Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » OTHER FOOTY




 Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 



Author Message
 Post subject: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 07 May 2017, 17:49 
Offline

Joined: 26 Dec 2012, 18:27
Posts: 851
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
...lose in play off semi to Chorley.


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 07 May 2017, 19:09 
Offline

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 14357
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Their derby with Gloucester will be even closer to them next season. In the same County in fact.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 07 May 2017, 20:41 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 10692
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of fans!


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 08 May 2017, 00:03 
Offline

Joined: 06 Oct 2015, 10:04
Posts: 30
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Their derby with Gloucester will be even closer to them next season. In the same County in fact.


Not sure about that. Looking pretty likely that Gloucester City will be in the south division next season.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 08 May 2017, 07:11 
Offline

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 14357
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Reginald wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Their derby with Gloucester will be even closer to them next season. In the same County in fact.


Not sure about that. Looking pretty likely that Gloucester City will be in the south division next season.


Good news for Gloucester if so. Pleased about that.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 08 May 2017, 07:27 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 11:50
Posts: 1813
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
I am not certain that Gloucester want to switch, although it is generally felt the South division is weaker
Anyway, there is a lot of speculation that it will be Brackley, not Gloucester who are moved


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 08 May 2017, 08:11 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:15
Posts: 742
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
leohoenig wrote:
I am not certain that Gloucester want to switch, although it is generally felt the South division is weaker
Anyway, there is a lot of speculation that it will be Brackley, not Gloucester who are moved


As Gloucester will be playing further north next season, will they take into account where the club plays or the place they represent in the decision making?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 08 May 2017, 09:14 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 11:50
Posts: 1813
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
The first part of the decision making is by invitation
Both clubs will be aware of the situation and should have been asked about changing divisions
If both state a clear preference for the same division, then the FA will have to make a decision


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 08 May 2017, 09:37 
Offline

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 14357
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Red Duke wrote:
leohoenig wrote:
I am not certain that Gloucester want to switch, although it is generally felt the South division is weaker
Anyway, there is a lot of speculation that it will be Brackley, not Gloucester who are moved


As Gloucester will be playing further north next season, will they take into account where the club plays or the place they represent in the decision making?


See you at Croft Park if Gloucester stay North.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 08 May 2017, 11:18 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 11:50
Posts: 1813
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
My only visit to Croft Park was in 1987, but I won't be going back even for the chance to see Gloucester or RCS there


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 08 May 2017, 11:38 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:15
Posts: 742
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
leohoenig wrote:
The first part of the decision making is by invitation
Both clubs will be aware of the situation and should have been asked about changing divisions
If both state a clear preference for the same division, then the FA will have to make a decision


If it is down to FA then it could go either way. Geography is not their strongest suit as the Robins were in the North West last season according to them.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 08 May 2017, 11:46 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:15
Posts: 742
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Red Duke wrote:
leohoenig wrote:
I am not certain that Gloucester want to switch, although it is generally felt the South division is weaker
Anyway, there is a lot of speculation that it will be Brackley, not Gloucester who are moved


As Gloucester will be playing further north next season, will they take into account where the club plays or the place they represent in the decision making?


See you at Croft Park if Gloucester stay North.


I might just do that. I have been living in the NE for almost 40 years and I have always wanted for the Robins to play at Croft Park but the chances have always been slim. The best possibility used to be the FA Trophy. I suppose there is always the FA Cup.

With Hartlepool relegated, Doncaster promoted and the possibility of Carlisle also being promoted, the nearest fixture for me next season looks likely to be Chesterfield, over 160 miles away.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 08 May 2017, 17:23 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 10692
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Equally with Plymouth promoted and Hartlepool relegated we've lost two of our longest trips which is a good thing.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 08 May 2017, 21:01 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 11:50
Posts: 1813
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Red Duke wrote:
leohoenig wrote:
The first part of the decision making is by invitation
Both clubs will be aware of the situation and should have been asked about changing divisions
If both state a clear preference for the same division, then the FA will have to make a decision


If it is down to FA then it could go either way. Geography is not their strongest suit as the Robins were in the North West last season according to them.


The Football Association and English Football League are not the same people, (they are hardly even on speaking terms).
It was the Football League that placed us in the North West.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 08 May 2017, 21:11 
Offline

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 14357
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
leohoenig wrote:
Red Duke wrote:
leohoenig wrote:
The first part of the decision making is by invitation
Both clubs will be aware of the situation and should have been asked about changing divisions
If both state a clear preference for the same division, then the FA will have to make a decision


If it is down to FA then it could go either way. Geography is not their strongest suit as the Robins were in the North West last season according to them.


The Football Association and English Football League are not the same people, (they are hardly even on speaking terms).
It was the Football League that placed us in the North West.


Which was it that messed us around over our Conference/Trophy matches?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 08 May 2017, 23:38 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 11:50
Posts: 1813
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Well, it certainly wasn't the Football League, as we were not members at the time
Now, the word at the time was that someone at the FA approved our plan on the Saturday, after the draw at Oxford.
This should never have happened.
To some extent, we were also at fault for trying to push through something that would not be permitted.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 14 May 2017, 09:34 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:15
Posts: 742
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Red Duke wrote:
leohoenig wrote:
I am not certain that Gloucester want to switch, although it is generally felt the South division is weaker
Anyway, there is a lot of speculation that it will be Brackley, not Gloucester who are moved


As Gloucester will be playing further north next season, will they take into account where the club plays or the place they represent in the decision making?


See you at Croft Park if Gloucester stay North.


It is not going to happen, Gloucester have been moved South.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/may/12/n ... ted-140517


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kiddy
 Post Posted: 14 May 2017, 09:43 
Offline

Joined: 05 Jul 2011, 23:56
Posts: 968
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Robin wrote:
Equally with Plymouth promoted and Hartlepool relegated we've lost two of our longest trips which is a good thing.


..so on that basis will you be cheering on FGR at Wembley? ;)


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 




Board index » THE NEST » OTHER FOOTY


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: