Bulgaria

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Shocking. Disgraceful scenes.

Perhaps UEFA should dish out another punishment like stopping them selling 5000 of the seats? That'll teach 'em.

Openly giving Nazi salutes and making monkey chants at the black players. Why were they allowed to leave? Why were they not arrested in situ? I kept hearing that the were 'ejected from the ground' at half time - but it looked to me that they left of their own accord.
Shade
I thought they just walked out too because they were 3 and 4-0 down before the break. A large group just seemed to casually stroll out whilst making gestures.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:I thought they just walked out too because they were 3 and 4-0 down before the break. A large group just seemed to casually stroll out whilst making gestures.
It was after the warnings the game would be stopped. I guess once they realised they couldn’t be Nazis with impunity they decided to go elsewhere.
leohoenig
I have no doubt that UEFA will stick up a few fines and possibly close the stadium for a game or two. But on its own that will not solve the problem. Once the dust clears, I hope UEFA will also start working with the BFU and the Bulgarian government to help them in identifying offenders and in prosecuting them.

While the Bulgarian government and UEFA do nothing but blame the BFU, then it is not difficult for the small minority to get away with this
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
leohoenig wrote:I have no doubt that UEFA will stick up a few fines and possibly close the stadium for a game or two. But on its own that will not solve the problem. Once the dust clears, I hope UEFA will also start working with the BFU and the Bulgarian government to help them in identifying offenders and in prosecuting them.

While the Bulgarian government and UEFA do nothing but blame the BFU, then it is not difficult for the small minority to get away with this
Arrests being made by police. And it is revealed that stewards were actually part of the neo-Nazi group and took their high-viz bibs off to join them:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50066016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;