Meadow Park

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Work began today on the stadium site in Gloucester.

Plenty of pictures of diggers in the mud on Twitter.

I hope it is seen through to completion.
Andrew GCAFC Fan
Hello, Andrew GCAFC Fan. Construction at New Meadow Park progressing. Initially had 30 workers on Site, due to current restrictions, have 6. 2 terraced stands behind each goal completed. Work underway on the two 350 seater stands either side of the existing Clubhouse. Clubhouse has been gutted and being refurbished, work currently halted with that as does not meet 2m Safe Distancing criteria. New Meadow Park construction taking shape. Stay Safe!!!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Estimated completion date?
Andrew GCAFC Fan
Under normal circumstances, the Stadium was due to be completed by Pre Season. Would have had Pre Season matches at New Meadow Park. Could have an agreement to maybe Groundshare at Bath City FC, (if needed), as Evesham United no longer meets the Ground Grading Criteria. Stadium could be completed a few months into new season, or sooner than that. Difficult to say under current circumstances. Other Factors dictating with Sport.
Andrew GCAFC Fan
Went to have a look at New Meadow Park this morning. Stadium taking shape, both seated stands have seats installed, being next to the site, get a view of the back of the T-End stand and the side of one of the seated stands. This was the 2nd stand to have the seats installed. Looking on Twitter, the seated stands look good. It looks bigger being there compared to looking at the photos on the Blog. I believe it is going to have a bigger pitch. Work continuing in the Clubhouse, there is going to be an outside standing area looking out onto the pitch. Be unreal going back to the Clubhouse, Bar 1883 will be different. Possible start of season date of September, construction of New Meadow Park going in the right direction.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andrew GCAFC Fan wrote:Went to have a look at New Meadow Park this morning. Stadium taking shape, both seated stands have seats installed, being next to the site, get a view of the back of the T-End stand and the side of one of the seated stands. This was the 2nd stand to have the seats installed. Looking on Twitter, the seated stands look good. It looks bigger being there compared to looking at the photos on the Blog. I believe it is going to have a bigger pitch. Work continuing in the Clubhouse, there is going to be an outside standing area looking out onto the pitch. Be unreal going back to the Clubhouse, Bar 1883 will be different. Possible start of season date of September, construction of New Meadow Park going in the right direction.
Any thoughts on the idea of the Exiled Trophy? A little pre-season event with GCFC, Ciren, FGR, Evesham and CTFC?
Andrew GCAFC Fan
That could be a good idea. Tournament could be held at a different ground each year. Do something like the Emirates Cup Tournament, league format. Play so many of the other teams. More goals scored, more league points etc.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andrew GCAFC Fan wrote:That could be a good idea. Tournament could be held at a different ground each year. Do something like the Emirates Cup Tournament, league format. Play so many of the other teams. More goals scored, more league points etc.
Glad you think so. The Emirates Cup approach is a good idea. I think it would be a nice touch for the inaugural season at the new ground - most football fans in the Shire would be keen to welcome City back home.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I see the Gloucester manager has to pay to go to games :lol:

“What I love about this club is the fact when I reviewed the Season tickets names last night, I noticed Trevor King (Treasurer), James Rowe (First team manager), Steve Harvey (Vice), Dave Jones (Bar and General Manager), Mim Mitchell (Board secretary), Brian McGurk, Eamonn McGurk and myself had all brought season tickets … I can’t imagine too many clubs where everyone does this!”

http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/aps-meadow-park-blog/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SHANDY VOR
Sam, once again you are misinterpreting the situation, and putting a spin on to try and belittle our club.

James Rowe does not HAVE to pay to go to games, he has CHOSEN to buy a season ticket to give something back to the club. It may not even be for him, and even it was then it might be a ticket that is available for friends / family. Very different from what you are saying.

If you want anyone to take your views on here seriously you've got to stop making these false assumptions. #RCSFakeViews
paperboy
I have read a few of the chairman's weekly Twitter blogs and they make for a fascinating read.
It's great to keep the fans updated and in the loop to a degree.
He seems to imply that he is thinking about an exit strategy though.

Our chairman seems to prefer to keep a much lower profile. That's not meant as a criticism btw.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote:I have read a few of the chairman's weekly Twitter blogs and they make for a fascinating read.
It's great to keep the fans updated and in the loop to a degree.
He seems to imply that he is thinking about an exit strategy though.

Our chairman seems to prefer to keep a much lower profile. That's not meant as a criticism btw.
Yes the last one was definitely previewing his exit. No reason why not as he has worked tirelessly to get the stadium done so entitled to go when and how he wants.

My only concern would be how strict he is on insisting on the loan repayments he talks about as that could be problematic if the club is struggling - not that I think it will be struggling.
Andrew GCAFC Fan
This evening, New Meadow Park had its first game of football after 13 years away. It was GCAFC Youth Vs Cirencester Town Youth in the FA Youth Cup. City were 2-0 up at half time.
Went to New Meadow Park last Saturday as a volunteer as part of a painting party. Impressed at what has been built, when you think what was there in January.
Season due to start on Sat 3rd Oct, (FA Cup tie). Then Tue 6th Oct, first league game home to Kettering Town. But after recent Covid announcements, it could alter.
Hubert Parry
Great stuff. I wish Gloucester all the best. I would much rather then be a league rival than the chancers up the hill.
Shade
And now you have Kevin Dawson to play there. A real coup, if he stays fit.

I hope he got paid enough by FGR last year to justify his drop to that level and he isn't thinking "I really should have signed that new deal at Cheltenham..."
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Kevin Dawson there, cannot be cheap.

AP says the playing budget is based on 1,000 fans in the ground on matchdays, or 1,300 in fact if you add his 850 paying customers requirement to 450 ST. Whichever it is, it sounds very ambitious. I hope it doesn’t go sour if that target isn’t reached.

http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/aps-meadow-park-blog/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;