Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » NON FOOTY/JOKES ETC




Author Message
 Post subject: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 22 May 2013, 23:18 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 08:54
Posts: 1247
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
A terrible attack on a young man, but I will be careful what I say because I don’t want to get myself or the site into any trouble.

But can anyone explain something that I found absolutely astonishing when I watched the news and the footage that was shown of the incident, a black guy with hands covered in blood holding a machete was ranting political statements at a member of the public filming him, when an elderly black woman obviously out shopping just saunters past the guy ranting within inches of him as though nothing had happened.

This is in no way a racist statement I am just quoting exactly what I watched on the news, my brain just couldn’t understand why the women wasn’t running down the road screaming, I think if anyone can answer why this woman acted this way then they would start to explain what is going wrong in this country.

The action of the two black guys was frightening, the reaction of some of the people in the street was scary.


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 22 May 2013, 23:47 
Offline

Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 02:56
Posts: 4372
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times
I wondered that too. Also a worry was why did it take 30 min for a police armed response unit to get there. This really did cross a line today.. EDL out tonight, summer coming. There's going to be trouble


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 22 May 2013, 23:53 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 11:29
Posts: 3091
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
What really frightens me is that loads of people on my Facebook timeline are saying they're going to vote UKIP after watching the video where the guy clearly has a British accent.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 01:53 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 11981
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Brits being beheaded on our streets. It will get worse. I have been warning people for over a 15 years that our borders are freely open for mass immigration and the outcome will be civil war, because we have had a weak British government for the last 20 years.
Anglo Saxons are being pushed into the sea, we are slowly being eradicated and people are afraid to fight back because they do not want to be labelled as a racist (a word overly used far too often by the evil left wing idiots) there are 100's of 'no go areas' for white British people in the majority of OUR cities. It's about time people got real and fought for their nation like our forefathers did and sacrificed their lives for US.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 02:17 
Offline

Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 02:56
Posts: 4372
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Malabus wrote:
Brits being beheaded on our streets. It will get worse. I have been warning people for over a 15 years that our borders are freely open for mass immigration and the outcome will be civil war, because we have had a weak British government for the last 20 years.
Anglo Saxons are being pushed into the sea, we are slowly being eradicated and people are afraid to fight back because they do not want to be labelled as a racist (a word overly used far too often by the evil left wing idiots) there are 100's of 'no go areas' for white British people in the majority of OUR cities. It's about time people got real and fought for their nation like our forefathers did and sacrificed their lives for US.


Im with you Mal!


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 06:28 
 
Me to and l dont care what anyone else thinks of me .Look at Crime Watch the vast majority are not white British criminals.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 07:19 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19883
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Trickster, even in Islington where I lived, if people saw people taking drugs or punching people on a bus, or saw people raiding a shop the general policy was casually walk by as if nothing happened. A few people have been stabbed trying to intervene so that's put people off doing anything else. In South East London I suspect the every day incidences of crime are much worse and more violent so their equivalent of walking past a gang of kids is walking past a loon with a machete.


CV -but they may be British nonetheless. Will you deport all non-white people even if they and their parents were born here.

As for the attack. Horrific and barbaric and no excuse. But obviously the work of a fanatic minority.

However, only yesterday the news reported on the number of homophobic attacks and the fact two women a week are killed in domestic violence in the uk. Not to mention racist attacks by white people. The stats will show white chavs commit the majority of these attacks.

Don't see many threads on here criticising and ranting against those. I don't mind opinions but I despise hypocrisy.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 07:48 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 12:24
Posts: 2664
Location: In The Wymans (sipping a Panda Pop)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Absolutely horrific. Was shocked to hear about this.

Whilst the act is disgusting and terrible, people are now under the impression that anyone who is Muslim is a terrorist, because the three guys ALLEGEDLY shouted "Allah Akbar" as they walked off.
Last night I was disgusted to see people on fb saying that "all Muslims should be shipped out on a banana boat".
There's a difference between a Muslim and a Muslim extremist.

However, this guy has some interesting points.
Muslim leaders will go on TV and say how terrible it is and it's disgusting, however they will not go back and teach the new generation of Muslims that the actions of today were wrong.
He also highlights and asks the question, why are the british troops still in Muslim countries such as Iraq and Afghanistan, because if they weren't this would decrease the terrorist attacks.

http://youtu.be/DaN7quv48jk


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 08:30 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2011, 10:09
Posts: 1311
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
http://www.irr.org.uk/news/deaths-with- ... 0-onwards/


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 10:43 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 10136
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Hubert Parry wrote:
http://www.irr.org.uk/news/deaths-with-a-known-or-suspected-racial-element-2000-onwards/


That's one side of the argument, even if some of those say "The jury found it wasn't racially motivated". Where's the list of white Brits killed in Britain by non-white Brits? And don't tell me there isn't one...


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 10:48 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2011, 10:09
Posts: 1311
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I am not denying that there is a list. The point is that trouble exists in his country regardless of immigration, and that attacks such as one yesterday are being exploited to enhance anti-immigration, ethnocentric and xenophobic arguments.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 10:53 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 10136
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
You say trouble exists in this country regardless of immigration, yet the list you linked to wouldn't exist if there was no immigration because those people wouldn't have been in the country and therefore wouldn't have been killed?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 11:08 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2011, 10:09
Posts: 1311
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
My list was posted as an antidote to the arguments that all of Britain's problems come from abroad.

Are you suggesting that this government's policy should be based on the views of our extremist elements? Perhaps we should also execute all criminals, bankers, politicians, and all elements that have the potential to make conflict remotely possible in society?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 11:32 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 08:54
Posts: 1247
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Si Robin wrote:
What really frightens me is that loads of people on my Facebook timeline are saying they're going to vote UKIP after watching the video where the guy clearly has a British accent.


I wrote UKIP off as crank pots, the problem I now have is they say the right things for me regarding immigration etc, if they would actually implement their policies if voted in that maybe a different matter, the Tories seem impotent when it comes to doing anything about it and Labour seem too quick to embrace people coming into the country, I could be wrong on both counts it’s just my thoughts.

I am not a political animal that’s for sure, I always vote but never have long debates over politics because I do not feel strongly enough about any party, I think that most of them are in it for what they can get out of it.

My fear now is that there will be reprisals and some innocent Muslim could be killed, I hope it doesn’t happen.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 11:37 
Offline

Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 02:56
Posts: 4372
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Trickster, even in Islington where I lived, if people saw people taking drugs or punching people on a bus, or saw people raiding a shop the general policy was casually walk by as if nothing happened. A few people have been stabbed trying to intervene so that's put people off doing anything else. In South East London I suspect the every day incidences of crime are much worse and more violent so their equivalent of walking past a gang of kids is walking past a loon with a machete.


CV -but they may be British nonetheless. Will you deport all non-white people even if they and their parents were born here.

As for the attack. Horrific and barbaric and no excuse. But obviously the work of a fanatic minority.

However, only yesterday the news reported on the number of homophobic attacks and the fact two women a week are killed in domestic violence in the uk. Not to mention racist attacks by white people. The stats will show white chavs commit the majority of these attacks.

Don't see many threads on here criticising and ranting against those. I don't mind opinions but I despise hypocrisy.


Thats no excuse. Its time to get these radical preachers of hate in this mosques out. Its time to send them back to where ever they came from. All these people that stand with placards hating on the UK and being here "saying death to soldiers etc", its time to deal with them. Lock em all up on an island somewhere..
There were some that tried to kidnap a soldier and behead him in Birmingham in 07 but it was stopped and they were jailed. These preachers of hate are brainwashing people here. This is going to get worse and the Gov need to deal with it now because if they don't, the people will

If the proper muslim preachers really care about this country, they need to stand up and take on these radical terrorist preachers. They need to preach to their people against them and start making a stand or it will get out of hand and totally out of control


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 11:39 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 10136
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Hubert Parry wrote:
My list was posted as an antidote to the arguments that all of Britain's problems come from abroad.

Are you suggesting that this government's policy should be based on the views of our extremist elements? Perhaps we should also execute all criminals, bankers, politicians, and all elements that have the potential to make conflict remotely possible in society?


No, I was merely pointing out that your comment seemed ambiguous. I'm not saying anything about government policies.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 12:47 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 08:54
Posts: 1247
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Trickster, even in Islington where I lived, if people saw people taking drugs or punching people on a bus, or saw people raiding a shop the general policy was casually walk by as if nothing happened. A few people have been stabbed trying to intervene so that's put people off doing anything else. In South East London I suspect the every day incidences of crime are much worse and more violent so their equivalent of walking past a gang of kids is walking past a loon with a machete.


RCS I know what you are saying but if an elderly woman isn’t frightened when a maniac is on the corner of the street with hands covered in blood, and a body lying in the road and she is in no way terrified then there is no hope for any of us.

My point is it would be worth interviewing her and finding out her thoughts on what happened, it could be she thought that they were making a film or something, I can only think she didn’t realise the extent of what had happened.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 13:17 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 12:24
Posts: 2664
Location: In The Wymans (sipping a Panda Pop)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
This is the repercussion of invading Iraq and Afghanistan.
Did the government really think that the extremists of these countries would not retaliate and just go about their everyday lives and not attack us?

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
George Carlin


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 13:22 
 
Shade wrote:
You say trouble exists in this country regardless of immigration, yet the list you linked to wouldn't exist if there was no immigration because those people wouldn't have been in the country and therefore wouldn't have been killed?


I haven't examined the list intently but would I be right that you are assuming that you are basing your point on their name. People who change over to Islam, a genuine and generally peaceful religion, often change their name to one that I suppose you would call a Islamic name.

I would be interested to know from those of you who are calling for a cessation of immigration what would happen to those 'immigrants' that are already in this country? What would you class as immigrants, for example the grand children of West Indians who immigrated in the 60's, Australians, Kiwis, etc

As for religion I would remind you of the trouble in Northern Ireland that had its roots in Christian religions, Protestants and Catholics (which England was until Rome would not annul a Henry VIII marriage)


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 13:23 
 
Pie wrote:
This is the repercussion of invading Iraq and Afghanistan.
Did the government really think that the extremists of these countries would not retaliate and just go about their everyday lives and not attack us?

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
George Carlin


But these assailants were English born!


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 13:23 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19883
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
In other news:


Dale Cregan, the one-eyed man who killed two policewomen, has admitted the murders of a father and son.

The 29-year-old had already admitted murdering the two female officers in Hattersley, Greater Manchester, last September, changing his pleas to guilty in the second week of his trial at Preston Crown Court.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... d-son.html

Ralph - where do you want to send this guy?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 13:25 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19883
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Ralph wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Trickster, even in Islington where I lived, if people saw people taking drugs or punching people on a bus, or saw people raiding a shop the general policy was casually walk by as if nothing happened. A few people have been stabbed trying to intervene so that's put people off doing anything else. In South East London I suspect the every day incidences of crime are much worse and more violent so their equivalent of walking past a gang of kids is walking past a loon with a machete.


CV -but they may be British nonetheless. Will you deport all non-white people even if they and their parents were born here.

As for the attack. Horrific and barbaric and no excuse. But obviously the work of a fanatic minority.

However, only yesterday the news reported on the number of homophobic attacks and the fact two women a week are killed in domestic violence in the uk. Not to mention racist attacks by white people. The stats will show white chavs commit the majority of these attacks.

Don't see many threads on here criticising and ranting against those. I don't mind opinions but I despise hypocrisy.


Its time to send them back to where ever they came l


So, out of the Mosque and back to Birmingham or Bradford general maternity wards???


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 13:27 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 12:24
Posts: 2664
Location: In The Wymans (sipping a Panda Pop)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RTT wrote:
Pie wrote:
This is the repercussion of invading Iraq and Afghanistan.
Did the government really think that the extremists of these countries would not retaliate and just go about their everyday lives and not attack us?

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
George Carlin


But these assailants were English born!


It doesn't matter where they were born, extremists are extremists and will follow their beliefs.
If they believe that the UK are punishing them by killing other Muslims, some of whom are innocent, over in a country that isn't ours, then of course they will take action.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 13:28 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 10136
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RTT wrote:
Shade wrote:
You say trouble exists in this country regardless of immigration, yet the list you linked to wouldn't exist if there was no immigration because those people wouldn't have been in the country and therefore wouldn't have been killed?


I haven't examined the list intently but would I be right that you are assuming that you are basing your point on their name. People who change over to Islam, a genuine and generally peaceful religion, often change their name to one that I suppose you would call a Islamic name.



Partly that and because the ones that don't have foreign sounding names pretty clearly make out that the person was from South Africa, or had a half-Somali mother, etc, which makes it clear to me that everyone on that list that has been killed was either non-white or had a non-British accent. Similarly, I'm assuming everyone they say committed the "racially aggravated murders" was white and born in the UK, as that is what the list implies.


Last edited by Shade on 23 May 2013, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 13:31 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19883
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
interesting


Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 23 May 2013, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 13:32 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 10136
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
What the hell are you talking about?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 13:37 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19883
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Shade wrote:
What the hell are you talking about?


Not sure so removed by post - was impossible to know who was arguing what


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 13:38 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 10136
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Thank you, because it was very wide of the mark.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 13:47 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19883
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Shade wrote:
Thank you, because it was very wide of the mark.


Apols for that.

All recently convicted murderers. A whole mix, but predominantly white male

http://www.britishmurders.co.uk/search. ... 1369313092


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 14:14 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:56
Posts: 3510
Location: Crewe station buffet, wish I'd stayed there!
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Ralph wrote:
I wondered that too. Also a worry was why did it take 30 min for a police armed response unit to get there. This really did cross a line today.. EDL out tonight, summer coming. There's going to be trouble

According to the police statement it took 14 minutes for the first armed officers to attend the scene which is pretty reasonable when you consider there are only 6 armed patrols to cover the whole of London, 3 north of the Thames and 3 for the south. Also as the assailants had guns armed officers must be the first to attend any scene.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 14:44 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:55
Posts: 567
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Copied and pasted from elsewhere...
Quote:
My main issue with UKIP is they remind me so much of the what the Nazi party was in the 1920s way before they got so far as mass murder. Mixture of smaller groups combine to one party in a country in financial turmoil, putting the blame on the rest of Europe and immigrants.
Disgruntled and desperate population votes for them on promises of wealth and prosperity eventually leading to an almost religious belief that they are something special whilst all the while their politicians and military are concealing the fact they are committing genocide.


C.V wrote:
Me to and l dont care what anyone else thinks of me .Look at Crime Watch the vast majority are not white British criminals.


I don't know if you are correct but the real question you have to ask is WHY? Surely you are sensible enough to know that this is not a genetic realisation. People are a product of their environment, and most of these people, despite the colour of their skin, are English/British.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 14:51 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:56
Posts: 3510
Location: Crewe station buffet, wish I'd stayed there!
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
What I do not understand about the actual attack is that it happened right outside an army barracks so why didn't the soldiers on duty in there come out and sort the killers out themselves, had they done so we wouldn't now be having to guard two men in hospital nor pay for a trial, just a couple of burials.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 16:12 
 
taxidave wrote:
What I do not understand about the actual attack is that it happened right outside an army barracks so why didn't the soldiers on duty in there come out and sort the killers out themselves, had they done so we wouldn't now be having to guard two men in hospital nor pay for a trial, just a couple of burials.


This has been bought up on Sky News and apparently they would not have been able to see the incident from their main gate and I believe, at the time, was manned by civilian personnel.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 17:23 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 11981
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
The victim has a 2 year old son.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Woolwich attack, please explain.
 Post Posted: 23 May 2013, 17:28 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 10136
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
"According to BBC sources, Mr Adebolajo, a Briton of Nigerian descent, comes from a devout Christian family but took up Islam after leaving college in 2001.

In other developments:

The Metropolitan Police said police officers arrived within nine minutes of the first 999 call and armed officers were there within 14 minutes"


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 4 [ 110 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next




Board index » THE NEST » NON FOOTY/JOKES ETC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: