Another ticket price moan

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I paid £28 for a seat high up in the top tier for Newcastle vs Man City last night. Only £6 more than the £22 I paid to watch Cheltenham at Carlisle.

Is it any wonder that when I arrived at Carlisle station the other week, the platform was full of people waiting to travel back the other way to watch Newcastle rather than staying to watch L2 action.
Shade
And yet there seemed to be quite a few people that had travelled over from Newcastle at Carlisle, judging by the PA guy repeatedly saying "so-and-so is however many years old and has come from Newcastle today", etc.

Anyway, that reminds me, on the website before the Carlisle game I thought it said tickets were £19 and to be bought on the day, but when we rocked up they were indeed £22. Were we ripped off?
leohoenig
Ticket prices at Carlisle are £3 less in advance than on the day.
Terrace tickets bought in advance at Carlisle are the same price as I would pay on the day for the paddock at Cheltenham

For seats, if bought in advance, then it is cheaper at Carlisle than Cheltenham - on match day it costs more at Brunton Park

I understand the comment - that we do not pay much less than some Premier League tickets
The problem is that ticketing and associated income at Cheltenham is what keeps the club running - I would think over 50% of our income is match day revenue. The figures are not published, so I do not have detail

For the Premier League, 13% of income is match day while 54% comes from domestic TV. (figures published by UEFA, relating to FY2017)
Shade
I had to check as I was sure I just saw £19 and that was it, and I did. Not that I'm going to do anything about £3 anyway. It was obviously a CTFC error, though.

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2019/january/ ... le-united/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Red Duke
I also had seen the prices that Shade refers to.

I was also was somewhat surprised I had to pay a higher amount.

It should be made clear that tickets bought at the ground on the day are charge differently.