Amazon to show Premier League games

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
From 2019, Amazon will stream 20 Prem matches. Breaking up the Sky/BT duopoly.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/ ... aming-deal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
It's a pain. They also have exclusive rights to the US Open tennis - so I'm planning on taking out a one month free trial in September. Need to work out how to get it up on my telly as I don't think the missus will be impressed with having to watch on her iPad.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
We have an Amazon Fire Stick plugged into the TV hdmi so use that for streaming Prime (as well as Netflix, BBC sport and iPlayer etc) which is decent and better quality than plugging the computer into the TV.
Shade
If I read it right, though, they literally only have two rounds of matches, they're just showing all 20 games from those two rounds - first games of December and Boxing Day matches. Amazon haven't announced how much they're paying and no word is Sky are still showing any boxing day games?
Shade
asl wrote:It's a pain. They also have exclusive rights to the US Open tennis - so I'm planning on taking out a one month free trial in September. Need to work out how to get it up on my telly as I don't think the missus will be impressed with having to watch on her iPad.
Get a PS4, it's nice and easy :D
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:If I read it right, though, they literally only have two rounds of matches, they're just showing all 20 games from those two rounds - first games of December and Boxing Day matches. Amazon haven't announced how much they're paying and no word is Sky are still showing any boxing day games?
Good point. Interesting approach.

I wonder if in future we’ll end up with midweek rounds of games where Sky or BT show one match as usual and Amazon show the other matches.
Red Duke
I haven't paid Sky a penny to watch football since they started and I definitely won't be giving anything to Amazon either.