SHOCKING : Religious Discrimination.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... uslim.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hardly.

"The Islamic account is available to all customers at Lloyds TSB. In theory, anyone who does not need a permanent overdraft facility could switch to this account to avoid being hit by interest charges for going into the red."

If you do need an overdraft or keep spending over£100 in the red then your issue should be why do banks charge such massive fees? If you don't need an overdraft this is a non-issue. You can get non-Islamic accounts which block you overspending in the same way and they are very sensible.

I'm personally glad not to have a Sharia Law account on my savings - means I make interest on my savings - I don't consider discrimination in my favour as Muslims by choice don't earn interest. Same way some people sign up to an account that charges them loads to go into debt without authorisation.

More of a case of banks exploiting people who have to go into such unplanned debt than a religious issue. Once again the Mail using Islam as a cover for no real political will for pressing for real reform of banks customer service.
TechSupport
The thing is as well, this has been known for many many months, not just recently identified because of booklets being issued pointing out the fees, so you have to ask, why are they suddenly reporting it?
Joey
TechSupport wrote:The thing is as well, this has been known for many many months, not just recently identified because of booklets being issued pointing out the fees, so you have to ask, why are they suddenly reporting it?
Mal's on a crusade much like our ancestors many centuries ago.
Nesty
nothing fecking surprises me. In the village where I live someone we know has been refused planning application for an extension on his property, yet Mosques are being built all over the place. I suppose if we turned down a planning request from the Muslim society we would be accused of racism. I am not a racist but I cannot sit back and let US be discriminated against in our own country.
Shade
Good job I'm rich as f#!$ or this may have affected me.
asl
Crikey, Nesty - that's disgraceful. I mean, how many mosques does Alderton need???
C.V
asl wrote:Crikey, Nesty - that's disgraceful. I mean, how many mosques does Alderton need???

My mate Hamhead who lives in Alderton said theres some old crumblie still got his Xmas lights up dont know who he was meaning
Malabus
News from the Masjid, Barton St, Gloucester...The Mullah has banned all Xmas lights in Alderton. "The infidel lights hangers will feel hellfire and will not see 77 virgins willing and ready in the hereafter"
Ralph
there was a shock story by the mail yesterday that i cant find now that said about the changing populations in church in London. It had a pic of 10 people in church and muslims praying all the way out of their mosque into a carpark
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:there was a shock story by the mail yesterday that i cant find now that said about the changing populations in church in London. It had a pic of 10 people in church and muslims praying all the way out of their mosque into a carpark
Shared faith spaces are good in my opinion - Nesty should agree to as it would mean no mosques?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:nothing fecking surprises me. In the village where I live someone we know has been refused planning application for an extension on his property, yet Mosques are being built all over the place. I suppose if we turned down a planning request from the Muslim society we would be accused of racism. I am not a racist but I cannot sit back and let US be discriminated against in our own country.
Nesty - the government tried to help you our and make it easy to build conservatories, however it faced too much opposition - probably from MPs from, amongst other places, rural areas and the Cotswolds! Discussion on it here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/greenp ... llion.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, you have given a non-argument. Mosques, tower blocks, big car parks, etc etc - none of these will be given permission in a Gloucestershire village. Why do you think Mosques are always in urban areas, often tatty and poor ones.

It's a symptom of planning law, Nimbyism, lobbying and back-handers, and the difference between countryside and urban governance and nothing to do with religious discrimination.