Renderer / builder

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Can anyone recommend someone who could do some outdoor rendering? The piece above a downstairs window needs re-beading and rendering and we have a few other patches where a 'skin' has been applied that has blown and is no longer adhered to the wall. Seeing as I live in the South Cotswolds [ahem], I'm probably looking for someone based nearer Ciren or Swindon than Chelt. In addition, I'm considering replacing a badly frost-damaged patio and building a dwarf-wall around it and am looking for quotes for that, too. We're talking something in excess of 75sqm, and I really can't be arsed to do that myself...

I've called two locals: one simply wasn't interested and he may as well not have bothered wasting both our time coming out to look, the other seems perfectly competent but I feel his quotes may be a little on the high side (putting it mildly...)
Malabus
Try this website, it may help. http://www.ratedpeople.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pie
Send me a PM with your phone number and post code, I will pass it on to the gf's dad.
If he can't do it he will probably know someone who can.

Si
asl
Cheers, chaps.

I did have a look on checkatrade.com but was surprised how few people there are signed up to it. Maybe 'rendering' was too specific, but even searching 'patios / driveways / paths' only showed a couple within 20 miles of me. Plenty of both in Reading, though...!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Try this website, it may help. http://www.ratedpeople.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good site which I've had good experiences using.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
So another trades-person no-shows this evening.

Roof people were ok before we moved in, but since it took three different people to fit an oven after the first delayed so many times before we gave up.

Two locksmiths failed, and now a heating/energy/plumbing appointment not kept, nor the return phone call "in 5 minutes" after I chased up.

It's quite a unique (in terms of energy generation) service this firm offer so we didn't use ratedpeople.com, but given the number of jokers who seem to be in this industry and can't do the most basic of communications I think I'll stick to that site from here-on-in.
asl
Pie's given my details to one and I've also put a post on this ratedpeople thing. Hopefully, I'll get someone.
Admin
Site Administrator
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:Try this website, it may help. http://www.ratedpeople.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
me too - very good site for this sort of thing - describe the job and you will then only get people that are interested (as they have to pay for the link to you as well), then they come out and quote.

We found a very good painter / builder in it who we got to paint the outside of our house.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Admin wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
me too - very good site for this sort of thing - describe the job and you will then only get people that are interested (as they have to pay for the link to you as well), then they come out and quote.

We found a very good painter / builder in it who we got to paint the outside of our house.
I got a call 20 mins after posting, and the guy was very good - even sent text reminders about coming and to make sure the time was still good etc.
asl
I've had no responses so far... :cry:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Wait for this time tomorrow. If nothing, then sorry to get your hopes up...
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:So another trades-person no-shows this evening.

Roof people were ok before we moved in, but since it took three different people to fit an oven after the first delayed so many times before we gave up.

Two locksmiths failed, and now a heating/energy/plumbing appointment not kept, nor the return phone call "in 5 minutes" after I chased up.

It's quite a unique (in terms of energy generation) service this firm offer so we didn't use ratedpeople.com, but given the number of jokers who seem to be in this industry and can't do the most basic of communications I think I'll stick to that site from here-on-in.
What exactly you looking for? I might just have the people...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:So another trades-person no-shows this evening.

What exactly you looking for? I might just have the people...
Are they based in Tyne and Wear?
ctfc-fan
Ah, no! Sorry just assumed you were locally based.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alas no. Maybe Geordie tradesmen are worse than elsewhere ha.

Cheers for the heads-up though - good to see local business promoted on here I think.