Neighbours down to 20

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Lord Elpuz
Apparently, FGR are down to a squad of only 20 first team players, as centre back Haydn Hollis has just gone out to Chesterfield on a season long loan.

So, what can be read into this?

* FGR are about to plunder the loan market for stronger reinforcements (according to Cooper ‘if some come in then another will have to go out to make room’)
* FGR are so confident in the quality of their academy to supplement the first team?
* The EcoTricity money is starting to run dry, because vast numbers of staff have been made redundant?

Whichever way you look at it, a first team squad of only 20 is wafer thin.

Can anyone get a statement of truth from the official FGR spokesperson to The Robins Nest, namely The Old TomCat?
Last edited by Lord Elpuz on 23 Aug 2018, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yup, Eco money running out at and low club income means wages are approaching FFP cap.
Shade
Surprised I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that Dale Vince has apparently told Hummel to stick it and has gone with someone else instead.

Makes me laugh, heard a few of their fans getting excited because they think they're going to finish above us, like it's a done deal already, when the gap is 5 points and they've only won one game this season themselves and only had 2 shots on target the other night. They seem to forget they even had a bigger lead over us 3 years ago and we ended up 12 points above them.

And no, nobody can get a statement of "truth" from OTC.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Surprised I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that Dale Vince has apparently told Hummel to stick it and has gone with someone else instead.

Makes me laugh, heard a few of their fans getting excited because they think they're going to finish above us, like it's a done deal already, when the gap is 5 points and they've only won one game this season themselves and only had 2 shots on target the other night. They seem to forget they even had a bigger lead over us 3 years ago and we ended up 12 points above them.

Yeah they have given the design to some random small company no one has heard of. I suppose it is easier to micromanage a small manufacturer and make them make your design no matter how easy or hard it is to do. Whereas Hummel would have been impossible for Vince to boss around, hence his Trump style attacks on social media and local mouthpiece press.

Whichever junior or trainee account manager had to deal with FGR emails and calls are probably glad to rid an annoying useless client they aren’t making any money on.
Lord Elpuz
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:Surprised I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that Dale Vince has apparently told Hummel to stick it and has gone with someone else instead.

Yeah they have given the design to some random small company no one has heard of. I suppose it is easier to micromanage a small manufacturer and make them make your design no matter how easy or hard it is to do. Whereas Hummel would have been impossible for Vince to boss around, hence his Trump style attacks on social media and local mouthpiece press.

Whichever junior or trainee account manager had to deal with FGR emails and calls are probably glad to rid an annoying useless client they aren’t making any money on.
Anyone else think that Hummel were not prepared to make the shirts for the money being offered, as FGR were unlikely to shift the number of shirts needed to make the deal profitable? Similarly, could it be the case that the retail price of the Hummel shirts to the punters would have been prohibitively high for the small number of shirts supplied? It’s a bit of a mess, by the sound of things.
ctfc-fan
Had the misfortune of seeing some FGR clothing being warn around Woolacombe today. Had to bite my tongue....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:

Anyone else think that Hummel were not prepared to make the shirts for the money being offered, as FGR were unlikely to shift the number of shirts needed to make the deal profitable? Similarly, could it be the case that the retail price of the Hummel shirts to the punters would have been prohibitively high for the small number of shirts supplied? It’s a bit of a mess, by the sound of things.
Especially when you throw in the costs of unique features like the stars, which no doubt Vince would have kept coming back to say “2mm to the left, bit golder less dark grey” etc etc. Such bespoke features on a huge production line only become cost effective in bulk, even with current manufacturing technologies. No doubt they saw the pre-orders, saw what FGR were offering and didn’t want to do it. PlayerLayer, the new supplier, are probably glad to have an actual club as a customer and will absorb the cost for the prestige, make a small batch, and it will probably look awful.

Just read this on the FGR forum. What an absolute dotard Chrisgump is:
“ I guess Hummel has cost the club a lot of kit sales? Glasgow Rangers and others were similarly affected. Dreadful damage done to the brand - must be in deep trouble?”

LOL Hummel in deep trouble! What a tool. They would have sold more kits in Asia and consumer goods online today than FGR will sell in their entire existence. Hummel are not in trouble. This has no impact on Hummel. Hummel don’t care about the tiny FGR contract. Get this in your thick skull Chrisgump!
Lord Elpuz

Therefore you’ll love this post from OTC on the FGR Forum - the poor man has chronic delusions of his own self-importance:

Re: Gary Johnson
Postby The Old TomCat » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:30 pm
After the latest spat where I proved they had everything wrong their moderator wrote: "Yep, locking this now: let's just stick to football-related matters when discussing FGR from now on. I will try to lock any threads I see that seek to do nothing other than look for bites from those down the road."

Chuffed to bits about it. I ran rings round them with actual facts backed up by links. All they had in their armoury was a lot of name calling.
Hopefully this will put an end to a lot of the silliness by them. And in actual fact it is just one obsessive FGR hating member of their forum who creates these threads.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Interesting article from the University of St Andrews on problems working with PlayerLayer:
http://www.thesaint-online.com/2018/02/ ... layerlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Red Duke
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Interesting article from the University of St Andrews on problems working with PlayerLayer:
http://www.thesaint-online.com/2018/02/ ... layerlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It shows the hallmark of a small company that has taken onto much. I suspect that most people do not realise how complex it is to manufacture textiles especially football shirts as they are made from high performance fabrics with the number of manufacturers is limited. They are bespoke products. It is not like, say, T -Shirts which can be mass produced.

One hiccup in the supply change and suddenly there is no availability, especially with the emphasis these days on just in time processing. e.g. there may not be any of the specific dye to achieve the FGR green and the dyer is waiting on supply. He can't get hold of it because there are problems at the chemical manufacturer and it becomes a domino effect.
Shade
Lord Elpuz wrote:

Therefore you’ll love this post from OTC on the FGR Forum - the poor man has chronic delusions of his own self-importance:

After the latest spat where I proved they had everything wrong their moderator wrote: "Yep, locking this now: let's just stick to football-related matters when discussing FGR from now on. I will try to lock any threads I see that seek to do nothing other than look for bites from those down the road."

Chuffed to bits about it. I ran rings round them with actual facts backed up by links. All they had in their armoury was a lot of name calling.
Hopefully this will put an end to a lot of the silliness by them. And in actual fact it is just one obsessive FGR hating member of their forum who creates these threads.
:lol: He has not got a clue. "Fact" has a completely new definition in OTC's dictionary.
Shade
:lol: Cooper on the radio, saying they should have had a penalty but didn't get it because they're a small club and the FA, refs and PGMOL don't like them. They're not the only ones! Then goes on to blame his players for not scoring more. Blokes an absolute muppet.

Sounds like Winchester f#!$ up royally as well thinking he was offside when he wasn't and kicked the ball out instead of rolling it in :lol:
baggy89
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: Especially when you throw in the costs of unique features like the stars, which no doubt Vince would have kept coming back to say “2mm to the left, bit golder less dark grey” etc etc. Such bespoke features on a huge production line only become cost effective in bulk, even with current manufacturing technologies. No doubt they saw the pre-orders, saw what FGR were offering and didn’t want to do it. PlayerLayer, the new supplier, are probably glad to have an actual club as a customer and will absorb the cost for the prestige, make a small batch, and it will probably look awful.

Just read this on the FGR forum. What an absolute dotard Chrisgump is:
“ I guess Hummel has cost the club a lot of kit sales? Glasgow Rangers and others were similarly affected. Dreadful damage done to the brand - must be in deep trouble?”

LOL Hummel in deep trouble! What a tool. They would have sold more kits in Asia and consumer goods online today than FGR will sell in their entire existence. Hummel are not in trouble. This has no impact on Hummel. Hummel don’t care about the tiny FGR contract. Get this in your thick skull Chrisgump!
Muppet, The Rangers 2012 have pissed Hummel off because their legal folk did not read the contract with SportsDirect.com meaning their attempt to sell the kit through JD Sports was blocked by Ashley who had it within the new arrangement they were to be allowed to match any other retail offer. Which he took up using the courts.

Wonder if Hummel also peruse the FGR forum and threaten posters with libel.
Lord Elpuz
The neighbours could be losing another player shortly, and a very key player at that:

According to their forum, a Championship club has come in with a loan bid for Doidge with a view to making it a permanent signing in January; the bid allegedly amounts to £800k, but it has apparently been rejected by FGR. With the loan window due to close tomorrow (31 August) at 5pm, expect further bids. Doidge has a new Agent who will almost certainly be looking to make some cash himself and Doidge must surely fancy a shot playing at a higher standard. Watch this space.
Shade
I'd go as far as to say they're f#!$ if they lose Doidge at this late stage.
Nesty
he has gone to Notlob
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Vince obviously needed the money.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Great to see Doidge go. Here’s hoping it is the beginning of the end for Vince.
Shade
Will be very interesting to see who scores their goals now. Feels like we're both in the same boat now, unless one of our many strikers starts banging them in regularly.
The Old TomCat
Lord Elpuz wrote:

Thanks Mr 'Elpuz for posting this on Robin's Nest. And every word I wrote true. :D
The Old TomCat
Lord Elpuz wrote:Apparently, FGR are down to a squad of only 20 first team players, as centre back Haydn Hollis has just gone out to Chesterfield on a season long loan.

So, what can be read into this?

* FGR are about to plunder the loan market for stronger reinforcements (according to Cooper ‘if some come in then another will have to go out to make room’)
* FGR are so confident in the quality of their academy to supplement the first team?
* The EcoTricity money is starting to run dry, because vast numbers of staff have been made redundant?

Whichever way you look at it, a first team squad of only 20 is wafer thin.

Can anyone get a statement of truth from the official FGR spokesperson to The Robins Nest, namely The Old TomCat?
Mr ‘Elpuz,
I note that your post was made during the transfer/loan window at a time when FGR were transferring in and out a number of players.
I am happy to confirm with you that FGR have 23 registered first team players, which is about the norm for EFL2 teams.
I am also happy to confirm with you that all 23 are quality players, as your team discovered last night.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Yup, Eco money running out at and low club income means wages are approaching FFP cap.

Balderdash, utter rubbish.
Prompted by your post I checked with the FGR money men last night and they confirmed that FGR are not remotely near breaking the FFP cap.
And of course FGR have secured near £2 million in player sales in past year – Doidge, Pinnock and Stevens.
The Old TomCat
Lord Elpuz wrote:

Mr ‘Elpuz,
You have got your facts muddled [what a surprise!]
Hummel signed a contract in January for delivery of FGR kit in May. They failed to fulfil that contract.
If as you suggested they thought FGR would not pay enough then they should not have signed the contract. In business firms negotiate before signing contracts and not afterwards as you appear to imply.
And yes you are right it is a mess, Hummell are in a right mess.
The Old TomCat
Shade wrote:I'd go as far as to say they're f#!$ if they lose Doidge at this late stage.

Shade,
Since your ill advised post FGR have done exceptionally well without Doidge:

Friday 31st August: Christian Doidge sold to Bolton Wanderers

Saturday 1st September: FGR win 3-1 away at Notts County with three different players scoring goals - Shepherd, Reid, Grubb

Tuesday 4th September: FGR win 4-0 at home against Cheltenham with four different players scoring goals - Grubb, Campbell, Williams, Pearce

Therefore since Doidge: two wins and seven goals by six [6] different goal scorers.
The future looks exceedingly bright for The Green Army.
Shade
The Old TomCat,
Every post you type out on this forum is ill-advised. But there is no telling you as you're completely off your head.

Two games against what are probably the two worst sides in the division right now, one even in the competition that literally nobody cares about, are hardly a yard stick to measure yourselves against.
Ralph
Watch out Shade, Turncoat will post 5 posts aimed at your one.
Shade
Good chance that they will be completely irrelevant, as well. And then he'll run back to the FGR forum and regale them with tales of how he ran rings around me as if a) it's something to be proud of as an adult and b) it actually happened.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
OTC is a snivelling sh!t. Let him post as much nonsensical blue italics as he wants; we know it is all lies and delusional guff but it keeps him busy and off the streets. View it as a care in the community benefit.
The Old TomCat
Shade wrote:The Old TomCat,
Every post you type out on this forum is ill-advised. But there is no telling you as you're completely off your head.

Two games against what are probably the two worst sides in the division right now, one even in the competition that literally nobody cares about, are hardly a yard stick to measure yourselves against.

The games mentioned were both against league opposition. FGR can only play teams as the schedule dictates.
Okay I'll add that currently seven FGR players have scored a dozen league goals between them and that Dale Grubb has scored as many goals [3] as has Cheltenham managed in total thus far this season.

Remember it was you who brought up subject of how FGR will fare without Doidge. The goal stats indicate FGR will cope well without him. I will also add that those FGR supporters who attend every game [which includes me] are pleased for Doidgie but not downcast at his move. The goals pouring in show that FGR now pose a wider threat to opposition teams than when everything went through our record breaking goalscorer.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:OTC is a snivelling sh!t. Let him post as much nonsensical blue italics as he wants; we know it is all lies and delusional guff but it keeps him busy and off the streets. View it as a care in the community benefit.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The fact that I'm winning the debate hands down clearly shows I'm not delusional.
Read my post to Slade and weep.

You guys need to stop writing about FGR and concentrate on Cheltenham.
Last season Cheltenham had an awful year but nevertheless had the satisfaction that the team were doing better than FGR.
Not so this year.
You stop writing about FGR and I'll stop posting on Robin's Nest.
SHANDY VOR
Thomas - It seems to me that Rovers have enough quality, and some decent points already, to suggest they should easily avoid a relegation battle. My guessing is that this will relax the team, and fans, and take the pressure off. And what with this being the first time at this level in that situation it will be seen as an achievement rather than seeing mid table mediocrity as failure or unrealistically demanding promotion or play offs. This might give you that extra bit that comes with playing with freedom.

Do you think you've got an outside (or inside) chance of promotion this season?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:OTC is a snivelling sh!t. Let him post as much nonsensical blue italics as he wants; we know it is all lies and delusional guff but it keeps him busy and off the streets. View it as a care in the community benefit.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The fact that I'm winning the debate hands down clearly shows I'm not delusional.
Read my post to Slade and weep.

You guys need to stop writing about FGR and concentrate on Cheltenham.
Last season Cheltenham had an awful year but nevertheless had the satisfaction that the team were doing better than FGR.
Not so this year.
You stop writing about FGR and I'll stop posting on Robin's Nest.
There isn’t a debate going on, let alone anyone winning it.

A debate suggests there are two valid opinions - when there is only one truth, it is impossible to debate.

Is the Earth flat? No
Do FGR have a kit? No
Have FGR and Ecotricity lost millions in recent years? Yes
Were there plumbed facilities with running warm water for away fans at TNL? No

These aren’t debatable points. This is why we mock your nutjob ramblings.
Shade
The Old TomCat wrote:

The games mentioned were both against league opposition. FGR can only play teams as the schedule dictates.

Remember it was you who brought up subject of how FGR will fare without Doidge. The goal stats indicate FGR will cope well without him. I will also add that those FGR supporters who attend every game [which includes me] are pleased for Doidgie but not downcast at his move. The goals pouring in show that FGR now pose a wider threat to opposition teams than when everything went through our record breaking goalscorer.
FGR can only play teams as the schedule dictates. This is correct. You pointed out that FGR had scored 7 goals in those two games. I pointed out that those two teams are probably the worst two teams in this division at the moment. Wait until you play some more average and top L2 teams, before bragging.

Yes, it was me that brought up the subject of how FGR will fare without Doidge. It is my opinion, and I am entitled to that. The goal stats show that you have scored 7 goals in the last two games against poor opposition, with one of those games not being a League game. FGR have scored 10 League goals which is the 4th highest in the division so far, but 7 of those 10 have been scored in just two games against a poor Notts County and Grimsby, meaning that in the other 4 League games FGR have scored just 3 goals.
Bringing the number of goals Cheltenham have scored this season into the debate is irrelevant - I was not talking about the number of goals that Cheltenham have/haven't scored.
The Old TomCat
Shade wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

FGR can only play teams as the schedule dictates. This is correct. You pointed out that FGR had scored 7 goals in those two games. I pointed out that those two teams are probably the worst two teams in this division at the moment. Wait until you play some more average and top L2 teams, before bragging.

Yes, it was me that brought up the subject of how FGR will fare without Doidge. It is my opinion, and I am entitled to that. The goal stats show that you have scored 7 goals in the last two games against poor opposition, with one of those games not being a League game. FGR have scored 10 League goals which is the 4th highest in the division so far, but 7 of those 10 have been scored in just two games against a poor Notts County and Grimsby, meaning that in the other 4 League games FGR have scored just 3 goals.
Bringing the number of goals Cheltenham have scored this season into the debate is irrelevant - I was not talking about the number of goals that Cheltenham have/haven't scored.
Okay Shade it was unintentional on my part to upset you. I find your posts generally very sensible.
My reply was in context that without Doidge, FGR could do perhaps even better than before his move.
I've been to every single FGR game this season including all PSFs so know the squad is as good as the best in league.
Doidge is an exceptional good player but he always had two opposition players on his heels. His loss means that the team now has more goal scoring options which is what I was alluding to.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
How can you know FGR squad is as good as the best in the League without seeing every game of every team? Another effort to debate something which cannot be debated.

(I note you ignore my previous post, as you often do whenever anyone tries to hold you to account with facts.)