Piegate

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39037401" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've just heard the roly-poly-goalie has resigned from Sutton as a result of this. Gotta laugh...
Shade
It's ridiculous. It's for 'eating a pie on camera' but he doesn't direct the cameraman or live BBC feed.
asl
He may well have directed a mate to stick a monkey on at 8-1, though.
longmover
He new what he was doing, also the Sun as shirt sponsers, Sutton havent covered themselves in glory have they.
Si Robin
I said when I saw it that it was so obviously staged. Heard their manager on 5 Live on the way home from work and I think what he said was true, Shaw's just been very naive and he's paid the price for it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:He new what he was doing, also the Sun as shirt sponsers, Sutton havent covered themselves in glory have they.
Yup, a bit grubby and makes the degrades the concept of a 'non-league fairytale' in the Cup. South London for you.

Complete contrast to the glorious and historic Imps.
Ralph
It was staged for sure. He deserves to lose his place at club
confused.com
God it's hard to imagine that great lump getting down to a low ball with any speed, so no great loss I would think
Shade
Blimey, you lot are miserable. If he hadn't have eaten the pasty he would still be influencing the bet because he knew about it. It's only because a bookie had to shell out a few quid that anyone cares. Ridiculous.
ctfc-fan
But SunBets were offering the bet and they sponsor Sutton so very murky.
Shade
Very murky...ffs. How? Even if Sun Bets got him to do it, so what? It basically then just equates to Sun Bets giving the money away to some people. Gary Lineker had it right when he said day by day football is losing its heart and sense of humour.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Football humour or grubby promotion by the Sun?

Sutton were there to uphold the honour of the Cup. Pieeater brought it down to the lows of a tabloid publicity stunt. Hope the FA ban the Sun from the Wembley rounds in revenge.
Ralph
On the Sutton forum, the blame is on the Sun
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:On the Sutton forum, the blame is on the Sun
Their greasy mitts took the Sun's grubby notes; serves 'em right.
ctfc-fan
Shade wrote:Very murky...ffs. How? Even if Sun Bets got him to do it, so what? It basically then just equates to Sun Bets giving the money away to some people. Gary Lineker had it right when he said day by day football is losing its heart and sense of humour.
No different to a player betting on a match. It's bent as anything.

It was so obvious at the time it was a set up and it's cringeworthy everyone saying how great he is now for doing it.

Also it shows money can buy players/coaches.
confused.com
Just refreshing to read an attack on the sun without having to hear the fecking H word again
Shade
confused.com wrote:Just refreshing to read an attack on the sun without having to hear the fecking H word again
Ssssshhhhhh, you can't say that...
Red Duke
I would put the blame solely on the betting industry. They are ones that invented stupid bets where a single person can manipulate a situation without really affecting the overall result. eg. in cricket. 2 no balls in 5th over. Why would a bookie offer such a bet and why would anyone bet on such an outcome unless they had inside knowledge.

Bookies only complain when they are losing money on these bets.
Red Duke
In a similar vein why are bookies allowed to do online gaming? That is so open to manipulation by computer algorithms that the only winners are the bookies. The only losers are the mugs that do it.

Is there any regulation in this industry? I expect not. Even there were, I am sure they don't pay any heed.

As for "free" bets that you have to play though umpteen times before you can withdraw it, they shouldn't be allowed.
asl
Wasn't it Matt le Tissier who told the story of the early days of spread-betting at football matches when he laid a bet that there'd be a throw-in within the first 30 seconds of the match? His plan was just to kick the ball out of play but, for some reason, nobody passed him the ball and he was tearing about all over the pitch trying desperately to get hold of it as all the time he was losing money. Reckoned he never run so much in his life!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... united-pie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ctfc-fan
Red Duke wrote:In a similar vein why are bookies allowed to do online gaming? That is so open to manipulation by computer algorithms that the only winners are the bookies. The only losers are the mugs that do it.
Not at all. There is a lot of money to be made without losing if you know what you're doing. The games are run by Random Generators but you can actually beat these.
As for "free" bets that you have to play though umpteen times before you can withdraw it, they shouldn't be allowed.
Again these are so easy to beat and win through. Lay the bet off with close odds and you'll only lose a small part of the free cash.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:
Red Duke wrote:In a similar vein why are bookies allowed to do online gaming? That is so open to manipulation by computer algorithms that the only winners are the bookies. The only losers are the mugs that do it.
Not at all. There is a lot of money to be made without losing if you know what you're doing. The games are run by Random Generators but you can actually beat these.
Again these are so easy to beat and win through. Lay the bet off with close odds and you'll only lose a small part of the free cash.
If it was that easy to win, bookies would soon stop offering it.
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:
If it was that easy to win, bookies would soon stop offering it.
They do to people who keep winning, they stop you receiving free bets and offers. As soon as you beat them they don't like it.
Red Duke
I am sorry but I would not trust anything from a Random Number Generator unless you know precisely between which numbers it is being generated. Even then it can be easily manipulated afterwards.

You say that there is a lot of money to be made without losing if you know what you are doing. I assume therefore you have made your millions and it would be nice of you to invest it in the football club.
ctfc-fan
Red Duke wrote:I am sorry but I would not trust anything from a Random Number Generator unless you know precisely between which numbers it is being generated. Even then it can be easily manipulated afterwards. [\quote]

Maybe so but if found out the bookies would be in huge trouble.
You say that there is a lot of money to be made without losing if you know what you are doing. I assume therefore you have made your millions and it would be nice of you to invest it in the football club.
I'm making enough but not that much...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:
Red Duke wrote:I am sorry but I would not trust anything from a Random Number Generator unless you know precisely between which numbers it is being generated. Even then it can be easily manipulated afterwards. [\quote]

Give me 30% or I will sell your IP address to the bookies.
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:

Give me 30% or I will sell your IP address to the bookies.
Good luck finding it out. Not sure why they'd want my ip though...?!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Bookies pay a tidy fee for such info about certain users so they can block access to them. Same way Sky used to pay a healthy reward if you dobbed in a pub that had illegal football on.
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Bookies pay a tidy fee for such info about certain users so they can block access to them. Same way Sky used to pay a healthy reward if you dobbed in a pub that had illegal football on.
They already have ways to find people out such as iesnare and sneaky tricks like that. But I think you misunderstand about it addresses as I only use one and they wouldn't block it based on someone's say so. They have computers looking at user habits and will block that way if un normal patterns are seen.