Slowly embracing an Islamic UK state.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... bilee.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As I warned.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I said this morning when they mentioned in on the Today Programme that it would be used to by people like you to back-up arguments such as yours.

Personally, I think it's just a stunt by Ch4 but one too far - it will certainly put me off watching I'm sure.

I do not think they should do it as it has no place on our TV or to be funded by my licence fees.

Equally though, I'd also like to see an end to Songs of Praise and Sunday worship and whatever else takes up airtime on channels my licence fee pays.

The UK is a secular nation, so if religious broadcasting is insisted upon I'd rather it was from a mix of faiths and beliefs.

Thought for Today on R4 every morning is quite good in that respect - always has a range of speakers from a range of faiths (usually Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist and Sihk, plus maybe some other random ones).

It works well as it just provides a message people of any faith or belief can thunk about and ponder on, rather than lecturing a prescribed view at you like the above mentioned shows and stunts.
Malabus
Love God with all your mind and heart e.t.c which ever religion that brings you closer to the universal entity then embrace it. Not against this, but I feel Islamic practice at times is not as peaceful as it looks when you do some research. The danger is that Sharia law is forced onto us which will be the [historical] case if the borders are not closed and a limited breeding program in place. Muslim birth rates are much higher than any group in the UK.
Shade
The thing I found annoying about this is not that it is being scheduled, but the way the guy was saying we should sit up and take notice that muslims are having ramadan and how great their 'sacrifice' is.

Why should I?!?! I'm sure muslims couldn't give two shits about anything a Christian might do.
Carry on, but don't bloody bring me into it! I like eating during daylight, thank you very much.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
When I was table tennis club captain at LSE one of the better players couldn't eat or drink during Ramadan which obvious reduced energy, endurance, hydration and concentration - dropped him from the team from the whole month without a moments thought
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:When I was table tennis club captain at LSE one of the better players couldn't eat or drink during Ramadan which obvious reduced energy, endurance, hydration and concentration - dropped him from the team from the whole month without a moments thought
Just to make it clear during Ramadan that Muslims can consume food after sunset and can drink water e.t.c at any time.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:When I was table tennis club captain at LSE one of the better players couldn't eat or drink during Ramadan which obvious reduced energy, endurance, hydration and concentration - dropped him from the team from the whole month without a moments thought
Just to make it clear during Ramadan that Muslims can consume food after sunset and can drink water e.t.c at any time.
I know. Matches were played Wednesday afternoon.
Malabus
Tesco
http://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/inspi ... madan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
I know women that do this on a bi-monthly basis in an attempt to lose weight, anyway. C4 should do a program about them.

Oh, wait...
Joey
Shade wrote:I know women that do this on a bi-monthly basis in an attempt to lose weight, anyway. C4 should do a program about them.

Oh, wait...
That does seem to be the in thing currently, had the pleasure of hearing all about it today at work except they do some day off/day on thing.

:roll:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Joey wrote:
Shade wrote:I know women that do this on a bi-monthly basis in an attempt to lose weight, anyway. C4 should do a program about them.

Oh, wait...
That does seem to be the in thing currently, had the pleasure of hearing all about it today at work except they do some day off/day on thing.

:roll:
It's the 5-2 diet.
baggy89
You all going to get up at 03:30 so you can be offended?

It's probably not that hard in this country, but I have huge respect for the Turkish labourers whom I've witnessed working their backsides off from sun-up to sun-down in the 35+ degree heat in the TRNC in the middle of August. I should also point out that they don't drink water during the day.

The bread they make over there during Ramadan is amazing and last year having been to Eid ul-Fitr they more than make up for it on that last night, I could barely move, let alone dance round like they were. It was like Christmas just with kebabs and olives rather than potatoes and turkey, I know which I'd rather have...
Malabus
baggy89 wrote:You all going to get up at 03:30 so you can be offended?

It's probably not that hard in this country, but I have huge respect for the Turkish labourers whom I've witnessed working their backsides off from sun-up to sun-down in the 35+ degree heat in the TRNC in the middle of August. I should also point out that they don't drink water during the day.

The bread they make over there during Ramadan is amazing and last year having been to Eid ul-Fitr they more than make up for it on that last night, I could barely move, let alone dance round like they were. It was like Christmas just with kebabs and olives rather than potatoes and turkey, I know which I'd rather have...
I lived in Turkey in 1999, a few glasses of tea and a game of dominoes is the most an average Turk does on a average day.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:

I lived in Turkey in 1999, a few glasses of tea and a game of dominoes is the most an average Turk does on a average day.
I played more backgammon than dominoes when I spent time there.
baggy89
Malabus wrote:

That's about all the Cyps do, the Turkish labourers, however, are made to work like dogs.
Malabus
I was staying in a building in Turkey during the 1999 earthquake [Deprem] my building collapsed ( I was out at the time) the person next door was trapped and emergency services had such a laid back attitude it was more of the case that it was Allah's will and it should be cherished.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:I was staying in a building in Turkey during the 1999 earthquake [Deprem] my building collapsed ( I was out at the time) the person next door was trapped and emergency services had such a laid back attitude it was more of the case that it was Allah's will and it should be cherished.
A bit like anti-abortion and anti-contraceptipn Christian fundamentalists