Gloucester City

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sad to read the feelings of fans on the City Open Forum regarding the Evesham move.

The fans have been done over by Swiss Tonies like Peake and EMG and it is not nice to see.

The fans make football, and I wish all the best to the fans.

I am sure every CTFC fan agrees and echos my support.
Ralph
For all the regular GC fans yes..

Neil.. No way in hell. The hatred that guy has shown us even when we enabled his team to survive is astounding
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Time to be the bigger man Ralph.

CTFC have done our bit for seven long years.

We would love to have seen Gloucester return to the City years ago.

Some of us even once talked about weekly bucket collections at CTFC games to raise funds for them to help them move back (though lucky we didn't as it would have gone a car and holiday for EMG and a sunbed session for Peake), and some of us were adamant voluntary relegation and rebuilding at Tuffley was the nest option.

As you say, some like Neil were too bitter and deluded to agree with such pragmatism, but most of their fans were not.

Yes it's a shame PB was complicit in the demise by appeasing EMG for so long with the groundshare - but at the time the vocal like Neil would have had it no other way.

Hopefully, whether before or after EMG walks out/the club liquidates, the Tigers will be returning in some shape or form to Gloucester. The fans deserve it.
ctfc-fan
Hopefully EMG will repay the favour in cheap plant hire and the like for our Crabtree Place plans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reginald
Looking at their fans board and their reaction to McGurks interview in the Citizen, I'd say they're in deep trouble. Lurching from crisis to crisis, and no light at the end of a long tunnel. Sad to say it, but they'd be better folding, or dropping down to a division where they could use facilities on a joint basis in the city. A real predicament.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I have agreed with such a relegation and consolidation in Gloucester for years for the good of GCFC, and even called for a collection by CTFC so we could donate to help our Shire brothers achieve that.

It has gone on so long now though that whilst for the best, cutting ties with EMG and Meadow Park would leave a bitter taste, in that it means EMG has won and succeeded in getting all of the land with no football club on it. At least if GCFC fans did this voluntarily the club will be in better shape than it will be if EMG runs it into the ground and closes it.

Just about cutting losses now for the City fans, EMG has already beaten football, and we just need to keep the score down.

#EammonOut
#CityInTheCity
#FootballNotSpivs
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:called for a collection by CTFC so we could donate to help our Shire brothers
I'm sure there would be some interesting donations!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:called for a collection by CTFC so we could donate to help our Shire brothers
I'm sure there would be some interesting donations!
Mr Baker and CTFC fans must take some blame. The groundshare and the fans who accepted it for seven years played into EMG's hands. Gloucester fans lost out, we lost out (pitch) and EMG is closer to killing the club and grabbing the land.

Sad that so many have been complicit, and amazing really that so many people thought/think that EMG acts in the interests of GCFC and its fans.
London Exile
Having read the interviews on Gloucestershire Live, EMG hasn't come across too well.
He does seem stubborn and he's going to do it his way however long and winded that may be!
Whatever has gone on behind the scenes at GCFC and the Council, 10 years and counting to get back to the city is an absolute disgrace.

Makes me appreciate what we have at Cheltenham even more.
Sprout Picker
See Evesham have had a removable terracing section installed ready for when the Tiggers play there next season.