Wayne Hennessy Nazi Salute

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

ctfc-fan
Got to say I thought more of Roy Hodgson who is now backing up Wayne Hennessy and the excuse of not knowing what the nazi salute is. Utterly pathetic excuse and I cannot believe the FA have fallen for his excuse now that he had his hand above his mouth to make his voice travel.
Red Duke
Just maybe Wayne Hennessey is the stereotypical football of being thick as two short planks and Roy Hodgson has had a dose of the 3B's (Bullshit Baffles Brains).
Shade
I just can't believe how out of proportion this whole thing has been blown. Many comedians on TV have mocked the Nazi salute and Hitler doing it - I don't get why Hennessy is getting so much flak for it.
Red Duke
Shade wrote:I just can't believe how out of proportion this whole thing has been blown. Many comedians on TV have mocked the Nazi salute and Hitler doing it - I don't get why Hennessy is getting so much flak for it.
I am sure in the context of the actual situation, it was down to a bit of football "banter" and should have been explained in that way.

The problem has been made worse with the explanation given. You and I know that this was utter nonsense and the FA falling for it, just made it worse.

In years gone by before the obsession with social media, nobody would be have been aware of it. I don't understand why anybody would want to share it?
Shade
It was a group photo, wasn't it? Someone just put it online to show they were all out having a good time. Whoever shared it probably didn't think it was going to be a problem at all.

I agree it's a stupid excuse, but it worked so you can see why he's done it. If he'd said it was banter and a stupid thing to do then he would have probably ended up with a ban or "substantial" fine.
asl
I was once in an IT workshop where the main supplier was Amdocs. A passing comment was made that "some little Hitler in Compliance will stop us doing that." You could've heard a pin drop...

I've also been on a conference call with a German based networks team and they were talking about troubleshooting a particular issue and then referred to the end-state of the investigation as being "ze Final Solution." That expression sounds so wrong in a German accent...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
longmover
Shade wrote:It was a group photo, wasn't it? Someone just put it online to show they were all out having a good time. Whoever shared it probably didn't think it was going to be a problem at all.

I agree it's a stupid excuse, but it worked so you can see why he's done it. If he'd said it was banter and a stupid thing to do then he would have probably ended up with a ban or "substantial" fine.
he needs to change the people he hangs around with then, if they thought that a Nazi salute 'was not going to be a problem' :shock: :roll: