Ukraine v England officials.

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
90% German.
Jodi Jones (@JodsJones) tweeted at 9:28 pm on Thu, Jul 01, 2021:
Is this a joke? #ENG #UKR #EURO2020 https://t.co/vonjH5JyXu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(https://twitter.com/JodsJones/status/14 ... 98016?s=03" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) 
asl
90% German and 100% professional.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Is 90% German more or less than our Royal Family?
Shade
Time for the ref to get revenge for the retarded individuals and mobs that like to abuse little German girls and boo anthems (not that we are the only ones that do that mind - although you would think so from the reaction to Tuesday. I couldn't even count how often GSTQ has been booed by oppo fans over the years. Pretty sure I even heard quite a few Scots jerring it at Wembley a couple of weeks ago).
Nesty
I boo GSTQ and press the mute button. Ridiculous god awful song about a personage and bugger all to do with England
asl
Did anyone even notice the referee on the pitch last night? Easiest gig any ref has ever had, I reckon...
Red Duke
Nesty wrote:I boo GSTQ and press the mute button. Ridiculous god awful song about a personage and bugger all to do with England
That is the problem. It is the National Anthem for the former British Empire and not for England but has become synonymous with it . This is why many people resent it.

They need to change it to something more appropriate, like the Scots did for Flower of Scotland that was written in 1960's and used by national teams from the 1990's.

England should look to do something similar.
Shade
I agree that it's time to change the National Anthem...Jerusalem is the overwhelmingly popular choice it seems (followed by Land of Hope & Glory, which is used by way too many other countries in one way or another), when a poll was done a while back, but it would need to be an edited/remixed version as it's too long and goes on a bit for the purposes of a National Anthem. Although, technically, England doesn't actually have a national anthem at all - we just use Great Britain & NI's. At the commonwealth games, however, an abridged version of Jerusalem is used when England win a gold, and England cricket has kind of taken it as an unofficial anthem., but still use GSTQ at official events like the World Cup.

BUT...GSTQ is our National Anthem. The Queen/King in the lyrics essentially means our country - as long as the King or Queen are happy and glorious, the country is supposedly happy and glorious, etc. If you have trouble with the monarchy, just pretend it's about England instead of a person. Booing it is retarded, and it's been very nice seeing the England players all singing with a bit of pride before the games this summer.
Shade
asl wrote:Did anyone even notice the referee on the pitch last night? Easiest gig any ref has ever had, I reckon...
He riled me with the slow use of his whistle at the end of each half... It was like he couldn't be arsed. Instead of 3 quick blasts of the whistle to signal the end it was pip (wait a couple of seconds) pip (wait a few more seconds) piiiip. Awful.

;)
longmover
Nesty wrote:I boo GSTQ and press the mute button. Ridiculous god awful song about a personage and bugger all to do with England
lol :lol: surely easier just to do nothing and let the 15 - 20 seconds of a song play out rather than boo and mute.

:lol: