Gloucester City ground update

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Artemis
Robin wrote:I tend to agree, I feel as a club we wanted to help out a local team that we have good relations with (at board level) however the income isn't enough to cover the pitch repair and as board they've been willing to ignore that so long as some of the money could go into the playing budget. Now that we will have the scoreboard that money is replaced but the one off investment to fix the pitch is, I assume, still required.
I'm inclined to agree with you Robin. On almost everything in your post, but we don't know if the income is enough to cover the cost of pitch repair and upkeep. What we do know is that there is always pressure to boost the playing budget at the cost of longer term investment - in this case the pitch, which is what I suspect happened to some of the cash that would have been earmarked for the pitch. Personally, I'd rather a poor pitch in the EFL than a billiard table in the VNL. But there is now a price to be paid in improving the pitch because that's what supporters, players and management want.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
A good pitch will help us become a better EFL team in my view. I believe the decline in the pitch contributed to the decline of the team and relegation.

Gary Johnson has said he had to tailor signings to the pitch. That is no way to build a successful squad.
London Exile
I really feel for the loyal GC fans such as Daveangel. Their fans have been led from pillar to post and just when the finishing line might be in sight the course gets extended!

Whilst the revenue and rent from the ground use deal will be missed the new scoreboard should more than fill that gap plus at the end of the season the club will be able to offer a better pitch for the business 5 a side tournaments they've hosted in the past and subsequent costs we can charge for those.
From a pitch point of view once again we'll be looking at only a couple of PSFs and 23 league games plus a few reserve/youth team games and possibly the odd cup game. Whichever we look at it, it won't be anywhere near the 50 or so it has had to host in the last 7 seasons.

If the club puts in a similar level of close season investment as the last couple then hopefully the pitch will hold up significantly better in 2017/18.
andgarod
similar investment will not be adequate the pitch has been destroyed. It will simply take more money ( than what has been invested)and time ( years)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
London Exile wrote:I really feel for the loyal GC fans such as Daveangel. Their fans have been led from pillar to post and just when the finishing line might be in sight the course gets extended!
You say that, but having read the COF today, Daveangel seems to be one of the view willing to trek to Evesham and keep the EMG charade going for goodness knows how many more years. I feel more for the ones who want to cut ties with EMG and take their own club back in Gloucester.

In my view, any fan which supports the asset stripping land grabbing regime by continuing to watch the club in Evesham is contributing to the demise of the club.
Daveangel
If you were in possession of any of the facts you'd realise what utter tripe that is.

I only wish I could enlighten you.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Daveangel wrote:If you were in possession of any of the facts you'd realise what utter tripe that is.

I only wish I could enlighten you.
Please do so! Which bit was tripe? The bit saying you will be going to watch in Evesham or the bit criticising EMG's personal motives?
confused.com
Please God now move this 'debate' to other footy. They are moving out, no more groundshare, let's move on. Understanding that the pitch will take some time to recover
Daveangel
You're entitled to your opinion regarding me not giving up on my team.

Stating "Asset stripping and land grabbing" as fact is pretty dodgy ground I'd say Mr Nair.

You can accuse EMG of many things, but asset stripping?

He must be the most incompetent asset stripper in history.

If only you knew.
Last edited by Daveangel on 25 Jan 2017, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
Daveangel
confused.com wrote:Please God now move this 'debate' to other footy. They are moving out, no more groundshare, let's move on. Understanding that the pitch will take some time to recover
Indeed.

If not lock it altogether.