Register    Login    Search    FAQ

CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » NON FOOTY/JOKES ETC

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Summer ruined again already (for cricket fans)
 Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021, 07:50 

So a few hours of looking forward to the summer again until new bombshell news broke this morning.

The Hundred cricket tournament is back with a vengeance. Fixtures and player selections being made today.

I was hoping Covid had killed it off.

Can we not vaccinate ourselves against this mutant variant of the sport?

Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Summer ruined again already (for cricket fans)
 Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021, 10:54 

:lol:

No way, the ECB aren't going to let a potential new cash cow slip away that easily.

Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021, 11:51 

Some of us have only begrudgingly accepted the ODI format...

Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021, 11:45 

As one of many GCCC members boycotting the '100 garbage'; I certainly hope it falls flat. Problem being the media coverage will be right in ones face [rather similar to Brexit and Toryism - easily led sheep...etc]. Grass root support is minimal; with most against it. It complicates an already overcrowded - short - season. When crucial games are played in mid to late September it is plainly ridiculous.
I don't mind the 20/20; it is a money spinner to county sides; my personnel distaste is that the majority of 'new' fans watching these games are there solely to consume alcohol in excessive quantities spoiling the enjoyment for others. Having witnessed numerous instances of inebriated idiots causing mayhem, and thereby causing distress to family groups [especially with younger children[, I am less inclined to attend. Better stewarding and quicker ejection of those required - the inebriated ones, not families!
I do however enjoy the atmosphere at Cheltenham where such problems seem to be less.

Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021, 12:20 

theidlerich wrote:
As one of many GCCC members boycotting the '100 garbage'; I certainly hope it falls flat. Problem being the media coverage will be right in ones face [rather similar to Brexit and Toryism - easily led sheep...etc]. Grass root support is minimal; with most against it. It complicates an already overcrowded - short - season. When crucial games are played in mid to late September it is plainly ridiculous.
I don't mind the 20/20; it is a money spinner to county sides; my personnel distaste is that the majority of 'new' fans watching these games are there solely to consume alcohol in excessive quantities spoiling the enjoyment for others. Having witnessed numerous instances of inebriated idiots causing mayhem, and thereby causing distress to family groups [especially with younger children[, I am less inclined to attend. Better stewarding and quicker ejection of those required - the inebriated ones, not families!
I do however enjoy the atmosphere at Cheltenham where such problems seem to be less.

At Chester-le-Street they often have a family/alcohol free stand, which I try and get tickets for; most recently the England vs NZ group game in the World Cup. It makes the whole thing more enjoyable without the intolerable louts ruining it.

But yes, I also hope the Hundred fails and crashes and burns miserably. There is no team fot me to support or be interested in.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » THE NEST » NON FOOTY/JOKES ETC