Register    Login    Search    FAQ

CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » NON FOOTY/JOKES ETC

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Great documentary: The Mole: Infiltrating North Korea
 Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020, 08:50 

Watched both parts of this last night. A real life documentary stranger than fiction. Absolutely gripping viewing and a must watch for anyone interested in the global shadow economy, the murky world of international relations and trade etc.

Some of it is beyond belief and I would not have thought credible if I read it in a Le Carre!

“The Mole: Infiltrating North Korea
A real-life undercover thriller about two ordinary men who embark on an outrageously dangerous ten-year mission to penetrate the world’s most secretive and brutal dictatorship: North Korea.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/ ... orth-korea

Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Great documentary: The Mole: Infiltrating North Korea
 Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020, 15:25 

RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Watched both parts of this last night. A real life documentary stranger than fiction. Absolutely gripping viewing and a must watch for anyone interested in the global shadow economy, the murky world of international relations and trade etc.

Some of it is beyond belief and I would not have thought credible if I read it in a Le Carre!

“The Mole: Infiltrating North Korea
A real-life undercover thriller about two ordinary men who embark on an outrageously dangerous ten-year mission to penetrate the world’s most secretive and brutal dictatorship: North Korea.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/ ... orth-korea
Love Storyville.
Watch the first part now.

Sent from my F104Bv2_PRO using Tapatalk

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020, 16:51 

Just seen the first part, excellent. I got nervous when the leader of the KFA, Alejandro, produced the bug detector.
Highly recommended, great television.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020, 18:28 

Malabus wrote:
Just seen the first part, excellent. I got nervous when the leader of the KFA, Alejandro, produced the bug detector.

Glad you enjoyed it Mal. You’re right that the ending of Part 1 was a gripping cliff hanger.

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020, 19:50 

Malabus wrote:

Glad you enjoyed it Mal. You’re right that the ending of Part 1 was a gripping cliff hanger.
The proposed five million USD to purchase the island located on Lake Victoria, Uganda and the cruel plan to move the 1000 inhabitants was absolutely disgusting. Then the pastor who conducted the deal went to the congregation and said a prayer with them. Just imagine the stories we dont hear, money is the true source of evil.

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020, 20:00 

Malabus wrote:
Malabus wrote:

The proposed five million USD to purchase the island located on Lake Victoria, Uganda and the cruel plan to move the 1000 inhabitants was absolutely disgusting. Then the pastor who conducted the deal went to the congregation and said a prayer with them. Just imagine the stories we dont hear, money is the true source of evil.

Yeah completely. That was shocking. Makes you wonder how many such deals and developments like that have actually happened?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » THE NEST » NON FOOTY/JOKES ETC