desire to win. They are just picking up an easy pay cheque
Spot on Ralp, OTC is the mouthpiece for Dale Vince maybe but not the fans.

If FGR do get through to Wembley, the sight of 20,000 from Birkenhead outsinging two thousand plastics will lead to just an unequal result on the pitch.
Red Duke
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
If FGR do get through to Wembley, the sight of 20,000 from Birkenhead outsinging two thousand plastics will lead to just an unequal result on the pitch.
Err RCS, number of fans at Wembley doesn't always guarantee success, just ask Hereford...
Ralph
No but it is FGR we are talking about, not Hereford
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:
Excuse me but I've said nowt on this thread so far.
Frear on form is probably one of best in non-league. Motherwell will have done well to secure his services.
His replacement, Jake Goslin from Bristol Rovers, is apparently a better player. :D

Are there some other types of relegation spots that we're not aware of?! :? :lol:
Shade
If we were trying hard to make sure of an El Glosico next season then surely we'd have scored 4 own goals and had 3 players sent off.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:If we were trying hard to make sure of an El Glosico next season then surely we'd have scored 4 own goals and had 3 players sent off.
Lol
Chris FGR
Heard today that Jake Gosling's signing yesterday was our 19th since MC was appointed last summer, with 16 (soon to be 18) going the other way. With that much of an overhaul maybe shouldn't be a surprise that we haven't been that consistent up till now, although obviously GJ was even more drastic in his rebuild last season and it worked out for you.

We have a habit of not turning up (on the pitch) for the big occasions over the years, if we did get to Wembley it would be better for us to be playing someone like Dover imo, Tranmere would vastly outnumber us which could well make a difference psychologically. Grimsby definitely seemed inspired by their support last May, think Tranmere would bring even more.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Watching Lincoln on TV tonight. They certainly have turned up so far - quite a contrast to FGR's timid showings in the big TV games.
Si Robin
Watching Lincoln tonight, I'm glad they weren't this good last season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:Watching Lincoln tonight, I'm glad they weren't this good last season.
Indeed. Cowley seems to be a great manager. Took pub side Braintree to the play-offs. He left them in the summer and now they are struggling towards the bottom and Lincoln are top of the division.

Seems like another season where FGR will be outclassed by a better manager.
Chris FGR
We've now sold Charlie Clough, one of our best players, to Barnet.

Not sure of the reasons, tbf he might have wanted to go, but things appear to be going pear shaped quite rapidly. I'm pretty gutted tbh, I really liked MC as a player and was desperate to see him succeed here, but I really can't understand how things can have gone so wrong recently. ´

Ralph
Did i read right MC has had 18 in or out since he's been there?
kora
And now it looks like Racine will follow to Newport, Eastleigh or Torquay. can you change your entire team midseason and still hope for progress?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
When Lincoln got the two late goals to beat FGR 3-2, Ralph said it was like us vs the Annies. It looks like it is even bigger than that. FGR, and Cooper have gone into meltdown since.
The Old TomCat
I will accept that there is a lot of despair at TNL especially since it was announced that Charlie Clough has been sold to Barnet.
Charlie scored the equalising goal in his last game for FGR. He is a solid and dependable player.
Barnet have done well in securing his services and I wish him well.
Cooper has brought in many players but whether they immediately gell I know not.
FGR are 2nd in table and if all the other clubs win their games in hand (very unlikely) FGR will still remain in the play-off zone.
Therefore the jury is still out with regards getting promoted at season end but the title is seemingly becoming a difficult proposition to envisage.
Chris FGR
Frear has now completed his move to Motherwell.

We've certainly had a lot of comings and goings under Cooper, with 1 more in on loan and Murphy going out expected shortly. Include those 2 and it's 22 players in, 21 out since the end of May.
Ralph
More action than we had with Martin Allen
Shade
Racine going to Torquay was a bit of a surprise. Thought someone a bit better would have been in for him.