CTFC vs Cambridge United Sat 14th March 2020

Run by Shade

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin, Shade

theidlerich
CTFC vs Cambridge United Sat 14th March 2020

....as said earlier.....We sorely missed those two [Tozer & Varney] - agreed. As a result we were rather "lost at sea" for most of the time. Toothless up front and lightweight in midfield. Thought the defence coped admirably at 'short notice'. Evans kicking needs practise! Hussy has a rare off day; Broom far better on the right linking up with Long. Perhaps lucky to come away with the point; although we missed an open goal at the end [...yes Smith it was... - thought he just missed it from my view]! Play-offs suspect, will be 50:50 now.
An interesting game though; thought PV were quick, forceful and decent rapid passing. We were slower to pass, clear or any real decisive action. Long balls hoofed up either went astray or were headed back to their midfield or forwards; rather a wasted tactic; so why didn't we change? Still feel we are short of quality if we are to challenge for play-offs; Reid, Smith decent but not players who are up to a top four challenging squad. My view!

Only RCS scored a miserable 5 points with a more realistic assessment. OTC will be smiling!

Cambridge away with the number of injuries, I would hope for a draw; 1-1 with May to score.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The one thing we have seen in the last 2-3 months is that we bounce back after a poor outing. I don’t believe we will regress back to an October/November style stale run of draws. We will be back on it at Cambridge.

A 2-0 win with May to score. I will be there to see it assuming no overreacting policy makers panic about Coronavirus and ban me and others from travelling to the match.
pas
Win
Cambridge 0 CTFC 1
May
The Old TomCat
If the game goes ahead!:

Cambridge 1-2 Cheltenham
May
asl
Win
0-2
Boyle
Red Duke
Win
1-2
Broom
cliffy90
Win
Cambridge 1-2 CTFC
May
Shade
CUFC P-P CTFC

What do I win? :)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:CUFC P-P CTFC

6 pack of Corona.
theidlerich
Shade wrote:CUFC P-P CTFC

Self isolate for seven days......... :)
theidlerich
However rather more seriously I will now suspend this competition until 'normal service' is resumed. Assuming we are all still here - wish everyone well.
The Old TomCat
theidlerich wrote:However rather more seriously I will now suspend this competition until 'normal service' is resumed. Assuming we are all still here - wish everyone well.
Yes you were quite right in saying I had a happy smile on my face for most of week. [1st post]
Winning away to league leaders is always fun.

Thanks for the 'wish everybody well'. Much appreciated.
I would also like to echo those words plus good luck, good fortune and good health to all.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:However rather more seriously I will now suspend this competition until 'normal service' is resumed. Assuming we are all still here - wish everyone well.
Void the competition and reset all scores to zero. We can start from zero for the last few games if they are ever played.
theidlerich
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Void the competition and reset all scores to zero. We can start from zero for the last few games if they are ever played.

Good try RCS but no chance! :)
It looks like the drop to the conference for you.....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Seen sense yet tir? Null and void.
theidlerich
Hi all,
Trust all are safe and well and social distancing to get that R below 0.5. Until then and the arrival of a vaccine we will not be destined to meet.
Missed the piece on local tv news re Robins.
Have not really taken any notice of news from League type officials; as GCCC cricket not on my agenda, sadly and with all this superb sunshine too, have given up sport and reading about it!
Even if some games rescheduled in the distant future, I will still be in isolation! :(
Perhaps a further update in several day time.......
Shade
You're gonna have to do a weighted PPG final table...who got more points on away games, etc.

Good luck with that, something to take up some time :lol: :shock:
theidlerich
That had crossed my mind......any-day now I'll post the amended final table.
Trust we will finish 4th though....... to start any games after such a long 'lay-off' would be very unfair. Also still too dangerous - don't listen to the Daily briefings otherwise known as 'deceit of the day'!
R= 0.2 before any sensible movement.....further until and unless a vaccine is found [not a certainty] I'm in lockdown! :(