Neighbours down to 20

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

There isn’t a debate going on, let alone anyone winning it.

A debate suggests there are two valid opinions - when there is only one truth, it is impossible to debate.

Is the Earth flat? No
Do FGR have a kit? No
Have FGR and Ecotricity lost millions in recent years? Yes
Were there plumbed facilities with running warm water for away fans at TNL? No

These aren’t debatable points. This is why we mock your nutjob ramblings.
Perhaps not debate but I'm sure one of the following words found in Thesaurus will suffice:

consideration
argument
contest
controversy
deliberation
dispute
match
agitation
altercation
argumentation
cogitation
contention
controverting
dialectic
disputation
hassle
meditation
mooting
polemic
rebutting
reflection
refuting
tiff
words
wrangle

And I must add I've never mentioned anything concerning Flat Earth.
It seems as if it is YOU who is rambling.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

There isn’t a debate going on, let alone anyone winning it.

A debate suggests there are two valid opinions - when there is only one truth, it is impossible to debate.

Is the Earth flat? No
Do FGR have a kit? No
Have FGR and Ecotricity lost millions in recent years? Yes
Were there plumbed facilities with running warm water for away fans at TNL? No

These aren’t debatable points. This is why we mock your nutjob ramblings.
Perhaps not debate but I'm sure one of the following words found in Thesaurus will suffice:

consideration
argument
contest
controversy
deliberation
dispute
match
agitation
altercation
argumentation
cogitation
contention
controverting
dialectic
disputation
hassle
meditation
mooting
polemic
rebutting
reflection
refuting
tiff
words
wrangle

And I must add I've never mentioned anything concerning Flat Earth.
It seems as if it is YOU who is rambling.
a) none of those synonyms apply; a fact is a fact and no degree of mooting or wrangling can change facts, ergo, not relevant.

b) I never said you have ever commented on the geometrical shape of our home planet. Merely using it as an example of something as undeniable (apart from nutjob freaks) as the fact that Ecotricity and FGR have lost millions.

Now well done on another diversionary post, I have bitten - but I am correct.
ctfc-fan
The Old TomCat wrote:
Shade wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
The games mentioned were both against league opposition. FGR can only play teams as the schedule dictates.

Remember it was you who brought up subject of how FGR will fare without Doidge. The goal stats indicate FGR will cope well without him. I will also add that those FGR supporters who attend every game [which includes me] are pleased for Doidgie but not downcast at his move. The goals pouring in show that FGR now pose a wider threat to opposition teams than when everything went through our record breaking goalscorer.
FGR can only play teams as the schedule dictates. This is correct. You pointed out that FGR had scored 7 goals in those two games. I pointed out that those two teams are probably the worst two teams in this division at the moment. Wait until you play some more average and top L2 teams, before bragging.

Yes, it was me that brought up the subject of how FGR will fare without Doidge. It is my opinion, and I am entitled to that. The goal stats show that you have scored 7 goals in the last two games against poor opposition, with one of those games not being a League game. FGR have scored 10 League goals which is the 4th highest in the division so far, but 7 of those 10 have been scored in just two games against a poor Notts County and Grimsby, meaning that in the other 4 League games FGR have scored just 3 goals.
Bringing the number of goals Cheltenham have scored this season into the debate is irrelevant - I was not talking about the number of goals that Cheltenham have/haven't scored.
Okay Shade it was unintentional on my part to upset you. I find your posts generally very sensible.
My reply was in context that without Doidge, FGR could do perhaps even better than before his move.
I've been to every single FGR game this season including all PSFs so know the squad is as good as the best in league.
Doidge is an exceptional good player but he always had two opposition players on his heels. His loss means that the team now has more goal scoring options which is what I was alluding to.
Remind me how many league games you’ve played so far this season? You clearly won’t have seen every team so that statement is the most ridiculous thing to say.
asl
And so another thread gets locked...