More nastiness by FGR

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Daggers not happy about the way FGR are treating the away fans.

No seats being made available to Daggers fans for the play-off game at The Nasty Lawn:

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 8bf6ebf117" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ctfc-fan
They should do the same back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Si Robin
Didn't they give us something like 25 seats in a block of well over a hundred?

Such a horrible, little club.
Ralph
Looking on their forum, they appear to be still denying Daggers fans any seats {inc disabled} for the home leg. It really is pathetic. If {and i sincerely hope they do not} make it to the FL and they try these stunts on teams, they will really have a problem on their hands from the clubs and the fans. They really are becoming a hateful little club. I actually think i dislike them more than i used to dislike the Annies
Chris FGR
Agree it's poor. Tbf quite a few of our fans are trying to argue Daggers case, it's not how we want our club to treat away fans. Hopefully the hierachy take notice.
Ralph
I doubt it Chris. They do what they want and that is it. Sad to say the good days are long gone at FGR. Just DV's plaything now
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If Chris and others really cared and wanted to stick up for the Daggers fans and principles of football they'd threaten a boycott of the home leg themselves. Don't buy any tickets until the ub change their attitude.
Chris FGR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:If Chris and others really cared and wanted to stick up for the Daggers fans and principles of football they'd threaten a boycott of the home leg themselves. Don't buy any tickets until the ub change their attitude.
Easy to say when it's not your club playing in one of the biggest games in their history. I've seen so many shite games in front of a man and his dog to not want to miss a massive game like this. And if some did boycott I doubt it would be on a large enough scale to make any difference, you know how it is people want justice but not at any cost to themselves.

Would you boycott a Robins play off game just because the opposition fans aren't given seats?

I do want to see us being fair, and several of our fans are making the point and trying to see if something can be done. It has at least been made clear any disabled Daggers fans will be catered for though.
Si Robin
I'm fully with you Chris. This is where I feel for fans like you, those who have been there in the long run.

I used to really like FGR, the way they stood up to the ex-league teams and more than handled there own for over 10 years at the top level of non-league really shouldn't be under-estimated. Now, as Ralph says, they're so much more dislikeable than any other of the big-spenders that have come before them (maybe Crawley excepted because of the Steve Evans factor).
longmover
So no (daggers) disabled or fans that cant stand for 90 can go to the game?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:So no (daggers) disabled or fans that cant stand for 90 can go to the game?
Apparently registered disabled/blue badge holders will be accommodated, but anyone else unable to stand (for potentially 120 mins plus penalties) is not welcome at FGR.

Children, elderly people, people with aches and strains, pregnant people, etc, are not wanted by FGR.
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:pregnant people
Clever use of a gender-neutral term, there, RCS... Wouldn't want to offend anyone.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:pregnant people
Clever use of a gender-neutral term, there, RCS... Wouldn't want to offend anyone.
Wouldn't say it is clever. Written as second nature and wasn't fully cognisant of it until you highlighted it.
Nesty
I hope daggers stuff them -
Johnsons Red Army
Had to resort to cheating (dive for penalty in first half) to get a draw today, 1-1.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Daggers will turn them over in a half empty Nasty Lawn.
Ralph
And if they don't, Tranny will give them a beating at Wembley
Johnsons Red Army
Ralph wrote:And if they don't, Tranny will give them a beating at Wembley
Yep, Tranmere look the real deal. Certainly my (and bookies too I would imagine) favourite to go up.
Robin
I watched about 20 minutes of the Dagenham V FGR game, it was terrible and both sides would struggle in league two with those teams.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Daggers will turn them over in a half empty Nasty Lawn.
Wrong on all three points:
1. Daggers lost
2. Crowd best of season in packed stadium
3. FGR play at THE NEW LAWN

D & R 1-1 FGR (1st leg play off) attendance 2208
FGR 2-0 D & R (2nd leg play off) attendance 3237

agg score FGR 3 -1 D & R

next match WEMBERLEE :D :D :D :D :D

COYR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Daggers will turn them over in a half empty Nasty Lawn.
Wrong on all three points:
1. Daggers lost
2. Crowd best of season in packed stadium
3. FGR play at THE NEW LAWN

D & R 1-1 FGR (1st leg play off) attendance 2208
FGR 2-0 D & R (2nd leg play off) attendance 3237

agg score FGR 3 -1 D & R

next match WEMBERLEE :D :D :D :D :D

COYR
Granted I was certainly wrong on points 1 and 2.

Enjoy Wembley. If you get time afterwards, nip up on the tune to have a few pints in the Castle in Harrow. One of my fave ale houses in UK.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:[Enjoy Wembley. If you get time afterwards, nip up on the tune to have a few pints in the Castle in Harrow. One of my fave ale houses in UK.
Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

Coach to Wembley and when we get there must use prescribed pub. On coach immediately after game back to Gloucestershire so no opportunity to visit the Castle. Perhaps on another occasion in the future!

BTW looking forward to an ElGlosico match against CTFC next season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Be good if El Glosico was first game of the season. We'll have our new look squad. Your first game in the League. Would settle bragging rights early on.
kora
Has your ground shrunk, 3237 sounds more like half full than packed stadium.
The Old TomCat
kora wrote:Has your ground shrunk, 3237 sounds more like half full than packed stadium.
According to Wikipedia:

"The stadium has a capacity of 5,140 of which 2,000 is seated.
The largest attendance at The New Lawn was in a FA Cup third round game against Derby County in January 2009 when 4836 watched Forest Green narrowly lose 3-4.
On 25 August 2014, a Conference National derby game with Bristol Rovers saw 3,781 in attendance, the highest ever recorded league attendance at the stadium."

So stadium was well over half packed and one of the highest attendances at TNL.

RCS,
The first match of season is always special but the selectors don't usually award local derbies on that date.
But of course I could be wrong because there are quite a few tasty local games in prospect for both clubs: Swindon, Newport Yeovil and perhaps Exeter.
Our club accountants will be rubbing their hands in glee.
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:
kora wrote:Has your ground shrunk, 3237 sounds more like half full than packed stadium.
According to Wikipedia:

The largest attendance at The New Lawn was in a FA Cup third round game against Derby County in January 2009 when 4836 watched Forest Green narrowly lose 3-4.
On 25 August 2014, a Conference National derby game with Bristol Rovers saw 3,781 in attendance, the highest ever recorded league attendance at the stadium."

RCS,
The first match of season is always special but the selectors don't usually award local derbies on that date.
But of course I could be wrong because there are quite a few tasty local games in prospect for both clubs: Swindon, Newport Yeovil and perhaps Exeter.
Just the small matter of Tranmere first...
The Old TomCat
Sprout Picker wrote: Just the small matter of Tranmere first...
Of course, but FGR beat their first team a month ago at Prenton Park.
FGR were not at full strength that day.
At Wembley Mark Cooper will be blessed with a full squad of fit players including Ethan Pinnock, the best defender in the Conference and Liam Noble, the player that the Non League Paper said was best in Conference.
COYR
asl
Is that the same paper that suggested Jennings was the best LB in the Conference, last year?
The Old TomCat
asl wrote:Is that the same paper that suggested Jennings was the best LB in the Conference, last year?
Yep :D
Ralph
Just over half full lol
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:Just over half full lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn_glFKTgsg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
No interest OTC. You will not beat Tranmere. Another season in conference beckons. Another 2.5m losses for the next year. That makes it in excess of 7 million. Your club is a fcuking disgrace to the beautiful game
kora
Sprout Picker wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
According to Wikipedia:

RCS,
Just the small matter of Tranmere first...

Well over half packed, what a lovely expression of optimism.
asl
Crowds calculated using the Diane Abbott methodology.
The Old TomCat
asl wrote:Crowds calculated using the Diane Abbott methodology.
:lol: