FGR spent this much and couldn't beat us to the title

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/fo ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

£2.5m losses and still couldn't get promoted. Again.
Ralph
that is in excess of 5mil now. Crazy no's

2.1m in wages.. lol..
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Gary promised our players a chance to prove themselves in League football.

FGR promised theirs a big pay check.

No wonder when the ante was raised, one group stepped up to be Champions and one group lost their determination.

Looks like happening again this season. I wonder what the losses will be compared to Lincoln's budget.

They are a club built on air (wind to be precise) and a squad of players who are there to jog around for a paycheck rather than battle on the pitch for a whole season.
Ralph
they will never be hungry for success. Just there for a big pay day
Shade
I believe that makes it losses of £7.5m in the last 3 seasons, with it being £2.9m and £2.1m in the previous two seasons.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
So much for sustainable business eh Dale? If Ecotricity had paid tax on all that profit, rather than converting it to losses at FGR then the Treasury would be better off and all.

Vince talks ethics and morals, but in practice FGR is anything but.
Ralph
Shade wrote:I believe that makes it losses of £7.5m in the last 3 seasons, with it being £2.9m and £2.1m in the previous two seasons.
i believe you are right. We had this discussion last season and it was 5mil plus then

Wonder what the shareholders of Ecotricity make of any dividend they might get going to a failing football club.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I don't Ecotricity has shareholders. It's a private company. They have issued bonds before to raise capital, but these are for limited time only and limited release when capital is needed. This is not a problem - bond holders will be more concerned with long term profits and business models than shareholders after a quick buck.
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I don't Ecotricity has shareholders. It's a private company. They have issued bonds before to raise capital, but these are for limited time only and limited release when capital is needed. This is not a problem - bond holders will be more concerned with long term profits and business models than shareholders after a quick buck.
Vince is the only shareholder of the group. There is a separate company for the bonds by the looks.

FGR working capital is -£5m as of 2015 accounts.
Robin
Say what you want about Vince but he's backing them with a lot of money, if they go up I can see them going straight through league two just like Fleetwood but then he'd need to up the investment even further as I doubt there crowds would grow very much.
Robin
Interestingly our crowds were roughly double FGR's yet their wage budget was around double ours.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Interestingly our crowds were roughly double FGR's yet their wage budget was around double ours.
Shows which was the better managed club.
Robin
Our wage budget last season (players only) was £700k, if you add staff I'd imagine £900k is a realistic figure, compared to £2.1 million at FGR they must be operating without volunteers like we do.

By the way Kidderminster and Macclesfield wage budget was supposedly around £250k so it shows the huge gulf between the big clubs and the smaller ones - god knows what Boreham Wood/Guisley were operating under unless they have big outside investment.
Ralph
Robin wrote:Our wage budget last season (players only) was £700k, if you add staff I'd imagine £900k is a realistic figure, compared to £2.1 million at FGR they must be operating without volunteers like we do.
You looked on their forum in the "debt" thread. Yes 3 times our wage bill. They must have some on 3k a week plus.
Shade
If they get into League 2 though they will have to abide by this 55% wage cap rule, which I don't think they do in the NL?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:If they get into League 2 though they will have to abide by this 55% wage cap rule, which I don't think they do in the NL?
I am sure ecotricity sponsorship would increase to boost their operational income sufficiently.
Shade
Aye, you're probably right.
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:If they get into League 2 though they will have to abide by this 55% wage cap rule, which I don't think they do in the NL?
I am sure ecotricity sponsorship would increase to boost their operational income sufficiently.
Do t think it can work like that. Just read into the controversy surrounding Leicester's promotion. I believe it can only count actual income rather than inflated sponsorship, directors loans etc.
Shade
They'll do it in a way like the Robins Trust giving the club £10k to get the Wootton deal through. They'll find a way.
asl
Didn't Man City's owners once purchase 3 million replica shirts from the club shop...?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Vince could buy 3,000 match tickets to give to local school kids, etc etc.
Shade
I thought he already does, but most don't bother going...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lol!
Sprout Picker
Any comment from OTC on this 'sustainable' operation going on down the road?! :lol:
Ralph
Silence....

2.1m in wages and home crowds of 1500. Totally unsustainable
Ralph
And I'm still waiting for him to tell me one forum (and not FGR) that wants your postal address and phone number to "verify" you quicker when you try and sign up to a forum.

More silence lol
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Even on the FGR forum there is a thread 3 or 4 pages long about the debt but he has not commented. Yet he has been posting on other threads.

Usual OTC, when he knows he is wrong and can't think of a whacky argument to clutch at he puts his head in the sand, thus, silence.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Even on the FGR forum there is a thread 3 or 4 pages long about the debt but he has not commented. Yet he has been posting on other threads.

Usual OTC, when he knows he is wrong and can't think of a whacky argument to clutch at he puts his head in the sand, thus, silence.
On another thread you promised not to bait me.
Can't trust you at all.

I've kept quiet on both the Cheltenham & FGR forums on this subject because I'm not an accountant so cannot nor will not post with any degree of certainty.
As I understand it DV is doing nothing wrong but of course when we get promoted it will be a different scenario and he will be financially restricted to FFS.
In the meantime I'm enjoying the ride - 3rd in table and playing exciting watchable football.
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:Silence....

2.1m in wages and home crowds of 1500. Totally unsustainable
http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national/attendances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
10th best average attendance of average 1,756 fans per game.
Ralph
Well that's good OTC. That extra 256 will help to take care of the 2.1m wage bill.

And btw I see no baiting.

And lastly you never ever produced one other forum anywhere on the internet that asks for address and phone number to "verify" new members. More alternative facts?
longmover
http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The censored non-league forum really is a laughing stock, you got that right!
Shade
:lol: I'm not surprised the non-leaguers with a sugar daddy in charge have little idea of what they talk about.
Ralph
Supposedly the wages to income ratio at FGR is +195%. If that is right, it's another nail in the coffin esp with FL rules if they ever make it in. It's unsustainable no matter how rich your sugar daddy is
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Even on the FGR forum there is a thread 3 or 4 pages long about the debt but he has not commented. Yet he has been posting on other threads.

On another thread you promised not to bait me.
Can't trust you at all.

I've kept quiet on both the Cheltenham & FGR forums on this subject because I'm not an accountant so cannot nor will not post with any degree of certainty.
As I understand it DV is doing nothing wrong but of course when we get promoted it will be a different scenario and he will be financially restricted to FFS.
In the meantime I'm enjoying the ride - 3rd in table and playing exciting watchable football.
Are you a politician in your spare time? Having told us on countless occasions what a sustainable success story FGR are it would be nice to hear your thoughts on yet another £2million+ loss. The third in a row. You don't need to be an accountant to understand how repeated losses could lead to trouble.

Promotion already looking increasingly unlikely so it's more a case of 'if' rather than 'when'!

Think you meant FFP by the way. FFS might have been your thoughts as Grimsby rattled in another in the Play Off game last season ;)