Bury - 14 days

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Or expulsion.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49280328" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I mainly feel sorry for the Bury fan that used to come on here............ :P
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sad times.
longmover
As i've said before a club needs to disappear or there is no punishment for running a club out of its financial means, i should imagine there weren't too many Bury fans giving a rats arse about the finances when they got promoted. But they're a north west club with class of '92 connections so i presume they will be given more than enough chances.
longmover
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49356357" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

do the home teams Bury where to play get some compensation for these games not being played?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sure this cannot be allowed to continue.
Shade
longmover wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49356357

do the home teams Bury where to play get some compensation for these games not being played?
I doubt it but maybe if they are kicked out then their share of monies will be distributed between the other 23?
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Sure this cannot be allowed to continue.
you'd think there would be a limit on the amount of games the FA can suspended teams from playing, its all a bit shambolic and a mockery for the remaining teams in the league.
Shade
I think I recall the number 7, as to number of postponed league games before a team is kicked out for things like not being able to field a team. Obviously things like games being postponed because of weather don't count. They've currently had 5 league games postponed I think, up to next Tuesday? But the final decision will be between games 6 and 7 anyway.

Or I may have just made that up.
GL Rob
Sad situation. Time running out for Bury, who could be back in League Two next season: http://bit.ly/EFLOnBury" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Red Duke
GL Rob wrote:Sad situation. Time running out for Bury, who could be back in League Two next season: http://bit.ly/EFLOnBury" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I doubt it. They are on course for expulsion from EFL and will have to start at the bottom of the pyramid.

In the link you gave, it states

"Bury would then be free to make an application to the Football Association to re-join league competition further down the English football pyramid from season 2020/21."
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Doesn’t mention what will happen to L2 relegation/NL promotion.
Red Duke
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Doesn’t mention what will happen to L2 relegation/NL promotion.
If Bolton & Bury both go, then I would expect there to be no relegation from L2 and the ripple effect to go right through the pyramid.
Shade
I'd imagine that's right. Pretty sure they've already said it's one down if Bury are expelled.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Bury people begging for a hand out: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49414602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What for? To survive another year before going bust again during which time a proper club gets relegated instead?
longmover
that promotion was well worth it though, just think, reign the spending in and you may still have had a club
longmover
Here we go

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49438243" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A one off extension eh? and another one after that no doubt to tie up loose ends, the EFL are a joke.
kora
Their procedures to check on prospective owners of clubs certainly is, how did an asset stripping b#!#%#d like Dale get through their "rigorous" checking system. My heart goes out to the fans of clubs like Bury when arseholes like Dale are allowed to get into positions of power at these clubs. The EFL really need to take a long hard look at themselves.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Plenty more carpets to be bagged in 48 hours.
asl
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49458044" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
longmover
in consultation for ten weeks yet still need extended 48 hours to complete the sale
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:in consultation for ten weeks yet still need extended 48 hours to complete the sale
And the new bunch already blaming the EFL....

“It is disappointing the EFL has chosen to go for such a short extension, especially given this is a Bank Holiday weekend and our main legal adviser is unavailable until Wednesday.

We will, however, seek to gain answers to the main outstanding questions in the short time available but this does make the task much more challenging.

It would be a huge pity if the club were to fold because of lack of time to do the due diligence necessary for such a complicated scenario."

Already sound like a mob of arrogant spivs.
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
longmover wrote:in consultation for ten weeks yet still need extended 48 hours to complete the sale

“It is disappointing the EFL has chosen to go for such a short extension, especially given this is a Bank Holiday weekend and our main legal adviser is unavailable until Wednesday.

We will, however, seek to gain answers to the main outstanding questions in the short time available but this does make the task much more challenging.

It would be a huge pity if the club were to fold because of lack of time to do the due diligence necessary for such a complicated scenario."

Have you ever bought or sold a business? It takes months of legal agreements so I’m guessing you haven’t.
longmover
ten weeks in negotiation and they haven't got a brief in place that may need to work on a bank holiday :lol: not a great start is it, also why is this any of the EFL's fault?

I'd be very concerned of this lot if i were a bury fan
ctfc-fan
longmover wrote:ten weeks in negotiation and they haven't got a brief in place that may need to work on a bank holiday :lol: not a great start is it, also why is this any of the EFL's fault?

I'd be very concerned of this lot if i were a bury fan
I bought a business and it took 6 months to go from initial contact to signed deal and that was quick. 10 weeks of negotiations is nothing especially when they’re having to take on the existing debts.
longmover
fair enough, but to publicly blame the EFL and the bank holiday is very very amateur
longmover
well well well the spivs have been rumbled

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49486208" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
longmover
ctfc-fan wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

Have you ever bought or sold a business? It takes months of legal agreements so I’m guessing you haven’t.
the company that was going to purchase Bury is called C&N Sporting Risk Limited and their 2018 balance sheet showed assets of £181k, they need 2.7mill+ to finish the season, how has this offer got this far??? :? :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:
the company that was going to purchase Bury is called C&N Sporting Risk Limited and their 2018 balance sheet showed assets of £181k, they need 2.7mill+ to finish the season, how has this offer got this far??? :? :lol:
They were hoping to rinse the club. You take over the club debt. Restructure it so that you become a creditor, then get a CVA to get more money out than you put in and go through the whole charade again in six months.

Dale now saying give us 24 hours for new bidders to prove they have the money. Just end it now. Get these crooks out of the game and issue a warning to other clubs: crooks and spivs WILL be stopped from destroying clubs. Enough is enough.
ctfc-fan
longmover wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: And the new bunch already blaming the EFL....

They apparently have shown financial backing to the EFL. It appears that the C is Alistair Campbell’s son and they are maybe thinking of using the Moneyball Approach whereby their analysis of players and risk can hopefully show up a different way of success.
longmover
crooks and spivs
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Dale’s son-in-law on the make too, trying to claim £7m owed to the previous owner:

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
Bury buried, according to Sky News:

https://news.sky.com/story/three-new-ta ... s-11795507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
Confirmed by the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49451896" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Bolton given two weeks. Time for a couple more 5-0 hammerings for their kids team.

When/if they are kicked out the EFL as well does that mean there will be no relegation from L2?
asl
I have sympathy with the fans (maybe apart from the knob-head who used to come on here twice a year...) - but generally lack sympathy with any club who gamble their finances, spending money they haven't got, chasing the dream.

Sorry, Bury FC: you were architects of your own demise and the blame lays squarely in the hands of those running the club.