Upset on the cards.

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Looks FGR are going to stun the Daggers. 2-0 at half-time.

Tranmere wil be licking their lips!
London Exile
I've a horrible feeling FGR might triumph in only their second ever Wembley visit (according the Stale Mince)
leohoenig
That's good - I saw there win in their first even Wembley appearance, 8 May 1982.
I take it they only count if they win, so they weren't there in 1999 or 2016!
Ralph
Tranny will take care of it
Shade
I hope Tranmere do it. And not because I particularly like Tranmere.

The attendance gap between Grimsby and FGR was pretty embarrassing last year at Wembley...
About the same this year or will FGR take even less?
Chris FGR
Shade wrote:I hope Tranmere do it. And not because I particularly like Tranmere.

The attendance gap between Grimsby and FGR was pretty embarrassing last year at Wembley...
About the same this year or will FGR take even less?
Probably be similar I'd imagine, around 4k.

Thing is it's pretty difficult to attract floating fans/neutrals with £44 for a ticket plus all the other costs that go with a trip to rip off central. Our average gate is 1800, our hardcore is a fair bit less. Outside of those it's difficult to see why anyone would stump up such an extortionate amount to watch a non league match. So in some ways 4k was surprisingly high.
Shade
You'll always get hangers on going to the big games, same as us getting around 16k and 13k in play-off finals when we were getting around 3-3.5k home fans at WR.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:You'll always get hangers on going to the big games, same as us getting around 16k and 13k in play-off finals when we were getting around 3-3.5k home fans at WR.
Depends on whether the 3.5k were the same each week. Could easily be 5-10k fans who each only make 1 or 2 games a season for various reasons. Wouldn't necessarily call them hangers on.
Shade
Yeah but even then there's an extra 3-6k appearing from nowhere. I didn't mean hangers on in a derogatory way, like some of the fans singing "where were you when we were s#!t" against Grimsby (when we were basically still s#!t...). I just meant it as in, there will always be people interested in a big day out that don't normally show any interest, they just come along for the ride, as it were.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Yeah but even then there's an extra 3-6k appearing from nowhere. I didn't mean hangers on in a derogatory way, like some of the fans singing "where were you when we were s#!t" against Grimsby (when we were basically still s#!t...). I just meant it as in, there will always be people interested in a big day out that don't normally show any interest, they just come along for the ride, as it were.
Definitely, three or four friends did exactly that when coming to our last Wembley visit.
Shade
And I'm glad they and others did, or else it would have been a gigantic difference in attendance between us and Crewe.